Tags:
None
Nov 14, 2006
793 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto

Canon HV30 Camcorder

Hey guys,

I'm calling on the collective deal hunting powers of the RFD community here. I'm looking to buy 1-2 [rfdlink=38]Canon[/rfdlink] HV30 Camcorders. My original plan was to trek down to Bestbuy in Niagara and PM them against [rfdlink=55]dell[/rfdlink].com who was selling it for 719. unfortunately, BB lowered their price from 999.99 to like 849 or so and [rfdlink=55]dell[/rfdlink] raised theirs and is also out of stock. [rfdlink=3]Amazon[/rfdlink] also raised their price to 749 so the PM essentially became quite a bit less attractive.

Factoring in the cost of gas say, 40 bucks roundtrip + potential taxes at the border and the exchange rate, that PM ultimately becomes 920 or so if border tax is applied.

The camera sells in Canada at BB and FS for 849.99 or so right now, but plus tax, it brings it to 960. However, there is a small store in london ontario that sells it for 799.99. If the PM is successful, it would still be 898 after tax.

Do you guys have any insightful deal hunting ideas here? I've stretched my abilities to the limit and need some help!

Thanks