Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17277 posts
1182 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 12:40 pm
i'd have no problem if kadri was disciplined for his hit. that being said, the only flat out premeditated goon play of the night was burrows spear on rielly.
I don't disagree about the spear but Matt Martin is 6'3" 220lbs and decided to jump Troy Stecher who is 5'10" 180lbs playing his 4th NHL game. That was straight up predatory. Miller put all of his 160lbs to help Stecher there. Mad respect.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4721 posts
790 upvotes
Whitby
Haz wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 4:34 pm
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 12:40 pm
i'd have no problem if kadri was disciplined for his hit. that being said, the only flat out premeditated goon play of the night was burrows spear on rielly.
I don't disagree about the spear but Matt Martin is 6'3" 220lbs and decided to jump Troy Stecher who is 5'10" 180lbs playing his 4th NHL game. That was straight up predatory. Miller put all of his 160lbs to help Stecher there. Mad respect.
Stecher can thank Derek Dorsett....Dorsett declined to fight Martin a few shifts earlier, then started a fight with Komarov. That always ends with an even up.
nomdesplumes:

"I wonder if adding extra electrical outlets is considered an electrical installation?"
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3202 posts
124 upvotes
Adelaide
Haz wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 11:34 am
Shaner wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 7:56 am
GP Legend wrote:
Nov 6th, 2016 1:38 am
Kadri's a little feline that deserves to be put down. Laffs are trailer park trash. I hope we injure some of their players on Dec. 3rd.
As a Leafs fan, I love that other players hate Kadri and that he gets under their skin. Once upon a time we had another guy like that in Darcy Tucker. We haven't had that player since, until now. As for the Leafs being trailer trash, that's fine. They're clearly doing something right for other fans to think like that. The future is very bright for the first time in a long time. The Leafs and Canucks are clearly headed in different directions
There's a difference between being an agitator and being downright dangerous. Hit was a blindside hit to the head with Kadri's skate leaving the ice. This is the kind of hit the league has been trying to get rid of.

Babcock's quote after the game didn't help as he was implying that being former NHL Safety, Shanahan has friends who will look at it.

Reilly's hit on Hansen, while shoulder-on-shoulder, was also a blindside hit that was late. Virtanen was given 2 games for a similar hit but of course nobody will even look at this one.

The hate isn't about hockey but the players who are dangerous and take the game back 30 years.

Also, how awesome was Miller saving Stecher from being baptized into the league by an obvious goon move?
I don't see the hit as a blindside hit to the head, but a blindside hit that also happens to hit the head. The big difference being that his hit catches shoulder and chest, and also happens to hit the head which is fine. I get trying to get rid of head shots but you cannot penalize every hit where the head also gets hit. He also doesn't leave his feet going into the contact. Got off his feet a tiny bit because of the contact but that isn't illegal.

Miller going after Martin was beautiful.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4721 posts
790 upvotes
Whitby

That's why Dorsett declined to fight Martin and then put on the big act with linesman holding him back.
nomdesplumes:

"I wonder if adding extra electrical outlets is considered an electrical installation?"
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2027 posts
174 upvotes
Nice try, Zamboni. But Matt Martin is an idiot and a coward. But as one of the resident Canuck haters, I'm not surprised by your pathetic bias.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4721 posts
790 upvotes
Whitby
GP Legend wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 6:43 pm
But Matt Martin is an idiot and a coward.
Not sure what you base that on....Matt Martin holds the record for hits in a season and always leads in hits per minutes played. Guy is a hard checking player who also can fight....and doesn't back away like Dorsett did. Martin went after the rookie as even up....you think Martin does that if Dorsett hadn't went after a Leaf who doesn't fight?
nomdesplumes:

Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17277 posts
1182 upvotes
Zamboni wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 11:32 am
GP Legend wrote:
Nov 7th, 2016 6:43 pm
But Matt Martin is an idiot and a coward.
Not sure what you base that on....Matt Martin holds the record for hits in a season and always leads in hits per minutes played. Guy is a hard checking player who also can fight....and doesn't back away like Dorsett did. Martin went after the rookie as even up....you think Martin does that if Dorsett hadn't went after a Leaf who doesn't fight?

Yeah, okay there.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Feb 3, 2011
928 posts
130 upvotes
Eriksson's contract has got to be one of the worst of the last off season. His and Andrew Ladd's.

WIth a 9 game losing streak, is someone going to be fired soon?
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17277 posts
1182 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 1:15 pm
Eriksson's contract has got to be one of the worst of the last off season. His and Andrew Ladd's.

When the Canucks had a decent season and made the playoffs in 2014, we all thought just maybe they could straddle both sides of the fence. Win and develop like Detroit.

Boy does this look a train wreck now.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6505 posts
1276 upvotes
Haz wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 2:15 pm
sharpshooter88 wrote:

When the Canucks had a decent season and made the playoffs in 2014, we all thought just maybe they could straddle both sides of the fence. Win and develop like Detroit.

worst goal differential in the league.
rangers are up next...team with the best goal differential.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17277 posts
1182 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 3:35 pm
Haz wrote:
sharpshooter88 wrote:

worst goal differential in the league.
rangers are up next...team with the best goal differential.
3.7 on the money line! Who's gonna throw down some cash on the Nucks?
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6551 posts
834 upvotes
Ajax
Haz wrote:
sharpshooter88 wrote:

Hmmn...Holland vs Benning...how did you come to that conclusion?
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2007
1841 posts
27 upvotes
Tank for Nolan Patrick our new team slogan?

I'll be a Canucks fan till I die but it's hard watching this team. I wish they would move the Sedins to a contender, they deserve another shot at the Cup. I know they have NTCs but ask them to waive it. Would love to see them in New York or even Anaheim.
Feb 3, 2011
928 posts
130 upvotes
MVP1 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2016 8:20 pm
Tank for Nolan Patrick our new team slogan?

I'll be a Canucks fan till I die but it's hard watching this team. I wish they would move the Sedins to a contender, they deserve another shot at the Cup. I know they have NTCs but ask them to waive it. Would love to see them in New York or even Anaheim.
Finding a contending team to fit both Sedins under the cap would be next to impossible.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3287 posts
1931 upvotes
North Vancouver
Multiple rumours indicating that Willie may be fired before the end of the road trip...

I'd rather keep Willie until the end of the season and fire both Benning and Linden instead. This way we would have a better chance of both a high draft pick and accumulating more future assets.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel