Page 1 of 1

Re: Capital One Aspire Cash World MasterCard: Now NO Annual Fee, 1.5% Cashback & More

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2012 11:46 am
by RedFlagDeals.com
Capital One has recently rolled out changes to some of its more popular credit cards. The biggest story is the revamped Capital One Aspire Cash World MasterCard. Capital One has cut the annual fee (from $120 to $0!) and made some other important tweaks. Here's how the card breaks down now:
  • no annual fee
  • 1% cash rewards on all purchases
  • 50% extra cash rewards every year
  • $100 bonus cash reward on your first purchase
  • No limit to the amount of cash you can earn
  • Ability to add an authorized user for $0
  • World MasterCard benefits including travel insurance, extended warranties, and more
  • minimum income of $60,000 required to apply
The removal of the annual fee is a big shift that makes this card very appealing. The annual extra cash reward has also moved up from 20% to 50%, which gives you an effective cashback rate of 1.5% on your purchases. To top it off, there aren't caps or limits to the cashback -- it applies to all purchases and there are no hoops to jump through for redemption. You also receive great perks with this being a World MasterCard -- things like extended warranty coverage up to 2-years and travel insurance.

With the new changes, we'd have to say that the Capital One Aspire Cash World MasterCard is now one of the best cashback credit cards available. This is a hot deal!

As always, you can check out the RedFlagDeals.com Credit Card Comparison Tool as well as the discussion thread in our personal finance forums for more insights.

Re: Capital One Aspire Cash World MasterCard: Now NO Annual Fee, 1.5% Cashback & More

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2012 2:01 pm
by ice_cold
It's a great card but don't hold your breath for customer service because it's terrible. The only thing the customer service reps say is "I can't do that".

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2012 4:53 pm
by asnster
ice_cold, you were absolutely right.

I have the aspire world points card. Even tho i have all necessary protection already, such as alert for transaction greater than $300, or an international transaction alert, etc set up. Capital one still block my transaction from now and then and asked me to call back. I felt so bad in front of so many people in the line that my payment did not go through. When you call the CSR, they either told you it is our policy without listening or clarifying.

C1 think they are smarter than all other issuers in the way they were able to detect fraudulant actions. (all other banks have their system as well, but they do not cause unconfortable experience) Too smart to know how to treat customers.

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2012 5:10 pm
by charliewy
I've only had this card for about 4 months, but I already have a $350 credit and the services have worked well for me. They have called me to verify some transactions, but it was fair enough and I had a confusing international travel schedule... the online tools and reminders are the best from all of the CCs I have so I definitely recommend this to any big spenders.

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2012 10:54 pm
by nancam
I have a C1 cash back card, just not this one. Never had a problem with Customer Service. I like their web portal and ability to download my transactions.

18 months ago while traveling internationally my card got skimmed at an airport. By the time I was re-connected at home, many thousands of dollars had been racked up fraudulently. They were very good about reversing the charges with minimal fuss and paperwork.

I have occasionally (once a year?) had a duplicate charge, also dealt with promptly. I have heard lots of stories about C1 and poor service, but I have not encountered it personally. My 2 cents (or is that zero? or five cents?)

Posted: Apr 3rd, 2012 10:37 am
by monkeeman
agreed - ice_cold

Posted: Apr 3rd, 2012 10:51 am
by kool1
So if you have the old card - I guess we will get converted to this one?

The reward basically drops here from 2% to 1.5% as far as I can see but no $120 fee.

Posted: Apr 3rd, 2012 11:30 am
by kjkoz
I called Capital 1 to find out how to switch cards. Basically I was told that you had to cancel one card and apply for this one. Furthermore, as my $120 annual fee was paid in January, I cannot get a prorated rebate on that amount so it doesn't make sense to try and switch before December.

Posted: Apr 5th, 2012 12:08 am
by serpent11
Absolutely the worst customer service ever. I called to notify of a merchant putting through the same transaction twice, said the 'process' was that I had to go to the merchant and try to straighten it out and only after that could they request the merchant provide receipts to verify charge. Through no fault of my own the expectation is that I do the running around? And I'm paying $120 to carry this card. I cancelled. Be prepared for a lot of aggravation if you go with this card.

Posted: Apr 6th, 2012 10:03 am
by segacs
I recently (as in, less than a month ago) got the Platinum version of the card because I didn't want to pay the $120 annual fee for the World version. Today, after seeing the new terms for the World version (the higher cashback rate and particularly the travel insurance), I called Capital One and asked them to upgrade the card. Their answer? You guessed it: "We can't do that".

When I asked them why -- given that it was a new card and I meet all the eligibility requirements -- they simply repeated over and over again that it's against policy and that I would have to re-apply. Which makes no sense whatsoever, especially since all those credit applications in a short period of time would hurt my (otherwise excellent) credit rating.

I agree with Ice_Cold: Worst. Customer Service. Ever.

Posted: Jul 23rd, 2012 11:41 am
by vaporize
I have to agreed with all the posters about this being an ice cold card.

Customer Service breaks this one totally. The customer service are trained to say "I cannot do that" only.

One of the worst CSR for a $120 annual fee card out there. Only plus is that they do not speak with some sort of strong accents to tell you "I cannot do it"