None
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6207 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa

Canon Rebel xti Nb-2lh battery

guys,

looking to buy 2 back up batteries for my rebel...

on [rfdlink=63]ebay[/rfdlink] there are a TON of cheap ones. Any advice on which are the safest to buy that won't blow up my camera???
http://search.ebay.ca/nb-2lh-canon_W0QQ ... QQsbrsrtZl

really confused!
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
by far the best place to buy batteries.

http://sterlingtek.com/

i have 2 of them in my grip, and they have a significant higher capacity then the canon oem ones. I visit photography forums on a regular and this is by far the most popular place to purchase batteries
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13027 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
Seconded with the Sterlingtek batteries. I have one for my Canon G6 and the damn battery lasted a whole week while I was on vacation. I was astonished.
Deal with it.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
3286 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
skanji wrote: How does this work....one for 10.99 and two for 29.99
http://sterlingtek.com/ca65nbeqba1.html
http://sterlingtek.com/2pa17canbeq.html

am i missing something??
the 2nd link is for "CANON POWERSHOT NB-2L", you need NB-2LH

and +1 for sterlingtek, i asked the same question when i bought my DSLR and i picked up a bunch. they're better than OEM! watch out for cheap batteries on eBay...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7743 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Haha ...where was this thread when I left my battery at home :lol:

So here I was wanting to save $$ and you guys just got me buying batteries...sheesh> :(
See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6207 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
thanks for the clarification guys.

quick follow-up. If I order today, do you think I will get it by next Thursday? ie. 4 day delivery possible?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3042 posts
21 upvotes
Hmm.. a two pack of EN-EL3e batteries for $37? That's pretty great.

For those of you who have shopped there - how did you pay? I'm not sure how good I feel about signing up with bidpay or whatever they're called now.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6207 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
rubberband wrote: Hmm.. a two pack of EN-EL3e batteries for $37? That's pretty great.

For those of you who have shopped there - how did you pay? I'm not sure how good I feel about signing up with bidpay or whatever they're called now.
it gave paypal as an option for me when i tried to check out...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7743 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
I was going to ask if you wanted to split the 2pack...but then clued into your question about the price difference. Doh!

Please let us know how fast you get your order.
See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2002
2879 posts
134 upvotes
Markham
There are mixed reviews on Sterklingtek's.
I myself have found them 70-30 with good and bad batts.

I've bought prolly 20 from them ranging from P&S to DSLR batts.
Some last longer than OEM, but some also fail to hold charge after 2-3 months of hard use.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6207 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
3weddings wrote: I was going to ask if you wanted to split the 2pack...but then clued into your question about the price difference. Doh!

Please let us know how fast you get your order.
will probably order a two-pack later today. A two pack saves you a dollar, but more significantly, the shipping is the same whether you order 1 or 2....

This also will split the usage between both...and make them last longer (hoefully!)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3042 posts
21 upvotes
skanji wrote: will probably order a two-pack later today. A two pack saves you a dollar, but more significantly, the shipping is the same whether you order 1 or 2....

This also will split the usage between both...and make them last longer (hoefully!)
Sent you a PM. I'd go in on an order with you guys.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
3411 posts
72 upvotes
I wouldn't mind going in on an order with you guys either, but airmail is $9, if we have say 3 people, we only save $6 each (not including having to somehow get the goods to their respective owners)

I do sorta wanna order 8 AA rechargeables, a charger, and 2 batteries for my 40D though :D
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
I wouldn't mind going in on a group buy either. If we can get enough people together we might be able to get a discount
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
3411 posts
72 upvotes
Discount unlikely, just save on shipping.. which may be marginal and not worth the effort unless there is a cheap/easy way to distribute the stuff after it gets shipped to one of the members..
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
why would discounts be unlikely? have you done it with them before?

I have participated in MANY group buys in the past, and we use to have a lot of success getting discounts on certain items

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)