None
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
2217 posts
708 upvotes
Ottawa
chinesedevil wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 12:20 pm
Man this issue is getting a bit ridiculous now lol.
It's moved past annoying and is actually at the comical stage.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1659 posts
204 upvotes
Red Deer
Yep. Got the "There was a problem connecting to the login service." Error again. Glad I didn't reset my password again.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4089 posts
2353 upvotes
Toronto
RFD user base is going to disappear pretty quick if this issue isn't resolved, would be quite easy to make a competing forum.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
5082 posts
1279 upvotes
Kootenays
What a pain! The absolute worst thing is the lack of communication. You'd think RFD was government.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8212 posts
12624 upvotes
Scarborough
Sorry for the late update today as this was my first chance to get online. I've posted an announcement since the problem obviously has returned. I've reached out for an update and as soon as I hear back, I'll update this thread and the announcement.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Sep 2, 2010
457 posts
162 upvotes
montreal
TomRFD wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 2:25 pm
Sorry for the late update today as this was my first chance to get online. I've posted an announcement since the problem obviously has returned. I've reached out for an update and as soon as I hear back, I'll update this thread and the announcement.
Thanks for the update and also for the "annoucement" that will allow us to get more info on this issue when available.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4086 posts
334 upvotes
I know your looking at Tom but just to re-iterate what others have said. It's bad and very annoying.

You would think someone would care as less traffic has to mean less revenue. Unless I'm missing something, seems obvious.
I don't do downvotes but feel free to downvote me.👎

Fantasy Baseball players, I have 2 openings in a 30 team Dynasty league - contact me for details.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1246 posts
245 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm so "glad" my post gets bumped every a few days. Very "nice" job, RFD.

I wish this post will end when it reaches 30 pages. Maybe it's just a wish?
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
4089 posts
2353 upvotes
Toronto
By the way, today when I couldn't login I noticed it was an Amazon ip/server causing the issue, it had high ms response.

Perhaps being overloaded? Or someone didn't configure something correctly?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
2206 posts
675 upvotes
Toronto
@Elfwood has exactly described what I've been experiencing.
Elfwood wrote:
Apr 7th, 2017 2:35 pm
I am always logged in on my PC. However last week, I experienced a login problem. The symptoms are:

1) Top right box shows I am logged in
2) When I click on my inbox/alerts/profile, it takes me to the login page - while the top right box shows I am still logged in.
3) When I visit a thread, I cannot post as the system thinks I am not logged in.
4) When I enter my correct password in the login page, it sometimes says incorrect password, other times it times out (like a Database issue).
LoveRFD wrote:
Apr 3rd, 2017 8:51 am

I was having login issue again this morning. When I saw your post I disabled the ad blocker then I was able to login.
Thanks, I'll have to give it a try next time.
Jan 13, 2014
516 posts
133 upvotes
Calgary
Sounds like it's time to find a new hosting provider.
Penalty Box
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
523 upvotes
New Caledonia
Devhux wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 7:12 pm
Sounds like it's time to find a new hosting provider.
Or a new deals website.

There's no good reason for something like this to persist for 3+ weeks on a site that makes money and is owned by a large corporation.
HOT DEAL ALERT: 661,000 stolen emails, usernames and unencrypted passwords from a Canadian deals website, compromised due to administrator incompetence and general apathy towards users! Order now!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1246 posts
245 upvotes
Ottawa
EverybodyKnows wrote:
Apr 14th, 2017 10:21 pm
Or a new deals website.

There's no good reason for something like this to persist for 3+ weeks on a site that makes money and is owned by a large corporation.
Heard RFD run separately under YP group.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)