Ongoing Deal Discussion

Cannet

Unlimited Cable Internet 100m $29.98, 300M $59.98, 500M $64.98

Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13068 posts
3758 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Yes, that would be correct.
If I choose the installation option with the technician, do I still have to submit the Rogers cancellation # 15 days before?

How do I know that a technician will show up on the exact day that is scheduled for cancellation and set up so there is no down time of internet service?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
speedyforme wrote: If I choose the installation option with the technician, do I still have to submit the Rogers cancellation # 15 days before?

How do I know that a technician will show up on the exact day that is scheduled for cancellation and set up so there is no down time of internet service?
Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of office for a while. I would suggest you to submit the cancellation # 15 day before in your case just to be thorough. When submitting the order make sure you mention or write down that you would want a 2n connection running parallel and make sure to confirm that with the Rogers technician when he arrives for the visit. Most of the time the technician is aware of it. But it is always better to be thorough in communicating with them.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
3009 posts
1629 upvotes
@CanNetRFD, is there any chance of VDSL on Bell coming back?
Loose lips sink ships. | His Majesty's Naval Service
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
McMaggot wrote: @CanNetRFD, is there any chance of VDSL on Bell coming back?
Hi there,

The promotion we had before is over. Right now we only have a 50M/10M unlimited plan for $39.98/m price guaranteed for 2 years with a wireless modem rental for $9.98/m and a one-time processing fee of $29.95.
You can get this plan by calling in. As far as I know, there are no immediate plans for a new Bell VDSL promotion. If I know more I will always post it on the forums.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13068 posts
3758 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of office for a while. I would suggest you to submit the cancellation # 15 day before in your case just to be thorough. When submitting the order make sure you mention or write down that you would want a 2n connection running parallel and make sure to confirm that with the Rogers technician when he arrives for the visit. Most of the time the technician is aware of it. But it is always better to be thorough in communicating with them.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Thank you.

I just spoke with Rogers to cancel and they said that the service will end on May 4th 11:59pm. If I have the technician come in for install, is it best to have them come in Friday evening or Sat morning? If it is Sat morning, I don't mind not having service from midnight to the time they show up.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
speedyforme wrote: Thank you.

I just spoke with Rogers to cancel and they said that the service will end on May 4th 11:59pm. If I have the technician come in for install, is it best to have them come in Friday evening or Sat morning? If it is Sat morning, I don't mind not having service from midnight to the time they show up.
Hi there,

That is up to you what you would prefer for installation. If you want the tech to show up on Saturday because you might have a day off, then I would suggest you to pick that day. :)

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13068 posts
3758 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Hi there,

That is up to you what you would prefer for installation. If you want the tech to show up on Saturday because you might have a day off, then I would suggest you to pick that day. :)

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
I am submitting the information now.

Where do I provide the Cancellation Confirmation #? In the "Other Requirements" section?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
speedyforme wrote: I am submitting the information now.

Where do I provide the Cancellation Confirmation #? In the "Other Requirements" section?
Yes, you can write it there and our staff will note and process it.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9524 posts
12502 upvotes
Hey Guys.... Just a heads up.....

I cancelled my service with this Mickey Mouse company when that 500U Rogers deal came out.

Make sure you protect yourself, they might try to be sneaky and pull a Comcast (I think it was them) scam down the road, and say that they never received your returned modem months later and then try to come after you for the cost of the modem.

1) Print (print to PDF) out the received email (with full headers) that contained the return label
2) Save/Print a copy of the exact return label they sent you
3) Go to Canadapost and Print / Save the tracking page showing it was returned and delivered
4) On the tracking result page, there is a "Delivery Certificate" option, that shows the tracking number, delivery date as well as the name and digital signature of the person that accepted/signed for the package. Print and save that too
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
16 posts
1 upvote
Hi there
Just wondering if the 75m for $29.98 that deal still available in B.C Vancouver?
As I am using shaw right now, once i cancel shaw, at the same time I could use canNet??

Thanks!
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
MooreH39153 wrote: Hi there
Just wondering if the 75m for $29.98 that deal still available in B.C Vancouver?
As I am using shaw right now, once i cancel shaw, at the same time I could use canNet??

Thanks!
Yes that deal is still available for Vancouver, B.C.

You should cancel at at least 12 days before you want the CanNet services to start so that we can transfer over the services. We would require your cancellation date and cancellation number from Shaw.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
Wizard1 wrote: Hey Guys.... Just a heads up.....

I cancelled my service with this Mickey Mouse company when that 500U Rogers deal came out.

Make sure you protect yourself, they might try to be sneaky and pull a Comcast (I think it was them) scam down the road, and say that they never received your returned modem months later and then try to come after you for the cost of the modem.

1) Print (print to PDF) out the received email (with full headers) that contained the return label
2) Save/Print a copy of the exact return label they sent you
3) Go to Canadapost and Print / Save the tracking page showing it was returned and delivered
4) On the tracking result page, there is a "Delivery Certificate" option, that shows the tracking number, delivery date as well as the name and digital signature of the person that accepted/signed for the package. Print and save that too
I apologize I don't know who it was who made such mistake. I assure you we are not trying to pull a scam, it is just some times during operations human errors can be made. It is indeed always wise to take a picture of tracking or return label, delivery date etc. That goes for every parcel you send out for delivery with Canada Post. If you are still having issues you can always forward me your old customer ID so I can escalate the issue to management. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

CanNetRFD
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13068 posts
3758 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Yes, you can write it there and our staff will note and process it.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
I have been having some trouble confirming my TRANSFER date with CanNet.

I spoke to Rogers and we agreed to have my internet cut Friday May 4th, 11:59pm. And I requested the transfer to CanNet occur on May 5th, 12am.

This was submitted but CanNet came back saying that we will be connected May 6th. I told them to double check with Rogers on the date and they responded last night: I would like to inform you as per our information what we have grabbed from Rogers, that your internet will be deactivated on 5th in the mid night and internet will be activated then only with a brief interruption and the date will be counted 6th."

This makes no sense to me. Anyways I spoke with Rogers on chat and replied back to the email and put my transcript in the email attached as well.

I am starting to think that this midnight thing is confusing CanNet guys. Anything you can do to help?

I mean can't I just request CanNet to connect me May 5th regardless of what my cancellation date is with Rogers? If it is NOT cancelled, I have Rogers for 1 more day. If it is cancelled, I have CanNet. Either way I am not out of service for 1 day.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
speedyforme wrote: I have been having some trouble confirming my TRANSFER date with CanNet.

I spoke to Rogers and we agreed to have my internet cut Friday May 4th, 11:59pm. And I requested the transfer to CanNet occur on May 5th, 12am.

This was submitted but CanNet came back saying that we will be connected May 6th. I told them to double check with Rogers on the date and they responded last night: I would like to inform you as per our information what we have grabbed from Rogers, that your internet will be deactivated on 5th in the mid night and internet will be activated then only with a brief interruption and the date will be counted 6th."

This makes no sense to me. Anyways I spoke with Rogers on chat and replied back to the email and put my transcript in the email attached as well.

I am starting to think that this midnight thing is confusing CanNet guys. Anything you can do to help?

I mean can't I just request CanNet to connect me May 5th regardless of what my cancellation date is with Rogers? If it is NOT cancelled, I have Rogers for 1 more day. If it is cancelled, I have CanNet. Either way I am not out of service for 1 day.
Hi there,

Let me look into that for you. I will PM asap you once I know more.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
speedyforme wrote: I have been having some trouble confirming my TRANSFER date with CanNet.

Update from our side: Our team had submitted the correct dates to Rogers,

But for some reason, we got confirmation from Rogers that transfer date will be finalized on may 6th. Now we have submitted a request to Rogers for them to amend it to May 5th. We have escalated the issue to them. I will keep you updated once we get the confirmation.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused,

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13068 posts
3758 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Update from our side: Our team had submitted the correct dates to Rogers,

But for some reason, we got confirmation from Rogers that transfer date will be finalized on may 6th. Now we have submitted a request to Rogers for them to amend it to May 5th. We have escalated the issue to them. I will keep you updated once we get the confirmation.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused,

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Thanks for your quick follow-up! I would assume someone from CanNet will send me an email when this gets fixed/changed so I have documentation.

One last question, since I submitted my order on Friday April 20th, when do you think I will receive the modem? Would it possibly make it this week or early next week? Just want to make sure it arrives before transfer date :)
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
speedyforme wrote: Thanks for your quick follow-up! I would assume someone from CanNet will send me an email when this gets fixed/changed so I have documentation.

One last question, since I submitted my order on Friday April 20th, when do you think I will receive the modem? Would it possibly make it this week or early next week? Just want to make sure it arrives before transfer date :)
It should arrive this week or the latest early next week. You will have it before the transfer date for sure. :)
Feb 10, 2018
37 posts
3 upvotes
Hi,

I'm trying to register for the 75 Mbps plan, but when I select the hardware rental fee, the radio button, it redirects me to a blank page, I'm not able to sign via the online form. Is there a problem with the website? I'm using Chrome, I also tried with Edge.

Thanks
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
FrancoisL829353 wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to register for the 75 Mbps plan, but when I select the hardware rental fee, the radio button, it redirects me to a blank page, I'm not able to sign via the online form. Is there a problem with the website? I'm using Chrome, I also tried with Edge.

Thanks
I apologize for that.
Let me have IT check out the website from our backend and see what the problem is. I tried on my computer here and I did not get a blank page. If it keeps occuring please try to call in for now until we have fixed the issue.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
Hi there,

our IT team has checked out things from the back end and everything seems to be fine with the order pages. If you still have that issue can clear your cache and see if that solves the problem? Or you can go incognito mode in your browser to order and that should help as well when ordering.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)