Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Canon Camera (DSLR, Elph, Powershot etc...) Boxing Day Deals Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 9:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5862 posts
268 upvotes
The 6D is $1890 for the body and $2490 for the kit with 24-105 at Aden Camera. Not too bad considering it just came out.
signature edited for rule violations
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
1087 posts
63 upvotes
Arabidopsis wrote: omg, who put Nikon picture in Canon thread? Didn't you know it's a taboo to talk the Nikon stuff in front of Canon enthusiasts? :mad:

ps. if you really want a mirror-less, then go for olympus. End of story.
Oops! Missed the "Canon" part in the title. Thought it was a thread for all DSLR's and other cameras.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
1087 posts
63 upvotes
rivet wrote: Where do you see this sale, henry's boxing day flyer out?
It was emailed to me by Henrys. I assume it'll be live for Boxing Day.

I guess someone here was interested in Nikon after all :)
Jan 2, 2009
456 posts
16 upvotes
At Canon eStore, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM lens is $299.99 with memory card and free ship.
Oct 20, 2006
556 posts
42 upvotes
Vancouver
for those looking for the nifty fifty, theres already a post about the 1.4 which is definitely superb. but theres withoutout a doubt nothing wrong with the 1.8 as well.

also from the canon estore is the 50mm 1.8 at the usual $100 but wait! theres more! comes with 16gb SD card (unknown brand?) and its free shipping!

http://estore.canon.ca/eStore/product?pid=2106&
Jan 10, 2008
22 posts
1 upvote
Get the T4i with 18-135 STM lens. The lens is excellent especially focusing during video with no noise at all.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1022 posts
72 upvotes
panda470 wrote: I need help in deciding which is the better VALUE among these two T4i deals:

http://www.bestbuy.ca//en-CA/product/-/b0001176.aspx

http://adencamera.com/product-overviewe ... Category=6
I like the Aden deal better. You get one lens, but it's the one that does video better since it is the virtually silent STM version. It's also a jack of all trades lens that you can keep on your camera most of the time and for most of your shooting, this focal length will meet your needs. If you were to purchase this lens on it's own, it would be about $600. This represents the better value since the T4i body and lens purchased separately would be about $1200.

The bb deal basically breaks down to the camera body and 18-55mm lens for $600 and $280, which is close to it's retail price of about $300, for the 55-250mm zoom lens. When you deconstruct it this way, you can see that the filter and tripod are just throw in items. By the way, my friend owns a 55-250mm and he has only used it a handful of times in years.
May 3, 2010
251 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
I posted this on the 'hot deals' forum but it also belongs here.

I was looking hard for a good deal on the Canon 7D and found this gem.

The package also comes with a free Tripod (worth $40), a 50mm f/1.8 ($129) and free shipping

link: http://estore.canon.ca/eStore/product?pid=10321&
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
peety6 wrote: I posted this on the 'hot deals' forum but it also belongs here.

I was looking hard for a good deal on the Canon 7D and found this gem.

The package also comes with a free Tripod (worth $40), a 50mm f/1.8 ($129) and free shipping

link: http://estore.canon.ca/eStore/product?pid=10321&
I noticed this as well last night and thought it was a price error seeing how the body on its on is $1599 on the estore. Still debating whether or not to pull the trigger .. Ahh.
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22170 posts
825 upvotes
Newmarket
liamcward wrote: Stay away from the 'all in one' type lens solutions if you are even half serious about both photo and lens quality. An 18-200 is asking too much of one lens and like some describe all season tires, as 'bad in all seasons' a lens like this is going to fall short at both ends of the spectrum.

If you want something somewhat wide angle, but still able to use for portraits family photos, pickup something like an 17-85, but don't push it more than that. If your looking for something a little longer, maybe for some sports events or where getting close isn't an option the 70-200 f4 is hard to beat value wise and an excellent lens - plus with the sensor crop on the t2/t3/t4 you will looking more along the lines of a 330mm lens. The only issue you could run into is fighting for light on lower light indoor conditions, but the f2.8 upgrade also comes with a pretty serious price upgrade.

The t3/t4 are very nice (if not the best) option out there without going full sensor with something like 5D and with some decent quality glass, you'll be well suited for some great quality photos. For those of you considering that 5d upgrade, keep in mind that not only will you shelling out a bit more for the camera body - you will be looking at a lot more for lenses. Not to mention anything you've collected for your rebel, likely won't be compatible with the full sensor 5D.
I dunno, I cant think of a better all-around yet pro quality lens than a 24-105mm IS L.
Almost makes me want to sell my 17-40mm L and 70-200mm L as I could prob do 90% of my shots with just the 24-105.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1398 posts
863 upvotes
I just purchased a T3 from B&H in NY for $508.00, shipped to Florida (we'll be on vacation in 2 weeks). The deal included the T3 body, 18-55, 55-250 & 70-300 Lens as well as a Ruggard Streak 25 Shoulder Bag & SanDisk 16GB SDHC Memory Card Extreme Class 10. Within my budget and suits my needs.
http://tinyurl.com/cptmqls
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4593 posts
19426 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
On the T3i, does anyone know why when on video mode, recording automatically stops after about 5 seconds? And then when I click record again, it works fine. I was told it might be my SD card, but I'm using a 32GB Class 10 card.
Sep 16, 2010
996 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
flyz wrote: The 6D is $1890 for the body and $2490 for the kit with 24-105 at Aden Camera. Not too bad considering it just came out.
Thanked. Do you guys think the kit is a good deal? Any chance of other stores having similar deals? Thanks in advance.
Dec 1, 2007
393 posts
80 upvotes
dang memory express is out of the T4i's with the 18-135 lens.
Dec 25, 2010
116 posts
21 upvotes
does anyone have any opinion on the staples sales? namely elph 110hs sx160 both for 150... looking for a canon for under 200
Sep 24, 2010
917 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
[quote="
flyz:
I'd get the kit with 18-135. You don't need a cheapo tripod.

roadboy99:
Get the T4i with 18-135 STM lens. The lens is excellent especially focusing during video with no noise at all.

-----------------------
adwoodw:
I like the Aden deal better. You get one lens, but it's the one that does video better since it is the virtually silent STM version. It's also a jack of all trades lens that you can keep on your camera most of the time and for most of your shooting, this focal length will meet your needs. If you were to purchase this lens on it's own, it would be about $600. This represents the better value since the T4i body and lens purchased separately would be about $1200.

The bb deal basically breaks down to the camera body and 18-55mm lens for $600 and $280, which is close to it's retail price of about $300, for the 55-250mm zoom lens. When you deconstruct it this way, you can see that the filter and tripod are just throw in items. By the way, my friend owns a 55-250mm and he has only used it a handful of times in years.

[/QUOTE"]

THANKED all three of you. flyz, roadboy99 and adwoodw. You guys made my decision easy. I bought it from Aden.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
torspiker wrote: Thanked. Do you guys think the kit is a good deal? Any chance of other stores having similar deals? Thanks in advance.
$200 less than anywhere else I've seen it, so ya I think its fairly good. Whether it will come down more than that in the next few months not sure. My guess is the price won't come down much more but they'll start throwing in more goodies like free memory cards and stuff.