• Dec 13th, 2014 2:21 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 12, 2012
23 posts
1 upvote
Toronto

Canon DSL Canon Repair

My canon Rebel T2 camera has froze, Henry's in Toronto looked at it and told me $250.00 to open it up.
Can anyone advise if there is a less expensive place I could take my camera to,

thank you
6 replies
Banned
Jan 20, 2013
685 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
They sell for under $100 on Amazon.
Bill
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1413 posts
377 upvotes
Ottawa, On
Is that a T2 as in the film camera or did you mean a T2i? Either way if it were me I'd probably just buy a new camera I doubt it's worth fixing.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1218 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
Canon charges flat fee for camera repairs. You'll have to pay around $220 either way. If you can find one cheaper, go for it. Then you can sell yours for parts :)
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
demi2004 wrote: Canon charges flat fee for camera repairs. You'll have to pay around $220 either way. If you can find one cheaper, go for it. Then you can sell yours for parts :)
Don't trust Canon to repair your camera. I had the misfortune of having to deal with them once, and not only did they fail to repair my camera, they kept the "repair" fee too. They offered me the chance to buy a refurb instead. No thanks.

I wish I could trust repair men, but after multiple bad experiences, no positive ones, any repairs are now done my me. If I can't fix something (usually because I can't get a replacement part) it's time to find a deal on a replacement.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Aug 8, 2008
414 posts
105 upvotes
Mississauga
Canon Canada outsources repair work to Sun Camera. Might as well go there directly, but for a Canon T2, I'd recommend just picking up another DSLR. Entry level ones are pretty much the cost of the repair.

Only Canon USA actually does their own repair work.
Nov 12, 2012
23 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Thanks everyone, I will possibly check into purchasing a new one it is the T2I.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)