Hot Deals

[CanNet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75M/10 for $29.98/m, Ontario

Aug 7, 2016
49 posts
4 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:39 am
Cannet actually buys the service and bandwidth from Carrytel. They're both very much related. I would have went with cannet between the 2 to save money
I don't think so. Cannet has more coverage (Ontario, quebec and alberta) than carrytel (Ontario only).

Also per the cannet indian supervisor said, they have 30 support support employees and run 7x24,and 30 is already more than whole carrytel.

Also from the way they sell. Cannet offer no upfront cost vs Carrytel ask $150+ upfront for modem and first month. Its obvious cannet has deeper pocket than carrytel.

Only top of that, cannet is paid advertiser in Rfd and carrytel is not.

No, they are not same company.
Dec 12, 2007
117 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
TracyWater wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 9:20 pm
Only ISP can do it.
thanks so perhaps the issues with the modems should now have been resolved
Dec 12, 2007
117 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
earlofmarch wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:55 am
I don't think so. Cannet has more coverage (Ontario, quebec and alberta) than carrytel (Ontario only).

Also per the cannet indian supervisor said, they have 30 support support employees and run 7x24,and 30 is already more than whole carrytel.

Also from the way they sell. Cannet offer no upfront cost vs Carrytel ask $150+ upfront for modem and first month. Its obvious cannet has deeper pocket than carrytel.

Only top of that, cannet is paid advertiser in Rfd and carrytel is not.

No, they are not same company.
I went with Cannet instead of Carrytel because there were no upfront costs to pay for modem, installation, setup etc and the ability to own the modem 2 years from now.

At least I don't have to think about this for 2 years until the promotional price is gone. if this plan works out.

I'm sure at that time, there will be new plans products from competitors or even Cannet themselves to lure us.
Aug 7, 2016
49 posts
4 upvotes
phoenix_bladen wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:00 am
I went with Cannet instead of Carrytel because there were no upfront costs to pay for modem, installation, setup etc and the ability to own the modem 2 years from now.

At least I don't have to think about this for 2 years until the promotional price is gone. if this plan works out.

I'm sure at that time, there will be new plans products from competitors or even Cannet themselves to lure us.
Me too. Plus the cannet reseller give me free asus router. Not free now because they upgrade it to dial band asus router for $10. Its yours and no need return.

75m should be fast enough for me in next 2 years.
Mar 5, 2009
28 posts
4 upvotes
I signed up for this but I have to say i did a mistake. It is one week and the speed is really bad from 7:00pm till midnight. I am in the Mississauga. Called their customer support and they told me to test the speed on fast.com, which for some reason always 75mbps. I told them that other sites are reporting 1mbps or so and the guys said they only go with fast.com for speed tests. I tried to open a youtube video and it was buffering, on which he said change my laptop as there might be an issue with it. So if you go with them, expect a congested network in the evening and their technical support is not technical at all. And when you call customer service even be prepared to hear that you are lying about the speed.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1186 posts
489 upvotes
Ottawa
zomby wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:56 am
I signed up for this but I have to say i did a mistake. It is one week and the speed is really bad from 7:00pm till midnight. I am in the Mississauga. Called their customer support and they told me to test the speed on fast.com, which for some reason always 75mbps. I told them that other sites are reporting 1mbps or so and the guys said they only go with fast.com for speed tests. I tried to open a youtube video and it was buffering, on which he said change my laptop as there might be an issue with it. So if you go with them, expect a congested network in the evening and their technical support is not technical at all. And when you call customer service even be prepared to hear that you are lying about the speed.
+1

Every night for the last week right after 7-7:15ish my Cannet Internet drags to a halt. Customer support is useless and says to give it time and to allow their servers to distribute the load... same thing every night during peak usage times... going to try another week or two and if it does not improve then Carrytel here I come.

https://imgur.com/a/b7cvS
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
487 posts
61 upvotes
zomby wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:56 am
Hi There,

Did you use all right ways to measure your internet speed because our tech suggesting fast.com is not what they should have done:

1) Connect one computer to cable modem using wired cable (you need to reboot modem when doing so);
2) Stop all applications when testing speed
3) Test speed from speedtest.cannettel.com; fast.com and speedtest.net (selecting a Toronto server);
4) Please send us the screenshot using speedtest.net.

Please share the results at info@cannet.com and our technicians will do a double check to find out any underlying problems for you.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1686 posts
497 upvotes
chriscabob wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:11 pm
+1

Every night for the last week right after 7-7:15ish my Cannet Internet drags to a halt. Customer support is useless and says to give it time and to allow their servers to distribute the load... same thing every night during peak usage times... going to try another week or two and if it does not improve then Carrytel here I come.

You were told by their reps to test wired to the modem or to the router. Your screen shot shows you tested this by wifi, and from a phone no less, which is less powerful and likely more prone to slow downs. There is no way 2 or more reps neglected to tell you to test by wire, and from a computer. Yet here you are testing by wifi. What's your reason?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1186 posts
489 upvotes
Ottawa
badOne wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:59 pm
You were told by their reps to test wired to the modem or to the router. Your screen shot shows you tested this by wifi, and from a phone no less, which is less powerful and likely more prone to slow downs. There is no way 2 or more reps neglected to tell you to test by wire, and from a computer. Yet here you are testing by wifi. What's your reason?
Already have tested from a computer just happened to post my phone results as that is what I have on hand at work. Results are no different wifi vs hardwired. The network just gets slammed at peak times in my area in ottawa.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
487 posts
61 upvotes
chriscabob wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:11 pm
+1

I apologize for the slow speeds.

Please share your info about hard-wired test results and customer ID with info@cannettel.com , I am unfortunately not a technician so I can only direct you to them.
Last edited by CanNetRFD on Dec 7th, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 5, 2009
28 posts
4 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:53 pm
Hi There,

Did you use all right ways to measure your internet speed because our tech suggesting fast.com is not what they should have done:

1) Connect one computer to cable modem using wired cable (you need to reboot modem when doing so);
3) Test speed from speedtest.cannettel.com; fast.com and speedtest.net (selecting a Toronto server);

Please share the results at info@cannet.com and our technicians will do a double check to find out any underlying problems for you.
Yes I connected the laptop directly with the router as this is the first thing they asked me to do. I will attach a screenshot with the test you suggested.
Oct 1, 2017
28 posts
3 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:53 pm
Hi There,

I am in Mississauga and just signed up today, hopefully this is not a normal case, as we use Youtube a lot
Aug 7, 2016
49 posts
4 upvotes
kangarooz wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:07 pm
can we move from the 35 dollar plan to this to save 5 dollars and reset the 2 years price protection?

I spent hours to argue with cannet. Answer is yes if you agree to put $200 deposit.

Otherwise no.
Apr 12, 2013
586 posts
60 upvotes
Markham
earlofmarch wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:41 pm
I spent hours to argue with cannet. Answer is yes if you agree to put $200 deposit.

Otherwise no.
i thought the $200 was in you didnt pass the credit check.