Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3287 posts
1957 upvotes
North Vancouver
The goaltending is mediocre and the defense is a tire fire, but Elias Pettersson.
Jul 8, 2012
816 posts
164 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Not the most popular thread around which surprises me as EP is the real deal...a franchise player. He needs to get more meat on him to withstand some hits and take on bigger bodies. From the 3 months of watching, he has an all-around game which not many young stars have right now. And I love seeing his full wind up slappers on the powerplay. Only bad thing is that when EP is injured, my interest in watching the Canucks isn't as great...I still follow them but the TV isn't always on when they are playing.

My buddy thinks the Canucks are playoff bound while my other buddy hopes EP keeps putting up the points but loses all the games to get a better shot at Quinn's bro or Kakko.
Jul 8, 2012
816 posts
164 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Geez Louise can this thread get buried any lower in the sports section. Canucks' fans, HELLO!?!?! Beginning to think this city is full of bandwagon jumpers with few true fans or fans don't look for deals or fans don't know RFD has a thread about the Canucks.

Anyhoo, some thoughts on the past 9+ months:

1. The fizzle of the 18-19 season coincided with Pettersson pretty much disappearing and even he admitted, he wasn't prepared well enough for the grind. Coming in at 176lbs is good and hope he continues to add muscle till he reaches about 190-195lbs.
2. My initial thoughts on the Miller trade was, what the fook but early dividends have shown how little I know about Miller. I really hope the Canucks make the playoffs so they can give the pick away this year. Or if they suck, don't suck worse next year. 2020 draft suppose to be good.
3. Nice 3 home games.
4. Interested what eventually happens with Baertschi (minors), Eriksson (sitting), Gaudette (half sitting) this season. I think Gaudette should be playing in the AHL with minutes instead of being benched in the NHL. I think Eriksson is usable but the coach just doesn't like him as well as many many fans. Baertschi is a NHLer, really surprised no team picked him up, most likely due to his concussion issues.
5. Horvat with "C" was expected.
6. Nice to see Bertuzzi back in Vancouver opening night and one of the louder cheers when he stepped on the ice.

My guess this team will fight for a playoff spot. and will make it or not based on how many injuries they have this year to key players or abundance to one position.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18515 posts
1794 upvotes
I just find better places to talk Canucks these days but yeah, it's been a nice start to the season.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6154 posts
1772 upvotes
Whitby
spicytofu wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 11:53 pm
Beginning to think this city is full of bandwagon jumpers with few true fans
You nailed it.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2073 posts
196 upvotes
Summerland
Zamboni wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 8:40 am
You nailed it.
Oh, look, the resident Canuck hater is here. Stick to your garbage scabs thread. It's just as dead. Must be because they are just bandwagon fans, like you.
Last edited by GP Legend on Oct 17th, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2073 posts
196 upvotes
Summerland
spicytofu wrote:
Oct 16th, 2019 11:53 pm
Geez Louise can this thread get buried any lower in the sports section. Canucks' fans, HELLO!?!?! Beginning to think this city is full of bandwagon jumpers with few true fans or fans don't look for deals or fans don't know RFD has a thread about the Canucks.
You do realize there are other, better places to talk about the Canucks than this garbage forum filled with garbage Onterrible/Toronto fans, right?
Jul 8, 2012
816 posts
164 upvotes
VANCOUVER
GP Legend wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 9:24 am
You do realize there are other, better places to talk about the Canucks than this garbage forum filled with garbage Onterrible/Toronto fans, right?
I used to go on a couple of forums but stopped a long time ago. I browse the Official Canucks site's Message Board just for information about prospects.

I guess I'll move on.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2073 posts
196 upvotes
Summerland
spicytofu wrote:
Oct 17th, 2019 5:00 pm
I used to go on a couple of forums but stopped a long time ago. I browse the Official Canucks site's Message Board just for information about prospects.

I guess I'll move on.
You can also check out the Canucks reddit. It's very active.