• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2018 8:40 am
Tags:
None
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
a small hiccups today ... had to refresh page few times to post ...

its ok now
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18196 posts
36555 upvotes
Scarborough
Just wanted to post an update that the problem affecting some accounts this weekend is a new and different issue than this one. The problem this thread was based on was the entire log in system being down. The problem from this weekend is being discussed here.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Banned
May 18, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
Hey TomRFD i can't pm people on my account help plese!!!
Sep 27, 2003
11121 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
goodtrail wrote: Hey TomRFD i can't pm people on my account help plese!!!
Try now
RFD Forums Moderator
Banned
May 18, 2017
4 posts
2 upvotes
Thank you for your quick response
Jun 5, 2017
34 posts
8 upvotes
Hey Tom,

I cant' pm anyone either
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Yet again, how many rounds are we at?
At least this time the message says no longer says anything about resetting your password
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
526 upvotes
New Caledonia
Seriously. What a joke the uptime of this site is. Pathetic, really.
HOT DEAL ALERT: 661,000 stolen emails, usernames and unencrypted passwords from a Canadian deals website, compromised due to administrator incompetence and general apathy towards users! Order now!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/rfd/db/driver/mysqli_slave.php on line 63: mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/1040): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/rfd/core/Event/SeoListener.php on line 664: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be float, string given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/rfd/core/Event/SeoListener.php on line 665: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be float, string given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/rfd/core/Event/SeoListener.php on line 666: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be float, string given
Sep 27, 2003
11121 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
tysonville wrote: Hey Tom,

I cant' pm anyone either
You need an approved post in another section of the site before you can PM.
RFD Forums Moderator
Sep 27, 2003
11121 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
WorldIRC wrote: You need an approved post in another section of the site before you can PM.
@EverybodyKnows why the downvote? Do you disagree with the site's attempt at preventing people from signing up for the purposes of spam PMing others?
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Came back again.
Do the mods/admins/brass know get reports every time this is happening or only if they try to use the forum or posts to this thread?
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
RFD spent most of the night not working. I'm starting to realize every time there is one occurrence several more usually follow
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3663 posts
4735 upvotes
B.C.
for like 3rd time in a month my account got disabled.
PW doesn't work
try forgot PW, and says no YellowID when I enter my email.

Tom does fix it rather quickly though Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
3153 posts
213 upvotes
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction [1213]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
What the heck?
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4409 posts
10632 upvotes
Had more issues with the RFD login system. Was logged out and couldn't log-in for a few hours. I guess each time this happens RFD probably loses 1% of their user base. I am sure you can see internally the post numbers going down week-by-week and month-by-month. How much has the annual traffic to RFD decreased YoY over the past year? It's sad to see this site dying. I know part of it is that people are using other avenues to communicate, but the broken login system doesn't help things. Once people get logged out they might just not bother to log back in.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32083 posts
15376 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Just got this
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction [1213]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
adamtheman wrote: Had more issues with the RFD login system. Was logged out and couldn't log-in for a few hours. I guess each time this happens RFD probably loses 1% of their user base. I am sure you can see internally the post numbers going down week-by-week and month-by-month. How much has the annual traffic to RFD decreased YoY over the past year? It's sad to see this site dying. I know part of it is that people are using other avenues to communicate, but the broken login system doesn't help things. Once people get logged out they might just not bother to log back in.
Indeed, people form habits, interrupt them and people can move on.
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
system hiccup last night ...
RFD Alumnus
Mar 8, 2015
70 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm taking a risk by sticking my head out here considering where my paychecks come from, but after the nth time I feel that the community deserves to know something...
Quentin5 wrote: Came back again.
Do the mods/admins/brass know get reports every time this is happening or only if they try to use the forum or posts to this thread?
The forum staff unfortunately can't do much, but we've been yelling at people every time this happens, even before reports come in on the forum (because they're down during those times Face With Cold Sweat). It's slowly escalated to the point that the brass is on it, so we may see significantly reduced downtimes soon.
adamtheman wrote: I am sure you can see internally the post numbers going down week-by-week and month-by-month. How much has the annual traffic to RFD decreased YoY over the past year? It's sad to see this site dying.
I'm sure this will surprise many, but the numbers were pretty positive last time I checked.
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
dsinnyp wrote: I'm taking a risk by sticking my head out here considering where my paychecks come from, but after the nth time I feel that the community deserves to know something...

thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)