Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $34.98, 150M $44.98, 300M $64.98

Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
100 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: When were you a customer with us?
If you want me to answer your questions (no private personal data will be given), you will need to answer my questions first. People asked you several times, but you never replied:

- what causes speed drop 10-15 times down compare to subscription plan at prime time for multiple users as reported above with speedtest screenshots? Be very detail, technical and specific pls
- what exactly happens when a user sends PM to you on this forum with their account details? How exactly your company addresses the slow speed issue in such case (technical info step by step pls)
- what your technician does during an install visit? Are they allowed to touch and troubleshoot customer equipment such as computers, routers, modems at that time?

This is not a sales pitch thread or tech support forum, RFD threads are about discussing posted deals. Participation in the threads is not limited to customers of a certain company. You didn't pay for advertising your company promos in this thread, as obvious from its title. The only posts coming from you are "Thank you", "Sorry", "Send me PM". This is spam, it doesn't carry any useful for other participants information they ask for and expect to find here. In fact, here is your explanation: "Don't watch Youtube videos and download torrents during speed tests". That's what forum members received in exchange of sharing private subscription account data with you. Share something useful with us pls that would justify your ongoing copious posts in this thread.

CannetRFD.jpg
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
924 posts
109 upvotes
sambul92 wrote: If you want me to answer your questions (no private personal data will be given), you will need to answer my questions first. People asked you several times, but you never replied:

- what causes speed drop 10-15 times down compare to subscription plan at prime time for multiple users as reported above with speedtest screenshots? Be very detail, technical and specific pls
- what exactly happens when a user sends PM to you on this forum with their account details? How exactly your company addresses the slow speed issue in such case (technical info step by step pls)
- what your technician does during an install visit? Are they allowed to touch and troubleshoot customer equipment such as computers, routers, modems at that time?

This is not a sales pitch thread or tech support forum, RFD threads are about discussing posted deals. Participation in the threads is not limited to customers of a certain company. You didn't pay for advertising your company promos in this thread, as obvious from its title. The only posts coming from you are "Thank you", "Sorry", "Send me PM". This is spam, it doesn't carry any useful for other participants information they ask for and expect to find here. In fact, here is your explanation: "Don't watch Youtube videos and download torrents during speed tests". That's what forum members received in exchange of sharing private subscription account data with you. Share something useful with us pls that would justify your ongoing copious posts in this thread.

CannetRFD.jpg
Well to answer your question my duty here is to answer and respond to Can-Net customers. The reason I ask for your details via PM is for the customers security; as a representative of Can-Net it would be illegal to pertain it otherwise. For our real customer who actually PM, their problem are generally resolved and we work with them towards a solution. I've helped numerous real customers with their issues. I'm sorry you felt so inclined not to ask for help assuming you were a customer; I would have been glad to assist you. Wish you the best of luck in future :)
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
100 upvotes
None of the above answers forum members technical questions that you elected to persistently ignore. So what kind of questions you are prepared to answer in detail?

Many customers want to understand what kind of magic Cannet does after they PM you their nicknames and confidential account details on this forum instead of communicating directly through your company secure portal as other companies do. Even more current and prospective subscribers want to understand how exactly Cannet manages to drop their speeds 10 times at prime time, what tech problems cause it? Why its so hard for you to explain each of these questions in 100 technical words (not 2 worlds "Thanks" and "Sorry")? Is it because it would reveal grossly insufficient bandwidth you purchased now considering huge number of new back-to-school subscribers attracted by your high speed promise? How long does it take for Rogers to assign you more bandwidth upon request - 1 month, 3 months, 6 months? Tell us some tech stuff pls that would show you really understand the company you claim to represent. I've seen many TechSavvy and other true reps doing that on forums to show they are truthful with subscribers about drawbacks and limitations. Can you post some load graphs of Cannet network to show what share of its capacity is currently used at prime time in major markets?
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
924 posts
109 upvotes
sambul92 wrote: None of the above answers forum members technical questions that you elected to persistently ignore. So what kind of questions you are prepared to answer in detail?

Many customers want to understand what kind of magic Cannet does after they PM you their nicknames and confidential account details on this forum instead of communicating directly through your company secure portal as other companies do. Even more current and prospective subscribers want to understand how exactly Cannet manages to drop their speeds 10 times at prime time, what tech problems cause it? Why its so hard for you to explain each of these questions in 100 technical words (not 2 worlds "Thanks" and "Sorry")? Is it because it would reveal grossly insufficient bandwidth you purchased now considering huge number of new back-to-school subscribers attracted by your high speed promise? How long does it take for Rogers to assign you more bandwidth upon request - 1 month, 3 months, 6 months? Tell us some tech stuff pls that would show you really understand the company you claim to represent. I've seen many TechSavvy and other true reps doing that on forums to show they are truthful with subscribers about drawbacks and limitations. Can you post some load graphs of Cannet network to show what share of its capacity is currently used at prime time in major markets?
Sorry, I only reply to actual customers or interested customers. I don't really know what your purpose is here? Wish you the best of luck :)
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
100 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: I only reply to actual customers or interested customers.
I'm currently looking for the best internet sub deal, and I want to learn if your company services improved lately compare to a year or two from now, but you refuse to clarify that. So no answer to forum members unless you at your own discretion identify them as your company prospective clients? And even in such case you only offer and advertise your company services here, but never answer in detail technical questions - why? I mean, without answering why people are getting 10 times lower speeds at prime time compare to their sub, and how exactly you intend to fix that, how do you expect to solicit new subscribers here? Btw, did Cannet sponsor this deal thread? Winking Face
Verified Rep
Jun 20, 2017
924 posts
109 upvotes
sambul92 wrote: I'm currently looking for the best internet sub deal, and I want to learn if your company services improved lately compare to a year or two from now, but you refuse to clarify that. So no answer to forum members unless you at your own discretion identify them as your company prospective clients? And even in such case you only offer and advertise your company services here, but never answer in detail technical questions - why? I mean, without answering why people are getting 10 times lower speeds at prime time compare to their sub, and how exactly you intend to fix that, how do you expect to solicit new subscribers here? Btw, did Cannet sponsor this deal thread? Winking Face
Any educated reader can see you're here for nothing more than to cause controversy, which you've done previously ;) We're a little smarter than that. Best of luck with your business venture, which may I add we don't need to attack. Best of luck with you and your company :)
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
100 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: you're here for nothing more than to cause controversy, which you've done previously
Pls explain what controversy would it cause if you answer the above technical questions many forum members asked you but you always refused to answer? In addition, you refuse to answer if your company sponsored this thread - what controversy will it cause to answer this one?

So every forum member who asks you to answer basic technical questions about your service is blamed by you as someone who aims to "cause controversy", and even "done it previously" (no proof required)? Why its so hard for you to simply better inform your "actual customers or interested customers"? And who you are to blame and attack other members, when multitude of people posted in this thread that your company regularly fails to comply with its contractual obligations? May be you should blame Cannet for that instead of other forum users? I'm done arguing with you, but you will not infringe on forum members rights here.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
5722 posts
2430 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Any educated reader can see you're here for nothing more than to cause controversy, which you've done previously ;) We're a little smarter than that. Best of luck with your business venture, which may I add we don't need to attack. Best of luck with you and your company :)
His account was created in 2013, possibly before even Cannet existed, and he has been steadily posting on that account beyond just about TPIA. He doesn't appear to be a troll to me.
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
Supposed to be a 100mbps connection...

visual ware assessment report.PNG
connection assessment sep 9.PNG
speedof.me.PNG
testmynet sep 15.PNG
speedofme sep 15.PNG
ubuntu download sep 15.PNG
ubuntu sep 17.PNG
speeofme sep 17.PNG
testmynet sep 18.PNG
speedof.me sep 18.PNG
testmynet sep 19.PNG
speedofme sep 19.PNG
Banned
Dec 22, 2013
377 posts
100 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: you have already been identified.
And these are your references buddy: it goes a long way back, exact same Cannet & CIK Tel thing.

Review 1, Review 2, Review 3

Season Finale:
"Disheartened, I brought the modem to their customer service location where I witnessed seventy satisfied customers demanding a cancellation of their service."
Last edited by sambul92 on Sep 19th, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 4, 2009
172 posts
31 upvotes
CanNetRFD wrote: Have you seen any improvements?
Unfortunately not, the technical support on Saturday evening mentioned that the (hitron) modem is defective and CanNet is going to ship me a new modem on Monday. I have not received any shipping notification of such and also wonder about my 10-day free trial and what happens when the modem has issues and I'm not able to fully benefit from this. I was about to cancel on Saturday when technical support said that I will receive a new modem. Do you have any information of a modem being sent out to me?
Dec 15, 2012
672 posts
226 upvotes
Toronto
espo2k wrote: Supposed to be a 100mbps connection...
10:30pm ish and the speeds are back to full. Everyday the cycle repeats like clockwork.
Banned
Nov 7, 2013
28 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
espo2k wrote: 10:30pm ish and the speeds are back to full. Everyday the cycle repeats like clockwork.
save your time and stop monitoring. the answer is simple, you are being throttled and you know it very well. contacting their support is not going to get you back on their whitelist/vip list, most likely the list is full, and their ceo gave you a middle finger with their bs statement.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2063 posts
500 upvotes
Ottawa
sunnyinon wrote:
Unfortunately not, the technical support on Saturday evening mentioned that the (hitron) modem is defective and CanNet is going to ship me a new modem on Monday. I have not received any shipping notification of such and also wonder about my 10-day free trial and what happens when the modem has issues and I'm not able to fully benefit from this. I was about to cancel on Saturday when technical support said that I will receive a new modem. Do you have any information of a modem being sent out to me?
espo2k wrote:
10:30pm ish and the speeds are back to full. Everyday the cycle repeats like clockwork.
crossfir3 wrote: save your time and stop monitoring. the answer is simple, you are being throttled and you know it very well. contacting their support is not going to get you back on their whitelist/vip list, most likely the list is full, and their ceo gave you a middle finger with their bs statement.
+1. This is definitely not your problem on your end. The modem just won't magically become defective at 8-10:30PM EVERY SINGLE DAY. I have stopped responding to calls and emails from technical support as they are just wasting my time. Their so called "Engineers" will only blame your testing method is wrong and do nothing else, and I am sick of it. They won't admit they don't have enough bandwidth no matter what you do. If you really need fast internet at those time the answer is simple. SWITCH!

The reason I'm still staying is just because I also use internet during off peak time quite often so it is nice to have this speed, but If I ever see another price cut or promotion from Rogers or Fido, I will be switching back without a single thought.
Aug 1, 2014
62 posts
8 upvotes
Mars
I am thinking of signing up with CANNET on the 150M plan, but how do I know for certian that I will get the offer of $49.98 where their website shows a price of $69.99 - $10.00 promo =$59.98.. I dont want to have the old bait and switch with them.. Thanks all