Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Canon® PowerShot SX50 HS, 12.1MP, 50x

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2014 3:40 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 10, 2012
120 posts
67 upvotes

Canon® PowerShot SX50 HS, 12.1MP, 50x

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Expiry:
November 29, 2014
Canon® PowerShot SX50 HS, 12.1MP, 50x @ 159.99. New is 430 dollars in staples, Best buy 350dollars, Walmart 328 dollars. A refurbished carry one year warranty.
23 replies
Oct 22, 2011
303 posts
185 upvotes
Canada
Your link didn't get me there for some reason. Here is a direct link to it
http://estore.canon.ca/shop/en-CA/catal ... HlTqdLF-8I

Includes free shipping and a Canon reusable tote bag.

This same refurbished camera is on sale with Canon USA as a Black Friday special for $199.

Good full review of this camera here.
http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon ... ndex.shtml
And a good video showing the zoom this puppy can do here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKScH-GHfAw

I pulled the trigger too fast and forgot to check, but you can get 5X Airmiles on this when going through airmileshops.ca
Dec 8, 2013
427 posts
228 upvotes
Oakville
Thx OP. This is an excellent deal and I'm in for 1!

Glad I stayed up.

Edit- this is lava hot. Price is 199 on the US website. Buy buy buy.
Jan 26, 2005
989 posts
109 upvotes
thanks OP.. just grab one too.. btw.. anyone knows the quality of canon refurbished? are they as good as new ??
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3393 posts
641 upvotes
Cowtown
Dont forget 2% GCR..
Your mental health matters. Every step you take towards self-care and seeking support is a powerful investment in your well-being. You have the strength and resilience to overcome any challenges and thrive in your journey towards better mental health
Dec 8, 2013
427 posts
228 upvotes
Oakville
helphelp911 wrote: thanks OP.. just grab one too.. btw.. anyone knows the quality of canon refurbished? are they as good as new ??
Yes. They are thoroughly tested to ensure no defects and there is a 1year warranty. Only major gripe with this camera is the bad battery life esp if you use the LCD instead of viewfinder.

This camera has solid reviews...

The fact that its recently released and popular successor didn't do very well here is of no consequence to the reputation of the SX50, as it remains in our book one of the most recommended cameras in this class. Looking for a fun, family superzoom, or just a good, all-around reliable performer? The SX50 is a safe bet for any of these needs and has our wholehearted seal of approval. As we stated earlier in this review, it's a tried and true workhorse and deserves to be in the consideration of anyone looking for a solid performer in this class.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4832 posts
759 upvotes
Seriously considering this camera as my Lumix keeps getting dust on the sensor resulting in blotches in many of my pictures with lighter backgrounds.

Anyone know how long you can set the aperture time for?
I like doing nighttime landscape shots, but my current camera does 10seconds tops.

Thanks! :)
Jul 8, 2008
302 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
too bad they are gone! I spend too much time on the black Friday forum and totally forget about the hot deal.....
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Site is working now but sx50 is sold out.
Aug 10, 2010
456 posts
250 upvotes
shipped =) excited to try this camera out, especially with the zoom capability.

not too sure if i really need it though, too big as a P&S...

Currently using a canon s100 as p&s, and nex 5r, don't know what the sx50 would replace...
Dec 8, 2013
427 posts
228 upvotes
Oakville
t-dot. wrote: shipped =) excited to try this camera out, especially with the zoom capability.

not too sure if i really need it though, too big as a P&S...

Currently using a canon s100 as p&s, and nex 5r, don't know what the sx50 would replace...

I didnt get shipping notification yet, but please let us know when it arrives...

I bought a camera bag for 19.99 and 2 X 64GB memory for 59.98 from futureshop - ALL I need now is another battery...

Qty. Product Description
1 Platinum Series DSLR Small Camera Bag (PT-DSLB01-C) - Black $16.99

2 Lexar Platinum II 64GB 200X 30MB/s SDXC Class 10 Memory Card $59.98
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
swabi65 wrote: Canon® PowerShot SX50 HS, 12.1MP, 50x @ 159.99. New is 430 dollars in staples, Best buy 350dollars, Walmart 328 dollars. A refurbished carry one year warranty.
If it's refurbished by Canon Canada, steer well clear. They have untrained chimps doing the work, in my experience.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Sep 17, 2012
430 posts
714 upvotes
Mississauga
Tornado F2 wrote: If it's refurbished by Canon Canada, steer well clear. They have untrained chimps doing the work, in my experience.
Comes with one year warranty. Even if "chimps" have performed the work (granted there was work to be done), it will fail sooner than a year.
Dec 8, 2013
427 posts
228 upvotes
Oakville
Please don't insult the chimps. Rememeber the ikea monkey that was taken away from their owner. These animals don't have it easy in Canada anymore.

Off to throw feces at my reflection in the mirror now. Maybe watch Gorilla's in the midst later.
Jun 3, 2012
809 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Mine shipped too. Hopefully it can replace my crappy point and shoot from like 4 years ago.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3393 posts
641 upvotes
Cowtown
I got the shipping notice as well. I hope it's in like new condition.
Your mental health matters. Every step you take towards self-care and seeking support is a powerful investment in your well-being. You have the strength and resilience to overcome any challenges and thrive in your journey towards better mental health
Oct 5, 2008
122 posts
23 upvotes
Just received mine. It looks brand new. Thanks again OP.
Aug 18, 2014
9 posts
5 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I was on the Canon website yesterday looking at other models, and was surprised to find the SX50 available again. I ordered one, and am eager to see what condition it's in. I have an SX510, but the 50 has the longer zoom, Digic5 processor, raw format, viewfinder, and more that I'm interested in.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)