Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15560 posts
4854 upvotes
brghunter wrote:
May 1st, 2017 10:59 am
And users know it's the same issue because......? That was posted over two weeks ago. Should we assume every time we have a login issue in the future that the same issue is to blame?
Pretty much, the forum software is falling apart so this is the new normal (permanently).
All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4745 posts
641 upvotes
when login today I had to add "s" to "http" I order to get in ...
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11425 posts
20729 upvotes
Scarborough
lubmar wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 9:30 am
when login today I had to add "s" to "http" I order to get in ...
If you log out and back in do you still have to add the s?
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4745 posts
641 upvotes
TomRFD wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 10:41 am
If you log out and back in do you still have to add the s?
yes ... when i log out the site goes to "http" and it looks "blank" until I add "s" ...
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11425 posts
20729 upvotes
Scarborough
lubmar wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 2:34 pm
it is working now for me without the "s" ...

cant-login-morning-off-whole-day-2090375/17/
That's good to hear. The update today added https support across the entire site (previous just the forums). If you experience any issues with this in the future please let me now.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3183 posts
6775 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
@TomRFD, with regards to the recent outages due to the servers, can I suggest that the "Announcement: Current log in system issue" be slightly modified to "Announcement: Current log in system issue - updated MMM DD YYYY" and that you change the MMM DD YYYY when you post some new info about the issue to the Announcement?

This would help people know that there is an issue that's being looked at and, by having the date in the Announcement, people will be inclined to click it and see your post for that date regarding the outage and any ETA of resolution.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4996 posts
3261 upvotes
Vancouver
Constant login issues. I don't even bother to report them anymore. About twice a week I show up to RFD and I am logged out and cannot log back in. Eventually it resolves itself.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11425 posts
20729 upvotes
Scarborough
trystee wrote:
May 3rd, 2017 10:03 pm
@TomRFD, with regards to the recent outages due to the servers, can I suggest that the "Announcement: Current log in system issue" be slightly modified to "Announcement: Current log in system issue - updated MMM DD YYYY" and that you change the MMM DD YYYY when you post some new info about the issue to the Announcement?

This would help people know that there is an issue that's being looked at and, by having the date in the Announcement, people will be inclined to click it and see your post for that date regarding the outage and any ETA of resolution.
Good idea. I'll try to make this update soon. On the bright side it's only gone down once in the past 2 weeks and it was during off hours. Hopefully we won't need that announcement at all soon.
adamtheman wrote:
May 5th, 2017 1:12 am
Constant login issues. I don't even bother to report them anymore. About twice a week I show up to RFD and I am logged out and cannot log back in. Eventually it resolves itself.
If you're getting logged out that often it isn't likely our log in server doing it. I am on multiple times a day, every day and I don't remember the last time I got kicked off. If you want me to look into your account send me a PM.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
5701 posts
1407 upvotes
GTA
Interesting that i have not had issues yet, it maybe that i am somehow avoiding the times the servers are spitting out errors and its just luck. I did clear all my cookies and did log out and login and i have been getting in smoothly for weeks (can't remember when i last posted here).
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15560 posts
4854 upvotes
porksoda wrote:
May 5th, 2017 12:32 pm
Interesting that i have not had issues yet, it maybe that i am somehow avoiding the times the servers are spitting out errors and its just luck. I did clear all my cookies and did log out and login and i have been getting in smoothly for weeks (can't remember when i last posted here).
its very time dependent, if you try to use RFD on its random failure hours you will get nowhere but if you coincidentally avoid them them your doing great
All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4745 posts
641 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote:
May 5th, 2017 12:40 pm
its very time dependent, if you try to use RFD on its random failure hours you will get nowhere but if you coincidentally avoid them them your doing great
yes ... but overall it is almost "ok" ... just a few and short hiccups for me (nothing like before when you couldn't get in at all)
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4996 posts
3261 upvotes
Vancouver
TomRFD wrote:
May 5th, 2017 11:20 am
If you're getting logged out that often it isn't likely our log in server doing it. I am on multiple times a day, every day and I don't remember the last time I got kicked off. If you want me to look into your account send me a PM.
With all due respect Tom that doesn't make any sense. I'm a very savvy computer user and I use other forums without any issue. I've also been on RFD since 2004 without any issues until this new login system was introduced. I can say certainly the issue is on RFD's end - especially since it resolves itself without issue. Anyways, things seem fine now but I've thought that before and it will strike again.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
11425 posts
20729 upvotes
Scarborough
adamtheman wrote:
May 6th, 2017 11:09 pm
With all due respect Tom that doesn't make any sense. I'm a very savvy computer user and I use other forums without any issue. I've also been on RFD since 2004 without any issues until this new login system was introduced. I can say certainly the issue is on RFD's end - especially since it resolves itself without issue. Anyways, things seem fine now but I've thought that before and it will strike again.
What I meant was that our log in server isn't purposely logging you out. Since our systems are integrated with YP's it makes incidents like these occur more frequently than on regular forums. You're not alone in experiencing this issue as I receive a couple reports a week about being logged out automatically. I'm glad to hear it stopped doing that and if it happens again, please do send me a PM so I can try to look into your particular issue.
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
330 upvotes
Oatmeal wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 9:38 am
If you don't mind me asking, why isn't there a message posted with this explanation in the forum homepage or as a sticky in Hot Deals?
Be careful what you wish for, because you might just get it.

The site now appears to keep a permanent 'current' announcement (dated Apr 14th, 2017) at the top of every sub-forum page.