• Sep 3rd, 2014 7:23 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 26, 2010
87 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver

Can't roam with koodo in Japan

So I just got to Japan and I added pay per use add on. My phone won't connect to any network. Can koodo roam in Japan?
22 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
log in into your koodo account and add a FREE feature which will enable roaming.
Aug 26, 2010
87 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
Which free features? The only free features I see are ppu int. Long distance (which I already have) and call display restrict
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
Should of unlocked the phone and got a local sim card.

At this point you should call Koodo & request either they unlock your phone (depending on the phone you have) or enable roaming so you can overpay for using it lol
Aug 26, 2010
87 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
I have a local Sim card. I just want to check my texts from time to time. Anyone know how to roam with koodo?

I tried using this link:
http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-lo ... travelling

I can't find the international voice roaming option after adding ppu int long distance.

I have the $55 MB plan, I don't want to call koodo.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1782 posts
1207 upvotes
Toronto
Does your phone support the Japanese frequencies, they're different to other countries. You'd need to be able to access the 2100 LTE frequency and even then you'd only be able to get on the DoCoMo and Softbank services.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13840 posts
5545 upvotes
Ontario
what phone do you have?
Did you get it or is it unlocked?
If its not unlocked putting in a local sim card from Japan will not work because your phone is not unlocked to work there.
If you put in your Koodo sim does it work? or what does it do or say?

scope1230 wrote: I have a local Sim card. I just want to check my texts from time to time. Anyone know how to roam with koodo?

I tried using this link:
http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-lo ... travelling

I can't find the international voice roaming option after adding ppu int long distance.

I have the $55 MB plan, I don't want to call koodo.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
OP has an unlocked phone with a local SIM already. Read his posts.

His question is how to get his Koodo SIM working in Japan. Simple question.
Aug 26, 2010
87 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
sickcars wrote: what phone do you have?
Did you get it or is it unlocked?
If its not unlocked putting in a local sim card from Japan will not work because your phone is not unlocked to work there.
If you put in your Koodo sim does it work? or what does it do or say?
Its unlocked and I'm using it with bmobile.

My koodo Sim won't connect to any network including Docomo or sofbank. It just says limited signal.

The problem is I can't find where I can add international voice roaming option add on.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2943 posts
614 upvotes
Newmarket
scope1230 wrote: Its unlocked and I'm using it with bmobile.

My koodo Sim won't connect to any network including Docomo or sofbank. It just says limited signal.

The problem is I can't find where I can add international voice roaming option add on.
does your phone support the frequencies available in japan?
Aug 26, 2010
87 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
I have HTC one m7 wind variant. It will work in Japan. Its the koodo Sim that's I'm having problems with.

I do not know how to find international voice roaming. If someone can screenshot the location of that add on, I'd appreciate it.
Feb 9, 2004
288 posts
37 upvotes
Potentially stupid question: are you on Koodo prepaid or postpaid? (prepaid can't roam outside Canada)
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
jimmy-j wrote: does your phone support the frequencies available in japan?
if it didnt support local frequencies then he won't be able to use it on a local company bmobile...
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
baxter wrote: Potentially stupid question: are you on Koodo prepaid or postpaid? (prepaid can't roam outside Canada)
Here's a potential lead. But OP said he's on a monthly plan so he's likely postpaid.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2013
1640 posts
442 upvotes
Mississauga
Are you sure you have the International Voice Roaming, Pay-per-use Intl Long Distance, and the International Data Roaming selected, under addons in Self Serve?
Sep 2, 2014
1 posts
Westmount, QC
Another possibility is that you are not credit eligible to roam internationally. The only way to check is to call in to Koodo (free). *611 or the number listed in your "Welcome to Japan" SMS.
Jun 14, 2010
467 posts
515 upvotes
Toronto
apoorv wrote: Are you sure you have the International Voice Roaming, Pay-per-use Intl Long Distance, and the International Data Roaming selected, under addons in Self Serve?
+1

Looks like if you enable those you should be good to go.
Took a screenshot from my account. Have the same plan as you.

[IMG]http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag9 ... 44b520.png[/IMG]
Aug 26, 2010
87 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
EnchantedPlague wrote: +1

Looks like if you enable those you should be good to go.
Took a screenshot from my account. Have the same plan as you.

[IMG]http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag9 ... 44b520.png[/IMG]
I do not have the option to choose international voice roaming. I have selected the ppu one.

Does anyone know why I don't have international voice roaming add on option?

I'm on the $55 MB plan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)