• Dec 22nd, 2008 4:25 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 21, 2008
545 posts
100 upvotes

Can't find any netbooks going on sale!

I've seen quite a few people on this board looking for netbooks on boxing day... but the question is, will they be going on sale? What do you think?

Should I bother waiting, or should I bite the bullet and buy it now? :O
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6084 posts
860 upvotes
Mississauga
the only "sale" i've seen so far is for the aspire one in the futureshop boxing day flyer, the specs don't look that great and I'm sure it could be had for that price in the new year, give that one a look
Dec 17, 2008
30 posts
Ottawa
Outlook is pretty bad on netbooks, sadly. Staples is supposed to be having a decent sale ($299 for the AAO that Future Shop is selling for $350 on Boxing Day), but that's literally the only decent sale I've seen.
Jul 15, 2003
683 posts
151 upvotes
$299 at Staples for the Aspire One is probably the 3-cell right?
I might get it, and buy the 6-cell later.

The FS deal is terrible... it's the 8GB drive version.
Jun 22, 2006
323 posts
41 upvotes
Longobongo wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 3:34 pm
the only "sale" i've seen so far is for the aspire one in the futureshop boxing day flyer, the specs don't look that great and I'm sure it could be had for that price in the new year, give that one a look
Actually that's regular price. The one with the 8GB SSD is regularly priced at $350, it's the one with the 160GB HDD that's $400 regularly. Check it out:

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... &langid=EN

Huge dissapointments in regards to netbooks. I've been waiting for about a month and a half for a decent sale on either the Acer or the Asus EEE, and aside from around the end of November when FS had $20 off the Acer I haven't seen anything.
Dec 17, 2008
30 posts
Ottawa
djray wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2008 4:20 pm
$299 for the Aspire One is probably the 3-cell right?
I might get it, and buy the 6-cell later.
Yup, anything that low will be 3-cell. You don't necessarily need a 6 or 9 cell, though unless you regularly find your self out of reach of a plug for more than 2-3 hours at a time. The higher capacity batteries tend to make the netbook too heavy for my liking.