Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3287 posts
1931 upvotes
North Vancouver
Matthew Sekeres

The #Canucks were told this morning by Milan Lucic's camp that they are no longer being considered. He's not coming home #NHLFreeagency
https://twitter.com/mattsekeres/status/ ... 0147241990

Good.
Matthew Sekeres

Minus Lucic, #Canucks expected to make big push for Loui Eriksson. Also hope to get one of Andrew Ladd, Troy Brouwer, Darren Helm
https://twitter.com/mattsekeres/status/ ... 4448462848

I'd rather they focus on buying low on unqualified FAs like Brett Connolly or Brandon Gormley. We all know how the current management feel though.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17277 posts
1182 upvotes
scv wrote:
Jun 30th, 2016 8:14 pm
https://twitter.com/mattsekeres/status/ ... 0147241990

Good.

https://twitter.com/mattsekeres/status/ ... 4448462848

I'd rather they focus on buying low on unqualified FAs like Brett Connolly or Brandon Gormley. We all know how the current management feel though.
Yeah, we don't need name brand players here but let's face it, we know this team isn't going to be a contender for at least a few years meaning after the Sedins and Miller's cap space gets cleared up. The problem here is that we don't buy tickets during rebuilds so ownership is probably tearing their hair our and throwing money at big names to help get some ticket and food sales up at the Rog.

We aren't Toronto or Edmonton. We core fans don't reward mediocrity so big names like Lucic would have gotten some casual fans through the doors.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Temp. Banned
Nov 25, 2010
3939 posts
554 upvotes
Jimmy Benning is gunning hard for the Vancouver Swennucks.
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2003
15661 posts
1306 upvotes
Langley
Looks like we got Eriksson... I was hoping there'd be room for him and Ladd but that wasn't to be. There's still a little over 4m in cap space left, hopefully there's a 2nd line scoring winger out there.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3287 posts
1931 upvotes
North Vancouver
Dan Hamhuis to Dallas. 2 years, 3.7M AAV.

Enjoyed the years that Hamhuis was here, and I'll miss him. Aquilini/Benning. :rolleyes:

6 years, $6M AAV for Eriksson. At least the Sedins with Eriksson will be entertaining.
Darren Dreger
@DarrenDreger

$28 mil of Eriksson's $36 mil total is paid in signing bonus. No move first 2 yrs, no trade next 2 and ltd no trade in final two yrs.
Darren Dreger
@DarrenDreger
Eriksson salary pays $1 mil in first 5 years and $3 mil in final year. SB goes $7mil,$7mil,$6mil,$4mil,$3mil and $1 mil. Guaranteed.
Eriksson's contract is effectively buyout proof...
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4288 posts
299 upvotes
Canucks are now three years from being two years away.
My views are my own and not those of anyone other than myself – as if someone may have thought they were. :rolleyes: and if you want legal advice, go and pay for it...
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17277 posts
1182 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2016 3:53 pm
The Canucks have signed Jacob Markstrom to a three-year contract extension.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canu ... extension/

"The contract will carry an annual average value of US$3.67 million and will run through the end of the 2019-20 season."
Good value. He's developed well the past 2 years and should be a great and under contract until we Thatcher Demko is ready to at least be a backup.

On a related note, now the Cloutier is the full-time Canucks goaltending coach, management persuaded Rollie to stick with the organization so he's now full-time in Utica (closer to his home in the Maritimes where he wanted to be) working on Demko.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2003
15661 posts
1306 upvotes
Langley
So who's excited for the season to start on Saturday?

Too bad we won't see much of Rodin for a while.

Lines at practice today:

Sedins + Eriksson
Gaunce Sutter Hansen
Baertschi Granlund Virtanen
Burrows Horvat Dorsett

Edler Tanev
Hutton Gudbranson
Sbisa Larsen

Extras Tryamkin, Biega, Skille
IR Rodin

Etem was lost on waivers to Anaheim today. You can tell they've lot a lot of forward depth way Mayson Raymond is on their third line and they make a waiver claim on a guy that at least 24 other teams didn't want.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2027 posts
174 upvotes
I hope they prove the pathetic haters wrong this season.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17277 posts
1182 upvotes
GP Legend wrote:
Oct 14th, 2016 6:21 pm
Hard to do that when Willie puts Horvat with Dorsett and Burrows. Then again, last season, we were all jabbering about the WTF moment of Sutter with the Sedins...
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2027 posts
174 upvotes
Haz wrote:
Oct 14th, 2016 6:42 pm
GP Legend wrote:
Hard to do that when Willie puts Horvat with Dorsett and Burrows. Then again, last season, we were all jabbering about the WTF moment of Sutter with the Sedins...
Who said Horvat will be staying on the fourth line all season? I'm willing to bet this is only temporary. Plus, I'm sure even as a "4th line guy" they will still give him lots of minutes.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17277 posts
1182 upvotes
GP Legend wrote:
Oct 14th, 2016 8:28 pm
Haz wrote:
Oct 14th, 2016 6:42 pm
GP Legend wrote:
Who said Horvat will be staying on the fourth line all season? I'm willing to bet this is only temporary. Plus, I'm sure even as a "4th line guy" they will still give him lots of minutes.
I don't expect it to stay that way but shouldn't you start with something you know works?
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel