None
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8561 posts
12915 upvotes
Scarborough
bylo wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 10:36 pm
Both yesterday evening and again this evening.
Don't recall anything happening last night but this evening there was an issue at one of our data centres. It was recently resolved but did affect logging in for approximate 3-4 hours. The teams are still investigating to determine the cause of the problem. I'll have a dev update this thread with more details tomorrow. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1415 upvotes
Richmond
Well at least this time we had that banner telling us there was a site problem. Oh wait, no we didn't. :(
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4217 posts
365 upvotes
Markham
TomRFD wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 10:46 pm
Don't recall anything happening last night but this evening there was an issue at one of our data centres. It was recently resolved but did affect logging in for approximate 3-4 hours. The teams are still investigating to determine the cause of the problem. I'll have a dev update this thread with more details tomorrow. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Feel RFD new app has been unstable in past a week, something here there
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8561 posts
12915 upvotes
Scarborough
smartie wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 11:03 pm
Feel RFD new app has been unstable in past a week, something here there
I don't think what you're experiencing has to do with this particular threads issue. Is it more like this? crash-2104919/
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Jan 22, 2015
478 posts
106 upvotes
N/A
I've been getting a spinning circle all day for the login.

Edit, oh wait, how did I post this? Whu? hmm, maybe it's my privacy blockers....hang on.

Ah, yes. Privacy Badger is the culprit. Oh well. I'll leave the spinner, I prefer not getting tracked to looking at my stupid avatar at the top of the page. :)

another edit: as a bonus it disables the new crappier menu bar, lol. There was nothing wrong with the other one except you had to eff with it. Now it's dumb and non intuitive to get to my regular forums. So. It's actually easier to scroll down the entire list every time I move to another one. Lol, YAY bonus wrenches!

third edit. Awww. You fixed it. Stupid forums menu is back. Boo.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4452 posts
2114 upvotes
Vancouver
Reporting that site went down, again, last night. Had to re-login again this morning (it logged me out).
Jan 22, 2015
478 posts
106 upvotes
N/A
TomRFD wrote:
Jun 30th, 2017 4:44 pm
@ElDealioSupremo what's wrong with the menu bar?
Sorry, it's just me. I hate the damn thing. The design doesn't seem rational, or as rational as the previous one. I use it because I'm too lazy to link to the forums directly but muscle memory refuses to kick in and let me find it quickly. I seem to pause and ingest the heading over and over and then mentally shake my head at some interminable 'wrongness'. As I said, it's me, I'm getting old and crotchety.

I was doubly annoyed because Google has "materially designed" the Google News thing and now there's less information per inch of page than there used to be. So now? Now I am going to have to build my own Tiny Tiny RSS server because, well, now it'll be MINE and no one can mess with it! But that will take some hours and well, grr. Lol, sorry. :facepalm:
Jul 6, 2017
0 posts
TomRFD wrote:
Jun 29th, 2017 10:46 pm
Tom, I just created this user as I'm unable to login to my main account. I've sent multiple e-mails to the support e-mail, but it's been over two weeks and no one has gotten back to me. I can't private message you, so I'm hoping a mod or someone can see this.

Can someone help me? I'd like to be able to log back in on my main account. That e-mail address is misaamane7634@gmail.com.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13626 posts
3406 upvotes
Toronto
RFD is acting crazy today. I've gotten:

Information
You are not authorised to read this forum.

502 Bad Gateway
The server returned an invalid or incomplete response.

AJAX error
Something went wrong with the request and the server returned an invalid reply.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/rfd/db/driver/mysqli_slave.php on line 63: mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/1040): Too many connections

Information
You are not authorised to view the member list or profiles.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/rfd/db/driver/mysqli_slave.php on line 63: mysqli::real_connect(): (HY000/1040): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/rfd/core/Event/SeoListener.php on line 664: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be float, string given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/rfd/core/Event/SeoListener.php on line 665: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be float, string given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/rfd/core/Event/SeoListener.php on line 666: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be float, string given

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]
Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction [1213]
An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Mar 27, 2010
380 posts
60 upvotes
Montreal
Same problems here. Even got a cannot connect to Yellow ID again.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13626 posts
3406 upvotes
Toronto
pipolchap wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 2:56 pm
Hard at work! :)
Screenshot_20170821-145454.png
I LOLed Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13626 posts
3406 upvotes
Toronto
Does it help if we post the actual error or do you just need to know in future there is an error?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/rfd/core/vendor/doctrine/common/lib/Doctrine/Common/Proxy/AbstractProxyFactory.php on line 209: require([ROOT]/ext/rfd/core/cache/prod/doctrine/orm/Proxies/__CG__RfdBbForumsBundleEntityForum.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory