Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Cannet] Unlimited Cable Internet 75m $34.98, 150M $44.98, 300M $64.98

Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
6025 posts
699 upvotes
Ottawa
How does one sign up for this? Website shows different prices. Is there ISPU in Ott?
Feb 29, 2016
147 posts
83 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote: How does one sign up for this? Website shows different prices. Is there ISPU in Ott?
I just called into their sales department. Once I said that I was interested in their "75M for $35" they already knew I was from RFD.
Dec 10, 2006
485 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
Dumb question, but what's the difference between getting this versus carrytel? I was thinking of picking one of them and ditching the $60 fido plan and can't decide what's better
Apr 21, 2011
72 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa - Overbook
The reason I choose this provider over Carrytel is because Carrytel is known to block websites (torrent and kodi). Find out if this applies and find out if there are congestion issues in your area. That is what I would use to choose.
Jun 2, 2009
650 posts
719 upvotes
Ontario
So these prices are only good for 2 years? Could someone please confirm?
Dec 10, 2006
485 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
That's huge! I always use Kodi so this is an easy decision for me. Cannet it is
YrocMorf wrote: The reason I choose this provider over Carrytel is because Carrytel is known to block websites (torrent and kodi). Find out if this applies and find out if there are congestion issues in your area. That is what I would use to choose.
Apr 21, 2011
72 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa - Overbook
Info regarding web site blocking with Carrytel. https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31219 ... king-sites

I strongly recommend you find out if Cannet has congestion issues in your area before you choose them.

There is no contract with Cannet so you can cancel anytime. They offered me a 2 year price guarantee. I read a caveat in the small print somewhere that the price fix is subject to CRTC not making any big changes. Price will also automatically go up after 2 years... (so mark your calendar).

Edit: I found it the info they gave me.

2.13 Rate and price change. Decisions or orders issued by the Canadian Radio and Television Commission (the "CRTC") and other regulatory bodies with jurisdiction over CANNET or CANNET service may have a direct impact on limitation of service and costs of CANNET services. As such, the citied prices and service CANNET offer on the initial terms will be adjust to reflect the change, CANNET will try best to inform customer in advance should there be need for such change, CANNET is not liable for such change should it interrupt or make CANNET failure to provide the service to customer as stated in the initial terms. For any such change, customers will be given 30 days notice at least in advance

This is how my invoice shows the price:

Monthly Fee: $59.98
Discount Type Amount Start Date End Date
Amount 20.00 2017-05-17 2019-05-16
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1825 posts
542 upvotes
Ottawa
I will not worry about the price increase after two years. 2 years after or June-2019, probably the main stream internet speed is 500M already.
YrocMorf wrote: Info regarding web site blocking with Carrytel. https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31219 ... king-sites

I strongly recommend you find out if Cannet has congestion issues in your area before you choose them.

There is no contract with Cannet so you can cancel anytime. They offered me a 2 year price guarantee. I read a caveat in the small print somewhere that the price fix is subject to CRTC not making any big changes. Price will also automatically go up after 2 years... (so mark your calendar).

Edit: I found it the info they gave me.

2.13 Rate and price change. Decisions or orders issued by the Canadian Radio and Television Commission (the "CRTC") and other regulatory bodies with jurisdiction over CANNET or CANNET service may have a direct impact on limitation of service and costs of CANNET services. As such, the citied prices and service CANNET offer on the initial terms will be adjust to reflect the change, CANNET will try best to inform customer in advance should there be need for such change, CANNET is not liable for such change should it interrupt or make CANNET failure to provide the service to customer as stated in the initial terms. For any such change, customers will be given 30 days notice at least in advance

This is how my invoice shows the price:

Monthly Fee: $59.98
Discount Type Amount Start Date End Date
Amount 20.00 2017-05-17 2019-05-16
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Apr 4, 2017
939 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Your Monthly Price
Cable 100 $ 59.98 CAD Discount $ 20 CAD Hardware Fee $ 0 CAD
Estimated Tax $ 5.20 CAD
Total Monthly Fee $ 45.18 CAD
Your First Time Charge
Processing Fee $ 99.95 CAD Discount $ 70 CAD
Hardware Fee $ 0 CAD Discount $ 0 CAD
Shipping Fee $ 0 CAD
Hardware Deposit $ 0 CAD
Total First Time Charge $ 29.95 CAD
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1382 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
YrocMorf wrote: Find out if this applies and find out if there are congestion issues in your area. That is what I would use to choose.
YrocMorf wrote:
How do we find out if our area has congestion issues?
Last edited by DIrty-D on Jun 25th, 2017 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
4886 posts
1074 upvotes
Toronto
so this is better than carrytel? shills and contradicting posts are making it tough to choose one.

Anyone in durham thats with either provider care to chime in ?
Phones for sale
Signing up for Koodo / Public Mobile ? 😉
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1825 posts
542 upvotes
Ottawa
Gotoff wrote: so this is better than carrytel? shills and contradicting posts are making it tough to choose one.

Anyone in durham thats with either provider care to chime in ?
DIrty-D wrote: How do we find out if our area has congestion issues?
rayl wrote:
  • Free installation: You are charged an upfront fee of $29.95, which is automatically credited back to you on your first invoice
  • 10 Days Full money back Guarantee if you're not happy for any reason
For Cannet, Don't trust anybody, trust yourself. Use Cannet "10 days money back" term and decide keep it or not. Both modem rental or purchase option are eligible for 10 days money back.

For Carrytel , you need buy their $129 modem + $10 shipping if you want try "7 days money back". If you decide to cancel , please prepare your driver license copy + Credit card statement for verification, and need 4 to 6 weeks to process.". No "7 days money back" for other options other than $139 modem purchase .

See link below for other user's experience for Carrytel refund process. It's not a happy experience.
carrytel-50-10-fibe-internet-service-39 ... #p24971941
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Apr 21, 2011
72 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa - Overbook
Before I ordered Cannet I looked through these forms (I read them all). I also read information found at https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31176 ... -Cannettel

I found a user named VitaXllent here on RFD who had a long history, who lived in my area and who was a new Cannet client.

I wrote him:
May 11th, 2017 4:00 amby: VitaXllent
They're just a reseller, but Cannet is really good in my area (Kanata Lakes). For the past month I haven't had a single slow down, not even on peak hours. It's always at 90-100mbps. The ping is as good as Rogers for games (30-50ms), so there's not much to worry about there either.

May 11th, 2017 1:29 amby: YrocMorf
How is http://www.modemoutlet.com/ in Ottawa.. I am at k1k 4j9.
That was enough for me to give it a shot. What he said turned to be 100% accurate (in Ottawa) and I figured if it was not, I would simply cancel and try something else.