• Dec 8th, 2012 2:21 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 19, 2012
34 posts
1 upvote
Sudbury

Can't find online MIR form

Hey everybody. I recently purchased an Intel 330 180GB SSD from Tiger Direct during the buying frenzy of BF and I can't seem to find any evidence of the $30 MIR form that was attached to it. I admit after I bought the item in question I probably should have turned my attention to the MIR immediately, but here I am. I'm fully prepared for the possibility that it's now out of reach for good, but I guess I'd like to know for certain. Does anyone have any idea where the form could have potentially gone off to? By the way, I've already checked the archives on TD, Intel and MIR help to no avail. I swear it was there and now it's somehow vanished from existence. What gives?

Also, I happened to take of advantage of RFD's "Cash Back" feature at the time, but I have yet to see them recognize the transaction took place at all. I realize there's an expected waiting period for that stuff, but regardless, should I be worried?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
2907 posts
924 upvotes
Toronto
Alacazam wrote:... I recently purchased an Intel 330 180GB SSD from Tiger Direct during the buying frenzy of BF and I can't seem to find any evidence of the $30 MIR form that was attached to it...
For purchases from 11/21/12 through 11/30/12,
Click HERE
Nov 19, 2012
34 posts
1 upvote
Sudbury
Oh man, thank you very much guys. I was fully expecting this to be a lost cause, but boy am I lucky to be wrong. Seriously, massive kudos to you two. :-)

Only downside is, since I bought it on Nov. 29th that means I won't be able to redeem the $50 rebate as well, but hey, I'm not complaining. :P
Nov 19, 2012
34 posts
1 upvote
Sudbury
May this thread rise from it's grave. :P

Hi guys. I just wanted to ask one more thing in regards to this "4myrebates" website. How many people out there can vouch for it's credibility? It's just that I'm a little worried I might get scammed or something, on account of it seeming a bit fishy. Also, a friend of mine seemed pretty astonished when I told them that I'd only be receiving a pre-paid gift card for my trouble, but isn't this a routine form of compensation for MIRs? My friend took this as another sign that the whole thing might be fraudulent (along with providing my signature). Once again, sorry for the resurrection everyone, but I demand answers! XD
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2008
1860 posts
511 upvotes
I got my rebates from them a few weeks back. It was actually a very good experience. I filled out the info online and got a email confirmation for that portion. Then i mailed in the necessary info and got another email confirmation when they got the actual mail in portion. The rebates were to be sent out in 8 weeks but I got my in about three weeks. My only concern was that i applied to get 2 x $20 MIR's but thier system only showed that i would be getting 1 x $20 however i received 2 x $20 in the mail.

So all in all it was a good experience.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3909 posts
2338 upvotes
Ottawa
Alacazam wrote: May this thread rise from it's grave. :P

Hi guys. I just wanted to ask one more thing in regards to this "4myrebates" website. How many people out there can vouch for it's credibility? It's just that I'm a little worried I might get scammed or something, on account of it seeming a bit fishy. Also, a friend of mine seemed pretty astonished when I told them that I'd only be receiving a pre-paid gift card for my trouble, but isn't this a routine form of compensation for MIRs? My friend took this as another sign that the whole thing might be fraudulent (along with providing my signature). Once again, sorry for the resurrection everyone, but I demand answers! XD
Most MIR's are contracted out to other companies. 4myrebates.com happens to be one of the best ones out there, since they do email you once they receive your forms, and email you again when payment (usually GC) is sent out.

Alternatively, you can check this on their site.

Also, AMEX Gift Cards are generally the standard form of payment of MIR's nowadays :(
P.S. 2 tips:

1) Don't pay for express service (or whatever it's called) if you can wait, since it costs ~$5-$10
2) Expect to wait about 2-3 months to get the card.
Mar 18, 2005
288 posts
77 upvotes
Did an OCZ MIR and Gigabyte MIR through 4myrebate this year(and have a third one currently being processed), received and used both already. Your friend probably never does or has never dealt with MIRs, hence the caution. Also if they were fraudulent then I doubt so many retailers would have these MIRs.
Nov 19, 2012
34 posts
1 upvote
Sudbury
Ah, I appreciate the insight fellas, thank you very much. And yeah, my friend definitely has a tendency to let her ignorance get the better of her sometimes. This usually results in her jumping to conclusions and generally overreacting about stuff that really shouldn't be a big deal. Regardless, it's better to be safe than sorry so I thought I might as well ask the community just to be certain. Anyway, I think it's high time that this thread be finally put to rest. Thanks again everybody! Take care!
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
The TD mail in rebates are a bit of a scam and here is why:

1) They make it difficult to find the rebate on that www.4myrebate.com website (either they are incompetent on purpose or are discouraging people from filing it)
2) They SELL your personal information to AMEX. Yes, you all those draws that give away free stuff? They are actually reselling your information. It is worth about $50 a year if they get the stuff attached to your purchase visa/mastercard too. They may even be making money off of it.
3) They also ding you for an "instant rebate" they just cut the rebate return by 10% if everyone picks that option.
3) I emailed Tiger Direct twice and did not get a response on where to find the rebate form.

So....nice going Tigerdirect since you did not answer my emails I wont be doing business with you. There are a lot of other places to do business with.
Your 30 min hold time did not help your cause either.

Wont be doing similar rebates again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)