• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2006 11:25 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
23 upvotes
The menu's on their website...unless every Canyon Creek differs in items offered?
In Every Heart Red Strength, Our Hearts Are Many, Our Strength Your Envy
May 9, 2003
266 posts
I find canyon creek and the keg not that good, they give not such great cuts for steaks as least. I have the filet mignon and I was not impressed especially with the $28.xx price tag
I recently went to caynon creek, the salmon was alright, chop house salade was pretty good, overall I would not recommend or visit again.

thanks,

robz
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24301 posts
1559 upvotes
Markham, ON
I would recommend the "Chicago" on the menu.

if you don't want beef...go with the porkchop

the food at STC was cooked correctly...unlike the one at Sherway....Mississauga one was good also.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2593 posts
1449 upvotes
Toronto
Items are a little on the pricer side but they do have good food! (Based on the Front St. location.)
Sep 23, 2005
18 posts
16 upvotes
First of all, any review should be taken with a grain of salt as it is a subjective opinion (what may taste great to you may be so-so to someone else). I've also realized with these "chains" is that they may look and feel the same, but when it comes down to the food, they really vary a lot. If you're into steaks, the Keg on Bloor and Burnhamthorpe (west-end Toronto) has been most satisfying so far. Canyon Creek on The Queensway and the West Mall is really good (but steaks are better at the Keg), and has a lot more ambiance (their coconut shrimp is out of this world)--just be careful with a large group...it usually takes our staff dinners about an hour for us to get our food (party of 10-14). Milestone's on Islington and Queensway has been the best out of all their locations in west-GTA...and they are really good for a date. A lot of variety and almost everything we've ordered has been good. I have yet to have a dish that I didn't like. Excellent ambiance, and tasty food. BTW, Milestone's is CARA's top-end restaurant (amongst Outback, Kelsey's, and Swiss Chalet). Enjoy your journey! (I've also tried other high-end establishments like Ruth Chris and Canoe but usually walk away disappointed.)
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
2619 posts
49 upvotes
I'd say CC and The Keg are about the same. But CC has THE best caesar salad! Very garlicky and fresh asiago cheese. I love their steak with goat cheese too. If one was really busy, I'd go to the other and since I live down the road from The Keg that's where I usually go. Now I'm hungry...
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17817 posts
887 upvotes
Thanks for the advice, everyone

I'm checking out the CC Mississauga location for my Birthday next week

I'll let you guys know what I think.

The Keg around here REALLY sucks, so I'm sure this will be better by leaps and bounds

PS: The Ceaser Salad sounds awesome! ;)