• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2017 9:10 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
3941 posts
1651 upvotes
I want to see each of these moron politicians take public transit like they advocate -- all talk bs talk talk talk talk talk... just increase taxes but now they try to pass it off as "good tax" and idiots eat it up.

This is why they aren't breaking down the carbon tax on bills or at the pumps... MORONS!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
7978 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
gh05t wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 1:52 pm
At the end of the day it's a tax that you may or may not pay directly.
You have the choice to own a car and the operating expenses that come with it or not.
I think it's those who can barely afford a car but still own one that will most feel it, complain etc.
For those who can afford a large a mansion out in the 905 and trek into Toronto etc in a large gas guzzling SUV, it becomes more of progressive tax.
Eventually, those on the fringe of affording a vehicle may resort to alternatives like public transit which will help the environment.
It will ease traffic for those who can still afford to own a car and even improve their gas mileage with less stop and go traffic.
Indirectly we will all pay whether we drive or not as the costs are passed on to consumers.
But you probably realise at the same time that none of what you said is going to happen.

Everyone will still drive, everyone will still buy vehicles they THINK they can afford but can't and then complain and keep trying to make petitions to boycott x gas station etc etc when the gas prices go up.

The increased cost sucks for drivers yes but it will also make anything directly affected go up in cost as well, as has been mentioned here already. such as groceries would be one example.

I wouldn't mind the increased cost in gas (for a full tank it doesn't amount to that much more, maybe $4-$6 per tank, and I fill my 'mid sized gas guzzing cuv (V6 engine) once every 2-3 weeks. The reason I think it's ridiculous is not because of cost, but because I (as well as many others) can almost guarantee that the money made from this 'tax' will not be used for what it's supposed to be used for.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3507 posts
608 upvotes
Alberta
apnayloags wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 9:11 pm
Price at the pumps now 116.9cents per litre for regular.......
Just bought it tonight at $1.039 for reg.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2008
4650 posts
333 upvotes
Sanyo wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 9:14 pm
Actually the cost passed by businesses will be even more -- they aren't cutting into their profits...
No, but they also don't use nearly as much gas as we do per capita. It's like the buses. They are far more inefficient comparing to my Prius, but they are far more efficient per capita since they normally carry far more people.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2565 posts
352 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
but green
signature removed for inappropriate content
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
1939 posts
302 upvotes
why start another thread on this damn issue???? There are at least 3 threads about wynne using the money for her personal benefits ...
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.

Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, OSP RULES!
YGK, Toray, Sunline RULES!
Shimano RULES!
St. Croix & Halo RULES!

JDM ONLY.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7867 posts
1190 upvotes
AV-Fishing wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 11:00 pm
why start another thread on this damn issue???? There are at least 3 threads about wynne using the money for her personal benefits ...
It can never be hammered too many times.

Government is sickening. Theft!
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
20699 posts
1949 upvotes
I feel bad for those that require 91 fuel ...
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
18756 posts
2283 upvotes
Poormond Hill
george__ wrote:
Jan 6th, 2017 1:17 am
You should also feel bad for those who use premium for all show.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3965 posts
1048 upvotes
Kingston, ON
george__ wrote:
Bought 91 for $1.22 last week. Bought it for $1.26 this week. Carbon tax paid.

Before the $1.26, I had pulled up to another station. When I saw $1.14 on their pump for regular, but $1.37 for 91, I laughed and went to the next station ($1.11 regular, $1.26 91).

Some places just gouge more than others.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16382 posts
906 upvotes
Niagara Falls
george__ wrote:
Almost picked up the turbo Forester. They all said, don't look at miles per gallon, look at the smiles per gallon.

Not sure my smile would have been that big.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4302 posts
725 upvotes
Kitchener
received my natural gas bill today, Cap and trade is 3.5647 cents/m3 plus HST of course!!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
3941 posts
1651 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 8:19 am
No, but they also don't use nearly as much gas as we do per capita. It's like the buses. They are far more inefficient comparing to my Prius, but they are far more efficient per capita since they normally carry far more people.
Big business will do everything to increase prices... its just the nature of the game and the gov't give them every incentive to do it... carbon tax is really just an increase in tax, Ontario has not been transparent in how they will use the money and show how much they collect - so we all know its a damn scam to bring in more money -- they pass it off as a "good tax" to fool people who think its going to go towards something good -- its really just to keep up with the crazy spending.
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
13924 posts
3514 upvotes
Ottawa
george__ wrote:
Gotta pay to play...115.9 at Costco for premium is pennies.