Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2005
2781 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Yea, I think that call was BS too.
They'll use any line to not take a loss on a product.
FS and BB are notorious for this.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8002 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe HBC goofed here on the price? How can this possibly be $299.99 when everyone else is at best $429.99?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2005
2781 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Its not a goof.
Theres lots of speculation as to why they do this but this would be the 2nd time around.
They already did this the first time in January.
Unless they screwed up twice and didn't learn from their mistakes this deal is hot if were a piece of it.
Feb 24, 2006
489 posts
7 upvotes
well it looks like this deal is offically dead now> :(
website has changed back to regular price,
doesn't look like they ever restocked since the first day
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1703 posts
125 upvotes
basketball wrote:
Mar 19th, 2007 10:26 pm
Actually the Kitchener Sears Manager (who got called to the electronics) freaked out and said 1) they don't match online stuff, 2) they DON'T do it when it's out of stock. Then I showed her the receipt, at which point she was like "if I make this PM, my job is on the line"--->because it says out of stock on the website...

Oh, and went to Black's at kitchener, they were prepared for me when I went in. They CALLED CANNON (before I went there, seems like few RFDers have already tried their luck) to ask about the "temp. out of stock" in HBC and canon said that "they are not shipping anymore to HBC so it's actually permanently out of stock".
If you show them a receipt from The Bay, and they call and got confirmation that the product is available in store they should pm, and that's exactly what i did.
And people you must understand that no one in RFD was able to get in all the hot deals posted, sometimes you win sometimes you don't
Feb 10, 2007
16 posts
Tried to PM at Sears downtown and SAIT. no good.
The Bay downtown said "Online only". Market mall do not have any in stock.

However, Sears catalog would have matched if there is no "Temporarily out stock" on both SAIT and Brentwood locations.

I guess I will wait for the next round.

:(
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1041 posts
63 upvotes
Quebec
I have a Casio Exilm Ex-P505, is the S3 worth the extra money?The Casio has mpeg-4 video but the Canon does'nt. Will Costco give me money back if I return the Casio?I don't have a membership anymore> :(
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8002 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone want to guess if lightning will strike for a third time. I'm guessing a big fat NO.
smitty4320 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2007 12:18 am
".....I guess I will wait for the next round."
:(
Feb 24, 2006
489 posts
7 upvotes
martianmarvin wrote:
Mar 20th, 2007 12:36 am
I have a Casio Exilm Ex-P505, is the S3 worth the extra money?The Casio has mpeg-4 video but the Canon does'nt. Will Costco give me money back if I return the Casio?I don't have a membership anymore> :(
the S3 has much better picture quality, not sure about how the video compares since the Ex-P505 already has pretty good video quality at 640x480,
S3 also improves on the zoom range (12x compared to 5x), plus it has IS which helps minimize camera shake
but the S3 is slightly larger as well

not sure about the returning camera to Costco part, but i think if it's less than a year (that sounds too long for some reason?) and you have a reciept and the camera is in good condition they should take it back
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1802 posts
294 upvotes
Hamilton
martianmarvin wrote:
Mar 20th, 2007 12:36 am
I think the S3 is worth the extra money, as I had first bought the P505 but couldnt handle not having a viewfinder. The video has mpeg4 which is a plus but all other features of the S3IS blows the P505 away.
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
1703 posts
125 upvotes
tjuzer wrote:
Mar 21st, 2007 12:19 am
whhere to get scratch and win?
Loto Quebec
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1041 posts
63 upvotes
Quebec
tjuzer wrote:
Mar 21st, 2007 11:36 am
Talking about 20$ for Sears.
Uhh, from Sears, sorry but that ended Sunday and the camera is back up to regular price. I'm afraid you're SOL on the camera and the scratch card.This is RFD afterall so another camera deal will soon come along ;)