Ongoing Deal Discussion

Cannet

Unlimited Cable Internet 100m $29.98, 300M $59.98, 500M $64.98

Nov 29, 2017
5 posts
5 upvotes
I saw that I get 2 different IPs depending on the device plugged into the cable modem. I receive line speed Youtube in the evenings when I connect with a laptop or a TP-LINK router. Both these devices get an IP like 135.xx.xx.xx.
However, when I connect with a virtual router like opnsense or pfsense, the modem hands out a different IP starting with 200-ish. I have only seen low connection speed in "stats for nerds" in Youtube evenings, with this 2xx.xx.xx.xx IP. So I set the router's MAC address to a mac vendor similar to one of the problem-free devices and I happened to receive a 135.xx.xx.xx address after a modem reboot. But that's not all - the "stats for nerds" in YT shows connection speed close to my line speed. It's been half a week testing and working great so far.

Thank you Cannet?🫡
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
ScamNet still exists? Man....that must be one helluva legal bill....
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2019
1203 posts
878 upvotes
Ontario
@CanNetRFD @CannetSupport

Way too much throttled right now. Paying for 75MBPS and not even getting 10% of that speed. The average download is < 5MBPS.

Please check it as soon as possible and fix it else have to switch ships I guess.
Last edited by Dark Ripper on Sep 26th, 2023 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
Dark Ripper wrote: @CanNetRFD @CannetSupport

Way too much throttled right now. Paying for 75MBPS and not even getting 10% of that speed. The average download is < 5MBPS.

can1.png

can2.png

Please check it as soon as possible and fix it else have to switch ships I guess.
I am sorry about that. Please PM me your customer or account ID and I will have someone look into the issue ASAP.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1595 posts
1983 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gotta say I'm a bit surprised by the amount of hate? Been using Cannet for seven years now with very few issues. Speed can sometimes be on the slower side but for the price, we're pretty happy with the service. Having been with Rogers for many years prior to this, their service was absolutely not worth the higher price.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
Unfortunately we cannot match those prices as our cost price is already higher. Acanac is able to offer those deals because they have been taken over by Bell.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
Unfortunately we cannot match those prices as our cost price is already higher. Acanac is able to offer those deals because they have been taken over by Bell.
Jun 1, 2005
158 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
@CanNetRFD @CannetSupport

2nd day on Cannet. The throttling is so bad during the evening hours. Less than 5 < mbps. Started around 6PM until late in the evening.

Of course, if you use the Speedtest by Ookla, everything is ok as they white list the site from throttling. I think I might have to switch back to Carrytel who performs a lot better during peak hours. At least cannet offer free 30 days cancellation.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
965 posts
116 upvotes
creatine wrote: @CanNetRFD @CannetSupport

2nd day on Cannet. The throttling is so bad during the evening hours. Less than 5 < mbps. Started around 6PM until late in the evening.

Of course, if you use the Speedtest by Ookla, everything is ok as they white list the site from throttling. I think I might have to switch back to Carrytel who performs a lot better during peak hours. At least cannet offer free 30 days cancellation.
PMed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)