• Feb 11th, 2018 8:40 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19239 posts
17866 upvotes
GTA, ON
What's going on with RFD lately? Yellow Pages?
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26763 posts
9332 upvotes
where I belong
Keeps showing me the Login screen, but I can go to PM or Subscribed threads page directly no problem without re-login, Weird
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
on and off ... again ...
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
Quentin5 wrote: You can say that again.
Is there a fix on the horizon?
not until someone gets fired
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32140 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
divx wrote: not until someone gets fired
i'm starting to think they hired the home depot website/app team to maintain RFD.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
Quentin5 wrote: i'm starting to think they hired the home depot website/app team to maintain RFD.
they failed to renew their geeksquad support contract
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: You can say that again.
Is there a fix on the horizon?
No clue. That's not something that would be communicated to me.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32140 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
divx wrote: they failed to renew their geeksquad support contract
that should be an improvement then Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Guru
Feb 28, 2006
12985 posts
6513 upvotes
Been on and off every other day or so. Had the same error at noon, now seems to have fixed itself again...
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2015
2045 posts
918 upvotes
Elgin, ON
bylo wrote: And on the rare occasions when I got taken to the login page and tried to log in, I was greeted by the usual incorrect message [my bold]:

Are you guys perpetually doing a "security update" that requires us to "reset your password?" If not, perhaps the powers-that-be could remove the verbiage I bolded so as not to lead frustrated users down a garden path to nowhere.

Thank you.
Thanks for this post. I was skeptical that a password change was required when I could not log in earlier today.
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
Shaner wrote: No clue. That's not something that would be communicated to me.
I would think that if "they" had a clue (about fix) they would give you a clue ... that doesn't look good ...
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32140 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
lubmar wrote: I would think that if "they" had a clue (about fix) they would give you a clue ... that doesn't look good ...
indeed, operating on a need to know basis may work for secret agents but a public message forum is not where hiding information helps anybody
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
lubmar wrote: I would think that if "they" had a clue (about fix) they would give you a clue ... that doesn't look good ...
Mods are almost never part of the discussion when it comes to technical issues. We typically find out the same time the rest of the community finds out.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2008
1828 posts
884 upvotes
Up in the air
I'm hoping this is not a security issue like our username/passwords being compromised...
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2931 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
Konowl wrote: I *really* wish there was a reddit for canadian deals, something along the lines of bapcsalescanada
im surprised too that nobody is giving rfd a run for their money. this keeps happening and the referral links are often broken. we missed out on some international deals that were popular on american and australian deals and bargains sites last outage too.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32140 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
quazy wrote: im surprised too that nobody is giving rfd a run for their money. this keeps happening and the referral links are often broken. we missed out on some international deals that were popular on american and australian deals and bargains sites last outage too.
Indeed, if i knew how to run a message forum and had the resources i was thinking of starting a new forum, to be known as reliable deals Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
4511 posts
2168 upvotes
Calgary
There was a good 30 minutes period between 12:30 and 1pm EST where there was not a single post on RFD. How can this be ongoing for a week without significant work I have no clue. That's pretty significant of a downtime.

Just because people are not posting they are having a problem does not mean a serious problem does not exist. People generally post when they have the problem, but you can't post when you have the problem!

I am still having major on and off issues.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29129 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E :rolleyes:
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2931 posts
1523 upvotes
North York
Quentin5 wrote: Indeed, if i knew how to run a message forum and had the resources i was thinking of starting a new forum, to be known as reliable deals Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
there are even other sites or subreddits in existence but for some reason they don't catch on. clever canucks is a good site but not really a good hot deals forum unfortunately.

i find myself browsing the Australian bargains and american deals counterparts to this website more often because the aliexpress, gb, ebay etc deals don't get posted here anymore.

sorta surprised the american deals website for one hasn't made a canadian hot deal forum.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)