• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2017 5:45 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27465 posts
646 upvotes
Dildo, NL
RFD Kicked me out for 10mins. Miraculously it accepted my pwd and let me log back in - after three tries. Boy.,I really need to distance myself from RFD again. I get so reliant on updates throughout the hour.
???unlim CDN air&msging???unlim Global SMS???CD/VM???8Gb???$45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Tutorial: HotLinking Pics in Posts
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1124 posts
171 upvotes
I got kicked out again within the past 30 mins. Funny enough this time my password actually worked.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28828 posts
932 upvotes
Fernando Po
The only way I can log in is with an insecure connection (ie: the lock has a red line through it). If I do https:// it never connects. Also appears My Subscripts also doesn't work (just hangs).
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1090 posts
447 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Finally back on RFD. I was --//LOCKED OUT//-- of my account since April 9/2017 till now April 13/2017 @ 22:21 EDT.

I wasn't sure WTF happened. At first the RFD site kept saying something about my password not being accepted and I needed to change my password then something about a 'Yellowpage ID' not right which had me all "??!? A what?" as I've never had that or signed up for that before.

So I check the site forums for RFD site discussions then read something about a 'cloudbleed' thing which had me worried as my account was compromised. I did hit the 'forget password' link but NEVER got an email to my email account which had me worried. I was almost at htew point of making another account just to message the MODS and others as I had messages to pick up stuff and no way to communicate with the other person.

A few days go by as life got in the way with family and such and a few minutes ago I decided to check RFD again and use my account and suddenly it worked. No need to enter the password again so I was like 'Hmmm it magically worked and remembered my password?". Well I did have the website and login/password saved.

I hope the RFD site and thier accounts are fixed/stabilized now. I'd hate to be locked out of my account again.

PS: Thank you to all the MODS for thier hard work on trying to resolve the issue. :D
Last edited by thedealhunter2000 on Apr 13th, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1090 posts
447 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
Cas77 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 9:07 pm
Here we go again. This incompetence is getting ridiculous.
Don't know why this song came to mind. :D

Last edited by thedealhunter2000 on Apr 13th, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
2724 posts
1452 upvotes
GTA
Is Canadian Tire's site on the same Telus database system? Seems like when I can't log in here I can't log into Canadian Tire's site either.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
2248 posts
269 upvotes
Hamilton
TomRFD wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 3:06 pm
The latest from Telus is that the problem should be resolved. I haven't seen the log in system go down since the weekend so that's a good sign at least. If it happens again we will immediately post an announcement. The changes to the log in page and the error message updates are still forthcoming and hopefully will be in before too long.
Well, it happened again during the night and early this morning. Was just able to get back in at 6:30am EST.

How about using Twitter to make quick announcements when it happens?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1623 posts
197 upvotes
Red Deer
I was just logged out from RFD on all devices (mobile and desktop). I was able to log back in without issues using same credentials.

Edit: Cannot connect to login service again. Smh
Last edited by Rob76 on Apr 14th, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12699 posts
2890 upvotes
Here we go again, RFD did not improve its response from last time, same unnecessary password resetting message, no acknowledgement that forums were down, no ETA, no communication at all :facepalm:

For all we know this uptime will last 2 minutes like one of my previous replies
Last edited by Quentin5 on Apr 14th, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8122 posts
967 upvotes
Toronto
Man this issue is getting a bit ridiculous now lol.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
28828 posts
932 upvotes
Fernando Po
Year ago before they changed the site I warned "don't fix what isn't broken"....and its been broken ever since.
"On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” -HL Mencken
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
12699 posts
2890 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 12:20 pm
Here we go again, RFD did not improve its response from last time, same unnecessary password resetting message, no acknowledgement that forums were down, no ETA, no communication at all :facepalm:

For all we know this uptime will last 2 minutes like one of my previous replies
I told a lie, it lasted 8 minutes Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I wonder how long this time
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Aug 4, 2010
871 posts
150 upvotes
Can't wait for the inevitable "RFD database hacked again" message. Just like last time, we'll probably find out 2 years after the fact.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2006
4290 posts
157 upvotes
RFD Admins/Devs - Seriously, what's happening? Are you folks promoting changes during the day/weekends in an attempt to correct the issue? If yes, please stop. Schedule a window and then do whats necessary. Also - a little communication would help.

Thank you.
Last edited by TypeVR6 on Apr 14th, 2017 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
1588 posts
731 upvotes
Richmond
Up and down like a yo-yo today. This is getting to be a pretty common problem.

RFD still hasn't implemented a notification banner to tell people when the site is having problems.

For that matter RFD still hasn't changed the misleading login failure message that tells people they should reset their password when in fact that has nothing to do with the problem.