Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3287 posts
1931 upvotes
North Vancouver
Only six games in, but a better start than I expected. There appears to be much more defensive structure this year, and Markstrom may be on the verge of becoming a high-end #1 goaltender.

The offence is the usual mediocrity though. The Sedins may have lost another half-step, and I wonder when Horvat will start receiving more ice time.

I don't think they're as bad as the numerous last place predictions, but I can't say I'm expecting a long playoff run.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17277 posts
1182 upvotes
scv wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 10:01 pm
Only six games in, but a better start than I expected. There appears to be much more defensive structure this year, and Markstrom may be on the verge of becoming a high-end #1 goaltender.

The offence is the usual mediocrity though. The Sedins may have lost another half-step, and I wonder when Horvat will start receiving more ice time.

I don't think they're as bad as the numerous last place predictions, but I can't say I'm expecting a long playoff run.
We have Doug Jarvis to thank for this version of the Canucks that resemble the 2006-07 ones.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3287 posts
1931 upvotes
North Vancouver
Canucks are actively looking to trade for a 20 goal scorer according to TSN............

Yep........... :rolleyes:
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17277 posts
1182 upvotes
scv wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2016 2:36 pm
Canucks are actively looking to trade for a 20 goal scorer according to TSN............

Yep........... :rolleyes:
Because our 30 goal scorer isn't, well, scoring.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3287 posts
1931 upvotes
North Vancouver
Shut out 4 times in 5 games.

I hope we don't see any rash decisions on the part of management, although I wouldn't mind a coaching change.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17277 posts
1182 upvotes
scv wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2016 10:21 pm
Shut out 4 times in 5 games.

I hope we don't see any rash decisions on the part of management, although I wouldn't mind a coaching change.
So, with the loss tonight, the Canucks are on pace for 67 points. Maybe EA wasn't off.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2007
1841 posts
27 upvotes
Just rebuild already, trade the Sedins to a contender for picks
Aug 17, 2008
368 posts
80 upvotes
MVP1 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2016 6:24 am
Just rebuild already, trade the Sedins to a contender for picks
$7mil x 2 x 2 more seasons. While their hands looked ok tonight, they are too slow. Even if they agreed to be traded, which team would want to give up picks for them?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4288 posts
299 upvotes
Was at game tonight. It was two decent periods. Last. Joke. Total joke.
My views are my own and not those of anyone other than myself – as if someone may have thought they were. :rolleyes: and if you want legal advice, go and pay for it...
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2027 posts
174 upvotes
Kadri's a little feline that deserves to be put down. Laffs are trailer park trash. I hope we injure some of their players on Dec. 3rd.
Jul 5, 2004
21854 posts
1840 upvotes
GP Legend wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 1:38 am
Kadri's a little feline that deserves to be put down. Laffs are trailer park trash. I hope we injure some of their players on Dec. 3rd.
As a Leafs fan, I love that other players hate Kadri and that he gets under their skin. Once upon a time we had another guy like that in Darcy Tucker. We haven't had that player since, until now. As for the Leafs being trailer trash, that's fine. They're clearly doing something right for other fans to think like that. The future is very bright for the first time in a long time. The Leafs and Canucks are clearly headed in different directions
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17277 posts
1182 upvotes
Shaner wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 7:56 am
GP Legend wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 1:38 am
As a Leafs fan, I love that other players hate Kadri and that he gets under their skin. Once upon a time we had another guy like that in Darcy Tucker. We haven't had that player since, until now. As for the Leafs being trailer trash, that's fine. They're clearly doing something right for other fans to think like that. The future is very bright for the first time in a long time. The Leafs and Canucks are clearly headed in different directions
There's a difference between being an agitator and being downright dangerous. Hit was a blindside hit to the head with Kadri's skate leaving the ice. This is the kind of hit the league has been trying to get rid of.

Babcock's quote after the game didn't help as he was implying that being former NHL Safety, Shanahan has friends who will look at it.

Reilly's hit on Hansen, while shoulder-on-shoulder, was also a blindside hit that was late. Virtanen was given 2 games for a similar hit but of course nobody will even look at this one.

The hate isn't about hockey but the players who are dangerous and take the game back 30 years.

Also, how awesome was Miller saving Stecher from being baptized into the league by an obvious goon move?
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Jul 5, 2004
21854 posts
1840 upvotes
Goon move? The biggest goon move is refusing to fight another qualified fighter and instead going after a player not known for his fighting ability. That's a coward move.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6505 posts
1276 upvotes
i'd have no problem if kadri was disciplined for his hit. that being said, the only flat out premeditated goon play of the night was burrows spear on rielly.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4288 posts
299 upvotes
I cheer for Vancouver when they are in town and also for toronto since I've lived here for 15 years. I hate games like last night's. Who cares who was right or wrong. That's not hockey and it detracts from the skill these days. The fact that fans love it really disgusts me.

The first two periods, outstanding. The last. Embarrassing for both teams.
My views are my own and not those of anyone other than myself – as if someone may have thought they were. :rolleyes: and if you want legal advice, go and pay for it...
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel