• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2016 10:49 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 4, 2013
56 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
I sent the following email to Fiona Story, Senior Public Relations Manager for the Yellow Pages Group:

I've been a member of RedFlagDeals for many years and have found it to be a fantastic resource for researching purchases, as do thousands of others. YPG acquired RedFlagDeals.com in the last year or two and the site has suffered as a result. Accounts mysteriously stopped working and the forum search feature, absolutely critical for a site like RFD, hasn't worked for months. It doesn't seem like your IT people know what they're doing or, worse, don't seem to care.

cant-search-thread-titles-1382935/3/

This reflects very poorly on YPG and your image is suffering as a result. What can you do to fix this? Should I direct my concerns to someone else at YPG?

Regards,
Ian Thomas
Mar 4, 2013
56 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
FYI:

Bonjour, je suis présentement à l'extérieur du bureau jusqu'à lundi 27 janvier. Je vérifie mes courriels mais pour toute urgence, veuillez contacter Joelle Langevin à joelle.langevin@ypg.com.

Hello, I am currently away until Monday, January 27. I'll be checking emails periodically but for urgent requests, please contact Joelle Langevin at joelle.langevin@ypg.com.
Mar 4, 2013
56 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
A reply from Fiona despite her being on vacation until January 27th..

[QUOTE]
Thanks for the feedback, I've passed your note on to the RedFlagDeals team and it will be included for discussion during an upcoming planning session.

Thanks again for your comments as they help us make continuous improvements.

Best,

Fiona
[/QUOTE]
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
ENT463 wrote: A reply from Fiona despite her being on vacation until January 27th..
I wonder if Fiona ever followed up on the issue.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2003
1209 posts
101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cmon admins, what's the status on this? DOA?
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
J-Wo wrote: cmon admins, what's the status on this? DOA?
edit: crap, already used that crappy joke. It's pretty amazing that they are still ignoring this basic feature of a forum.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Well it's been well over a year and you guys still haven't managed to fix the search function of you deals forum.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1327 posts
993 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
Yep. This site was once my go-to for deals and for shopping.

Is there another Canadian one that is actually maintained as a proper forum, in that it's searchable?
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1955 upvotes
Elmira
I just posted about this today - wow didn't realize it had been a problem for this long. Odd that there is no reply from a moderator or sysadmin
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
duckdown wrote: I just posted about this today - wow didn't realize it had been a problem for this long. Odd that there is no reply from a moderator or sysadmin
No sense in a mod replying, we have nothing to do with the technical side of the site. As far as fixing the search goes, we have no more information than anyone else. That's strictly an admin issue
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I know it means nothing, but its somewhat fun to bring back up every now and then, especially when you're looking for a specific thread and you CAN'T search titles!

Well it's almost been 3 years and they still haven't fixed the issue.

Obviously RFD has zero desire to do so. Pretty sad really.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
1926 posts
252 upvotes
Vancouver
The search functions on this forum software are truly terrible.
Feb 25, 2014
431 posts
113 upvotes
Westeros
chowder wrote: The search functions on this forum software are truly terrible.
Use Google since the indexing is quite good:
i.e. logitech k300 site:forums.redflagdeals.com
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Piraxx wrote: Use Google since the indexing is quite good:
i.e. logitech k300 site:forums.redflagdeals.com
It's decent but nearly as good as searching for titles used to be. RFD should just get their crap together and actually get around to fixing this.