Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75M $29.98, 150M $49.98

Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
874 posts
105 upvotes
Casper wrote:
Jan 30th, 2019 12:39 pm
Is it possible to get a static ip? (cogeco territory)
Hi there,

Unfortunately we are unable to provide static IPs.
Feb 3, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
I live in Hamilton, wondering if anyone knows how good Cannet is here. I visit there site and they ask for your card cv number thought that wasn’t allowed? Do they offer paper mail billing? Is service reliable? I like to game and family likes to be on laptops or have the tv on YouTube playing videos. I’ve had dsl for like the past few years and was good but not sure if cable is better or reliable. If there’s an issue is it like carrytel stories where takes days to get someone or they expect you to fix it on your own.

I only ask because my promo with teksavvy will end in couple months and I’ve been having issues small but adds up and gets to me, so looking for an isp. I read dsl reports and few reviews on Cannet and is it true they throttle? There have been negative reviews but I’ve learned from having Primus that even isp with bad reviews could have great service.
Dec 10, 2018
43 posts
23 upvotes
dealbreaker09 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 10:52 am
I live in Hamilton, wondering if anyone knows how good Cannet is here. I visit there site and they ask for your card cv number thought that wasn’t allowed? Do they offer paper mail billing? Is service reliable? I like to game and family likes to be on laptops or have the tv on YouTube playing videos. I’ve had dsl for like the past few years and was good but not sure if cable is better or reliable. If there’s an issue is it like carrytel stories where takes days to get someone or they expect you to fix it on your own.

I only ask because my promo with teksavvy will end in couple months and I’ve been having issues small but adds up and gets to me, so looking for an isp. I read dsl reports and few reviews on Cannet and is it true they throttle? There have been negative reviews but I’ve learned from having Primus that even isp with bad reviews could have great service.
I have ordered CanNet services recently but I live in Rogers territory in ON and so far my speeds are consistently and very close to advertised speeds of 75Mbs.
As far as I know they do not have paper billing, I receive everything through email and get charged through my cc.
Regards
Fairypopo
Apr 13, 2018
50 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I like to know some more information about the 75m current special. Wired or Wi-Fi modem? I don't see from the OP post.
Fido $0 data plan
Rogers 500M
Koodo $40 8G
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
874 posts
105 upvotes
Waynegd wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 5:20 pm
How about BYOD?
I cannot say with 100% certainty but the modems you can use are the: Hitron CDA-RES, Hitron CDA3-35, CGN3, and some Technicolor modems and a few more. If you want to sign up with your own modem please call in so our rep can verify in our system while signing up if the modem is truly compatible.

Most of the time we prefer customers to user our provided modems since we cannot verify or check if there are any defects with your own modem.

Kind regards,

CanNetRFD
Feb 3, 2019
6 posts
1 upvote
fairypopo wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 4:53 pm
I have ordered CanNet services recently but I live in Rogers territory in ON and so far my speeds are consistently and very close to advertised speeds of 75Mbs.
As far as I know they do not have paper billing, I receive everything through email and get charged through my cc.
Thanks for the reply I might try virgin mobile and see what deal they can give me.
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
874 posts
105 upvotes
ArtJobs wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 5:21 pm
are you available in oakville?
We also provide services in Oakville, you can use the postal code checker on website to see which services are available or if you pm me your address I can check which plans are available
Jul 11, 2017
80 posts
86 upvotes
I have cannet for over 2 years speeds are ok but they fluctuate and don't stay stable. My problem is when I signed up it was written that I will get to keep the modem and now that I want to cancel they told me to send it back and pay for the post wth is going on.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
10258 posts
1140 upvotes
Hi @CanNetRFD

my 2yrs contract is ending soon in summer, can i renew with this?

Option 1: 75M (75m down, 10m up) Cable internet $29.98/month.
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
874 posts
105 upvotes
kiasu wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 3:56 pm
Hi @CanNetRFD

my 2yrs contract is ending soon in summer, can i renew with this?

Option 1: 75M (75m down, 10m up) Cable internet $29.98/month.
Can you provide/PM me your customer account ID and I will check for you.