Art and Photography

Canon 50mm 1.4 and 1.8 have been cloned by.... Yongnuo!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2017 8:51 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12242 posts
1221 upvotes
Toronto
deal is dead. no one in their right mind would pay over $60 for a clone of a $100 prime lens.

ebay increased their price to 90 ish.. They also pretended to ship my order and didnt provide tracking. When i asked for tracking, they said my package was returned to them because they wrote the wrong address and issued me a refund.

all in all, they dont want to sell these cheap lens for cheap anymore.

i won't buy their 1.4 when it comes out. Yongnuo does not have the technology to create a USM lens. the USM proves difficult so they will probably add a micro motor instead, which would sound like a remote controlled car.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6117 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
Aggy wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2015 11:45 am
Anyone have any first hand experience with this lens? Thinking of picking one up from B and H or there's a seller on Kijiji who has some occasionally.
Reviving old thread here but just wondering if you ever got this lens? If so, how is it? I'd like to use it on a crop body to give me close to a "standard" prime.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2007
3086 posts
342 upvotes
Torana
Jimbobs wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 6:32 pm
Reviving old thread here but just wondering if you ever got this lens? If so, how is it? I'd like to use it on a crop body to give me close to a "standard" prime.
I ended up finding a canon 35 f2 on kijiji.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
6117 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
Aggy wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 6:41 pm
I ended up finding a canon 35 f2 on kijiji.
OK, thanks.
Some reviews suggest that the Yongnuo lenses are better than the equivalent Canons and I was just wondering if that is correct. Maybe it applies to some but not to others.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9199 posts
3400 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I've read YN AF can be slow and inconsistent.
Also, even Sigma ART lenses can be thrown off by new bodies that once worked flawlessly with older ones.
Can't beat the price if you don't need the reliability.
Mar 6, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote
trixstar wrote:
Dec 26th, 2014 9:46 pm
Yongnuo the famous flash cloning company has decided to clone lenses now. Considering the quality and price of their flashes, the lenses might just be decent enough for amateur hobbyists. I stumbled upon the cloned 50mm 1.8 today for about $60 Canadian

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yongnuo-YN-EF-50 ... 418c4f7b3f

The 50mm 1.4 will be released soon and will cost around 180-200. For now, only the 1.8 is available. I wonder if I should buy one for fun of it.
why did you say clone? Is that mean Nikon clone Canon, Sony clone Canon, Sigma clone Canon........Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Jun 15, 2012
9199 posts
3400 upvotes
Southern Ontario
OarabileAtkins wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 10:46 am
why did you say clone? Is that mean Nikon clone Canon, Sony clone Canon, Sigma clone Canon........Face With Tears Of Joy
Because that's what other photography sites call it, http://bfy.tw/Agyu
Jun 5, 2012
37 posts
2 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
I have a yongnuo 35mm. I'm quite happy with it given the price. IQ seems good. Focussing is slow and noisy but you can't beat the price. I bought it to experiment on a "normal" prime on a crop sensor before spending a lot more on a name brand lens. For this purpose it's been great. There are groups on 500px if you want to see sample images.