Hot Deals

[CanNet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75M/10 for $29.98/m, Ontario

Aug 7, 2016
49 posts
4 upvotes
kangarooz wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:48 pm
i thought the $200 was in you didnt pass the credit check.
$200 is for old customers (me) who is paying $35 plus $5 modem rental, and want change to this $5/month less plan.

Basically they don't want you change.
Aug 7, 2016
49 posts
4 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:31 pm
I apologize for the slow speeds.

Please share your info about hard-wired test results and customer ID with info@cannet.com , I am unfortunately not a technician so I can only direct you to them.
Are you from Cannet.com? I always thought cannet is a Canadian company.

CanNet Internet Services, Inc.
PO Box 36696
Canton, OH 44735-6696

Phone: 330.484.2260
Fax: 330.493.9771
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
480 posts
61 upvotes
earlofmarch wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 8:40 am
Are you from Cannet.com? I always thought cannet is a Canadian company.

CanNet Internet Services, Inc.
PO Box 36696
Canton, OH 44735-6696

Phone: 330.484.2260
Fax: 330.493.9771
My apologies it is info@cannettel.com and yes we are a Canadian company.
Oct 7, 2017
18 posts
4 upvotes
Cannet reseller offer Asus rt-n53 dual band router for $10. Anybody got it? How about the performance?
Jul 4, 2017
25 posts
1 upvote
Taihou wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 12:42 pm
Cannet reseller offer Asus rt-n53 dual band router for $10. Anybody got it? How about the performance?
Well if it is free it is ok but for 10 bucks you can forget it.
Oct 6, 2012
6 posts
3 upvotes
KINGSTON
Taihou wrote:
Dec 9th, 2017 12:42 pm
It's refurbished. I am currently using it as a range extender, and it's not very good at doing that. I haven't tried using it as a router or access point, so I can't really comment on it's functionality in those areas. If you don't have a wireless router or need an access point, it's a good starting point for $10. They are actually giving it away free, the $10 is for shipping.
Feb 22, 2009
301 posts
76 upvotes
Ottawa
nbking74 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 8:01 am
It's refurbished. I am currently using it as a range extender, and it's not very good at doing that. I haven't tried using it as a router or access point, so I can't really comment on it's functionality in those areas. If you don't have a wireless router or need an access point, it's a good starting point for $10. They are actually giving it away free, the $10 is for shipping.
Actually they ran out of the first type of wireless router they were giving out for free (+ $10 shipping if you don't do local pickup) and it was single band. They now offer this dual-band RT-N53 for $10 (ie. not free), $25 with shipping if you can't do local pickup.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
1634 posts
326 upvotes
Ottawa
chriscabob wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:15 pm
Already have tested from a computer just happened to post my phone results as that is what I have on hand at work. Results are no different wifi vs hardwired. The network just gets slammed at peak times in my area in ottawa.
What area in Ottawa are you? I signed up about 2 weeks ago, near trainyards area. Speed has been pretty good overall, most of the time I do manage to get 75/10 on my speed tests. The download speed does go a little bit slower at peak times, but I think the main issue with me is the bufferbloat that is causing things to feel slow. I have had two instances where the connection was really strange and it could not even do the upload portion of the test on speedtest.net. Just yesterday night at around 1AM I've even had youtube adds stutter and buffer.

try the test at dslreports.com. I think my speed is usually fine, but I usually fail the bufferbloat portion of the test. I can't do anything about it on the router end because it was present when I was hardwired to the modem.
Oct 14, 2015
199 posts
66 upvotes
Markham, ON
Luckily I am on carrytel and don't have all these issues with cannet, I was almost tempted to go with cannet as it would've cost less on first month as no modem purchase required

Glad I chose to purchase a modem to own to use carrytel which resulted in higher first month costs but I get good service unlike cannet
Jun 5, 2010
100 posts
26 upvotes
Ajax
I'm currently on Fido 65mbit for $60/m. I get 75mbit+ download on speedtests. Would I be happier or just as happy with this Carrytel? I don't want to waste time if there are downsides. I'll pay for the reliability.
Dec 6, 2012
94 posts
24 upvotes
Midtown Toronto
I had the old 100/10 plan in Brampton and I never had any issues. I moved to Guelph on November 1st and signed up for the new 75/10 plan. Most times i am getting 73 to 75 download speed and 8 - 10 upload speed.

I am happy with the service so far. I just signed up my parents for internet service too. They are happy too.

I would say people try it first before committing. That is why they have 30 days refund policy. It may work for some and it may not work for others.
Feb 9, 2002
53 posts
21 upvotes
I've had the 75/10 CANnet service for 2 weeks now and I have no problems. Even in the evenings I am consistently getting 70-75 / 8-10 on speed tests.
I live in Breslau and was previously on the Fido 60/10 plan.

I am using the provided Hitron CAD3-35 Modem.

FYI: The Modem took about 5 days to be shipped ( you can plug in the modem as soon as you get it so you can check out the upstream/downstream Signal Strength etc, but it will not connect until the Rogers Tech arrives at your house to register the modem on the Rogers Network )

So far very pleased.
Oct 7, 2017
18 posts
4 upvotes
stevewk wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 10:15 am
Actually they ran out of the first type of wireless router they were giving out for free (+ $10 shipping if you don't do local pickup) and it was single band. They now offer this dual-band RT-N53 for $10 (ie. not free), $25 with shipping if you can't do local pickup.
Thanks for the reply. I called modemoutlet and yes you're right. $10 for local pickup in Ottawa. and $25 (with $15 shipping) if you want them ship to you. Model is Asus rt-n53 refurbished. The guy I talked said this router is perfect match for 75m, which is what I need. I think I'll go with Modemoutlet to sign Cannet. I do need a dual band router in a high-rise Condo.

Currently I'm with their competitor Carrytel 15m grandfather plan. Carrytel said I can't keep my old 15m plan any more because I'm moving to a new apartment. They ask for me pay $49 for new vdsl modem and $35 a month for their 25m plan. (or 75m for higher modem cost). I paid $99 last year for tenda adsl2 modem and now I can't use it with the company who sold this to me.

NEVER BUY A MODEM unless it really save you a lot of money. Your modem is gabage after 1 year. It's the lesson I got from Carrytel. If I added the $99 modem +$10 shipping cost, I paid Carrytel $38/month for their 15m service. Now they play same trick , and ask me pay $99 modem + $10 shipping for their cable internet plan. Big NO NO NO.

So Cannet 75m is much better deal for me. $29.98/month, nor installation, no modem purchase. Monthly is $35 with $5 modem rental included. total $39.5 tax included. If I agree to do a credit check, there is only $1 upfront cost for credit card verification. This is totally fine for me.

I'll give Carrytel last call tomorrow to see if they price match Cannet $29.98 price , $5 modem rental and free installation . If they decline, I'll go with Cannet.
Sep 12, 2017
251 posts
21 upvotes
How is the latency with this service? Anyone play fps games here with this service? Don't get why people so obsessed with speed if latency is more important than speed.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1927 posts
544 upvotes
Toronto
Where is the best place to buy the proper modems?
That's not a knife!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)