Sports & Recreation

*Canucks Talk on RFD*

Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2007
1841 posts
28 upvotes
The team looked so flat against the Avs. I'd rather play Chicago first round so i'm not too upset with the loss but still. The guys left Luongo out to hang tonight.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2002
3914 posts
6 upvotes
Some really lazy, indifferent play from the Canucks last night against a team missing its top players. Emotional letdown after having clinched a playoff spot? I hope not. I think they'll come out with a great game against Calgary which will more than likely determine first place in the division.
My DVDs for sale

"I want you to step back from the guacamole dip! I want you to put the chicken fingers down!"

U2 360 Tour in Vancouver, 2 Tickets for sale http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/pair ... -a-805801/
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
Pretty embarrassing loss to the Avs. I don't want to make excuses for the team but I didn't think Luongo should've played the back-to-back and they were probably still tired from their long road trip. Plus the death of Pyatt's fianc
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2002
3914 posts
6 upvotes
[quote="Lone_Prodigy" post_id="8548682" time="1239046407" user_id="62839"]Pretty embarrassing loss to the Avs. I don't want to make excuses for the team but I didn't think Luongo should've played the back-to-back and they were probably still tired from their long road trip. Plus the death of Pyatt's fianc
My DVDs for sale

"I want you to step back from the guacamole dip! I want you to put the chicken fingers down!"

U2 360 Tour in Vancouver, 2 Tickets for sale http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/pair ... -a-805801/
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Good way to bounce back tonight. Looks like Calgary may end the season with a whimper.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2002
3914 posts
6 upvotes
Great game by Luongo. 47 shots on goal by the Flames. If Luongo plays like that in the playoffs, the Canucks will go deep. Good to see the scoring spread around. Fourth line checkers rewarded for their efforts with a goal by Rypien. Even the third line with Bernier has been getting goals lately. A balanced attack will be crucial in the playoffs.

Mitchell took a slapper off the side of the knee on the PK. Hope he's okay. It would be bad if he were injured. The man is a workhorse and it would be hard to replace his minutes...a seriously underrated defender. Good to see Ohlund bag a couple after going 25+ games without a goal.

Hope the Canucks can overtake the Flames for the division lead. Not sure if they can catch Chicago for fouth place in the conference, but they have a shot at third...how screwy is that? HahA! <---Tom Larscheid cackle.
My DVDs for sale

Oct 15, 2006
607 posts
great game by luongo! but rest of team needs to step up and not be outshot by nearly double...
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
What a great game. I watched in with some friends in a pub downtown and my ears are still ringing. :D

I'm just going to paste this from my post on CDC.
1. Don't let the shot total fool you. The Canucks were very solid defensively: rebounds went to the corners or to 3 Canucks in front of Luongo, making it child's play to skate it out. The Flames only scored on a tic-tac-toe play basically on the rush.
2. Don't let the score fool you. Kipper wasn't bad: the Flames should never have let Ohlund get so close to him to wire two shots past him, Henrik should never have gotten that shot off, and Rypien basically got a lucky bounce by grabbing his own rebound. Luongo was awesome but not quite god-like: the Flames missed a lot of glorious chances and just couldn't get their rebounds high enough over Luongo's glove. However, I was thoroughly impressed with his positioning and keeping his eye on the puck.
3. The Canucks had the better special teams but took a couple of unnecessary penalties, leading the refs to balance it out later. Mitchell's delay-of-game was a killer, but their subsequent PK was great.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23190 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
Calgary lost 5-1 to the Oilers earlier today. We can clinch the division with a win over the Avs!
Oct 10, 2008
981 posts
12 upvotes
Big game against the avs, hopefully we can win and clinch the division, i hear phaneuf was in minny getting treatment on an injury, possibly a broken wrist, hate to see that happen with playoffs starting, he means a lot to there d/team
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23190 posts
2327 upvotes
Singapore
Winning the division might turn out to be a nightmare after all. I just looked at the standing and I think there is a chance Anaheim might end up being 6th. They're playing really well right now. I much rather have the Canucks play the Blue Jackets.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2006
1042 posts
4 upvotes
i'd rather get home ice advantage above all else. we are much better at home.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4857 posts
880 upvotes
Vancity
VANCOUVER CANUCKS:
2008-2009 Northwest Division Champions
May 7, 2008
54 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver
Northwest Division champions! GO CANUCKS!
Oct 10, 2008
981 posts
12 upvotes
NW DIVISION CHAMPS!!!

Now we need to focus on the real task the playoffs. Hopefully the sedins play a big part in this years run, and we will see what sundin is really made of

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)