Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75M $29.98, 150M $49.98

Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
893 posts
107 upvotes
antihero wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 5:41 am
Fair enough that things happen - but who do you think should be responsible to inform the customer? Rogers or Cannet? I don't have access to Rogers as I bought the Internet through Cannet. I spoke to a kind Rogers rep who said it really isn't their responsibility to track and give out the information. I think Cannet is responsible - and they should be the ones complaining to Rogers that their customers are not being serviced properly. More importantly Cannet should be checking to see if these visits are being made and call on behalf of customers who don't have access to Rogers. And if they are not coming out, to call the customer to let them know. Simply put that there was overbookings - there were no weather related issues that day which would be understandable. Pure lack of professionalism and respect for customers' time.

It is bad enough that most of the service companies have no respect for your time and show up during these vague windows, but to no-show and not even call? I am a service professional myself - if I made an appointment with my client and I don't show - I guarantee I would be fired. Might even get fired if I told my client that I would show up maybe between 2-5pm but please wait until 6pm. My client would think that I had completely lost my mind. Completely ridiculous.
We are trying to solve these issues and other ISPs are also trying to do the same. The policy basically is that the Rogers technician calls before visiting the customer. If there is no answer the visit will be automatically canceled. We don't have direct contact with the Rogers technicians, which in my opinion is a pity. I do agree with you that our rep should have handled it far more professionally and should have shown more empathy towards you. If the installation still is not done yet please forward me your order number in a PM and I will get it escalated to Rogers for a missed visit and hopefully, we can reschedule it within 48hrs for you.

Again I apologize for the poorly handled services from our side.
May 7, 2008
613 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
Appreciate your candor - but really you need to revisit this as a process - missed calls due to Cannet/Rogers fault need to be rescheduled as a priority (i.e. rescheduled ASAP - not within 24 or 48 hours). And the time should be of my choosing, not dictated to me in an email.

In this day and age Internet is like a necessity for many people and I run a small business from home. I have been without Internet for 2 days as I cancelled with my previous ISP, relying upon the fact that you would be there on the day you said you would be.

Sorry but I still feel furious that you and Rogers wasted 6 hours of my weekend and now I'm headed out daily to Internet cafes etc. as I do not have Internet at home due to you and Rogers screw-ups.

Do you suggest your customers contact Rogers directly if this occurs? Because it seems as though you can't do anything about this situation.
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 10:30 am
We are trying to solve these issues and other ISPs are also trying to do the same. The policy basically is that the Rogers technician calls before visiting the customer. If there is no answer the visit will be automatically canceled. We don't have direct contact with the Rogers technicians, which in my opinion is a pity. I do agree with you that our rep should have handled it far more professionally and should have shown more empathy towards you. If the installation still is not done yet please forward me your order number in a PM and I will get it escalated to Rogers for a missed visit and hopefully, we can reschedule it within 48hrs for you.

Again I apologize for the poorly handled services from our side.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
893 posts
107 upvotes
antihero wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 3:31 pm
Appreciate your candor - but really you need to revisit this as a process - missed calls due to Cannet/Rogers fault need to be rescheduled as a priority (i.e. rescheduled ASAP - not within 24 or 48 hours). And the time should be of my choosing, not dictated to me in an email.

In this day and age Internet is like a necessity for many people and I run a small business from home. I have been without Internet for 2 days as I cancelled with my previous ISP, relying upon the fact that you would be there on the day you said you would be.

Sorry but I still feel furious that you and Rogers wasted 6 hours of my weekend and now I'm headed out daily to Internet cafes etc. as I do not have Internet at home due to you and Rogers screw-ups.

Do you suggest your customers contact Rogers directly if this occurs? Because it seems as though you can't do anything about this situation.
I really understand your frustration and anger. I would feel the same if some company wasted my time. I really feel frustrated as well when these things happen to customers. There are lots of reasons why a technician would miss a visit and most third-party ISPs simply don't have the resources to check it out ourselves if a technician follows through or not. We would only know it once the incumbent ISP would update it the system for us. Sometimes the update happens late at night and then it is too late to do anything about it. Rescheduling is also a thing that is out of our hands since incumbents give priority scheduling to their own customers before third-party customers. That's why lots of scheduling times are not that flexible as they can be.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
30238 posts
2467 upvotes
Winnipeg
what cable modem is everyone using? which one is most recommended? wired and wifi. or maybe easier just buy it from cannet
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
893 posts
107 upvotes
divx wrote:
Jan 24th, 2018 8:30 pm
what cable modem is everyone using? which one is most recommended? wired and wifi. or maybe easier just buy it from cannet
For Rogers area cable modems we have Thomson / Technicolor DPC3848V wireless modem and Hitron CDA3-35 wired modem.

Below are 2 promotions pages for 75M for $29.98/ monthly and 150M for $49.98 monthly respectively for more info.
https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/x75_150M
https://www.cannettel.com/promotion/x150M

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
893 posts
107 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 12:25 pm
Hi @CanNetRFD can you check availability of 75M for $29.98 for M1P0A9?
Hi there,
Yes, we have the service available for postal code M1P0A9. :)

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1972 posts
139 upvotes
Kitchener
I am currently on the rogers network with 150 service. They are suffering from area outages. It's been going on since Oct 2017 and it's becoming frustrating.

I assume your using their network for cable and I'd be in the same position I'm in now. MY postal code is N3C4M7
Sum_guy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2013 10:26 pm
but my nipples hurt for the rest of the weekend when we go.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
893 posts
107 upvotes
Double_J wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 9:23 pm
I am currently on the rogers network with 150 service. They are suffering from area outages. It's been going on since Oct 2017 and it's becoming frustrating.

I assume your using their network for cable and I'd be in the same position I'm in now. MY postal code is N3C4M7
We do indeed use Rogers network for cable internet at your postal code. Did you ever ask Rogers if there were issues with the lines?
Jun 12, 2017
150 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Double_J wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 9:23 pm

You probably have already, but you should have Rogers check the physical lines or let a Rogers technician come in to check if there is something wrong with the cabling. Outages from Oct till now is a long time. I could not go a day without internet myself.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1972 posts
139 upvotes
Kitchener
CanNetRFD wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 9:26 pm
We do indeed use Rogers network for cable internet at your postal code. Did you ever ask Rogers if there were issues with the lines?
They have been to my house, changed my modem, upgraded stuff in the box. When it goes down at my house my wife checks Facebook and friends in the area are impacted as well. I call in and the rep usually admits to an area outage again.
Sum_guy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2013 10:26 pm
but my nipples hurt for the rest of the weekend when we go.
Sep 10, 2016
195 posts
29 upvotes
I have been using this for last 3 weeks - the speed is pathetic on a Sunday evening I can't even get 10% of the advertised speed. Cancelling it obviously.

This is a bit frustrating as I paid $100+ as deposit for their suggested modem.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)