Computers & Electronics

cannot resolve Win 8.1 BSD error (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2016 1:40 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton

cannot resolve Win 8.1 BSD error (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)

I'm running Windows 8.1 on an ASUS T100 Transformer laptop/tablet PC and keep getting a BSD with the error "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA". Has anyone encountered this error and know what the remediation steps are? I searched online but the recommendation I found (running sfc.exe /scannow) did not work as the BSD still occurs. I searched the forums for this error msg but did not find a post about it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
11 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2002
19368 posts
1071 upvotes
Have you tested out the RAM yet ?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
Likely some sort of memory issue. I had that error recently with a pair of memory that just would not work. Asked a friend to try on his computer, got the error as well. Also try booting into safe mode to see if that helps.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
IDStorms wrote: Boot up and press the F9 key, then follow the instructions...

You might want to check here first: http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/ ... reset.html
Thanks IDStorms, for your suggestion! I went in using F9 and selected the "Refresh PC" option which basically removes all the apps that I manually installed via discs/websites. However, it retained all my personal files. I lost all the devices that I added (i.e. printer, bluetooth mouse, etc) as well as display settings (i.e. wallpaper). So far, no BSD but will continue to monitor it's performance.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
willy wrote: Have you tested out the RAM yet ?
how do I test the RAM? is there a feature built into Win8.1 that I can utilize for this test?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
will888 wrote: Likely some sort of memory issue. I had that error recently with a pair of memory that just would not work. Asked a friend to try on his computer, got the error as well. Also try booting into safe mode to see if that helps.
Will look into the RAM. I used the "Refresh PC" that Win 8.1 offers. If the BSD returns, I'll look into seeing if it occurs in SAFE MODE. However, are there steps I could take in SAFE MODE to help resolve the BSD issue if it returns?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
speedy726 wrote: Will look into the RAM. I used the "Refresh PC" that Win 8.1 offers. If the BSD returns, I'll look into seeing if it occurs in SAFE MODE. However, are there steps I could take in SAFE MODE to help resolve the BSD issue if it returns?
That is a good question. I have never really done anything within safe mode myself. I have only used it a few times to try to determine whether issues go away or not. Most recently, I used it to deal with an IDE <> AHCI conflict that gave me a BSOD on normal boot when AHCI mode is enabled. I booted into safe mode, then rebooted into normal mode, issue went away.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
When did this start? Did you do any updates and then the errors started? Or drop it? Could be a loose solder point or some other hardware problem.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
Just wanted to give an update that I have not encountered the BSOD since I "refreshed" the PC on Dec. 30 so it looks like it has resolved the issue, for now anyway. Note that after refreshing my PC, I had to re-install all programs that I installed manually including any devices and drivers that I added (i.e. printer, mouse, etc). My T100 is now running as good as the day I bought it; hope it stays that way for a while!
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2011
1070 posts
164 upvotes
Win10 comes with "Windows Memory Diagnostic".. u just need to look for it in the Search bar~ can't remember if win8 had it..

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)