None
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3517 posts
728 upvotes
Kingston, ON
george__ wrote:
Jan 6th, 2017 1:17 am
I feel bad for those that require 91 fuel ...
Bought 91 for $1.22 last week. Bought it for $1.26 this week. Carbon tax paid.

Before the $1.26, I had pulled up to another station. When I saw $1.14 on their pump for regular, but $1.37 for 91, I laughed and went to the next station ($1.11 regular, $1.26 91).

Some places just gouge more than others.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15921 posts
736 upvotes
Niagara Falls
george__ wrote:
Almost picked up the turbo Forester. They all said, don't look at miles per gallon, look at the smiles per gallon.

Not sure my smile would have been that big.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4191 posts
682 upvotes
Kitchener
received my natural gas bill today, Cap and trade is 3.5647 cents/m3 plus HST of course!!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
2495 posts
517 upvotes
Archanfel wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 8:19 am
No, but they also don't use nearly as much gas as we do per capita. It's like the buses. They are far more inefficient comparing to my Prius, but they are far more efficient per capita since they normally carry far more people.
Big business will do everything to increase prices... its just the nature of the game and the gov't give them every incentive to do it... carbon tax is really just an increase in tax, Ontario has not been transparent in how they will use the money and show how much they collect - so we all know its a damn scam to bring in more money -- they pass it off as a "good tax" to fool people who think its going to go towards something good -- its really just to keep up with the crazy spending.
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
12304 posts
2565 upvotes
Ottawa
george__ wrote:
Gotta pay to play...115.9 at Costco for premium is pennies.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4193 posts
1096 upvotes
It's funny how people can rationalize "pennies" here and there when the various levels of government continue to piss away billions of dollars. Where does it end and when do people finally decide that enough is enough?
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
12304 posts
2565 upvotes
Ottawa
Conquistador wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 12:51 am
It's funny how people can rationalize "pennies" here and there when the various levels of government continue to piss away billions of dollars. Where does it end and when do people finally decide that enough is enough?
The people wanted this...they voted for this.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3517 posts
728 upvotes
Kingston, ON
vkizzle wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 12:54 am
The people wanted this...they voted for this.
Fwiw, carbon pricing wasn't an ON campaign issue in 2014 (nor privatizing Hydro, etc). Granted, with the government's track record, voters should have known better.

Fear of Hudak was worse than 'the devil you know', I guess. And, also fwiw, I think Hudak would be doing a poor job in different ways right now. He wasn't Premier material either.
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2290 posts
148 upvotes
Mike15 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 1:32 pm
Fwiw, carbon pricing wasn't an ON campaign issue in 2014 (nor privatizing Hydro, etc). Granted, with the government's track record, voters should have known better.

Fear of Hudak was worse than 'the devil you know', I guess. And, also fwiw, I think Hudak would be doing a poor job in different ways right now. He wasn't Premier material either.
How bad any moron could do than Wynne. She is worse and Cons are still bogyman. This shiat the liberal supporters buy in Toronto is three much.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
21989 posts
4454 upvotes
GTHA
apnayloags wrote:
Jan 4th, 2017 9:11 pm
Price at the pumps now 116.9cents per litre for regular.......
$1.069 at Ellesmere/Morningside PetroCan
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7413 posts
984 upvotes
Mike15 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2017 1:32 pm

Nothing is worse that the Liberals. Kathleen Wynne was knee deep in the gas plant scam and she is knee deep in bribery and fiscal incompetence now.

Hudak had issues yes but I'm 100% sure Ontario power prices would not be where they are. there would be no carbon tax on gas and Ontario would not be sky high in debt if he was in power.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7413 posts
984 upvotes
george__ wrote:
Don't - anyone can buy a car that takes regular. Most cars take regular.

Premium gas is usually for performance cars - you pay the price if you want that.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3517 posts
728 upvotes
Kingston, ON
kool1 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2017 4:19 pm
Nothing is worse that the Liberals. Kathleen Wynne was knee deep in the gas plant scam and she is knee deep in bribery and fiscal incompetence now.

Hudak had issues yes but I'm 100% sure Ontario power prices would not be where they are. there would be no carbon tax on gas and Ontario would not be sky high in debt if he was in power.
Wynne's not a good premier, and the book still needs to be thrown at the right people for the gas plant cancellation and documentation purge, as well as the Sudbury byelection matter.

Make no mistake though, even if Hudak had won in '11 (much less '14) Ontario was already sky high in debt. $236B in '11-12, $285B in '14-15. The deficit was $14B in McGuinty's final full year, and $11B in Wynne's election year. Absent a magic wand, Hudak couldn't have plugged those figures overnight.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2010
4461 posts
301 upvotes
Scarborough
will they raise this even higher specially when they need money for everything/corruption?
canada has become the country with most incompetent govts as of late, feds and prov and local govts all included. It's like they just don't know how to run the country
the only thing they do is increase taxes on people
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4193 posts
1096 upvotes
apnayloags wrote:
Jan 14th, 2017 12:31 pm
will they raise this even higher specially when they need money for everything/corruption?
When you come to realize that this is nothing more than a cash grab at all levels of government, and nothing to do with saving the planet, then you'll have the answer to your question.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel