Personal Finance

CapitalOne still requesting my credit report even when the account is closed?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2009 3:57 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary

CapitalOne still requesting my credit report even when the account is closed?

What can I do? I got my credit report and CapitalOne, which I have closed for a year and a half now, is still requesting for my credit report as indicated on the report received. Can I call Equifax and have them do something about it or can I just say it can be safely be ignore?

And they also didn't report to the agencies that the account was closed last year, I had to send a notice to the agencies that I have closed the account which is not indicated on my recent report.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
No one knows from the gurus here?
Jan 10, 2008
999 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
You can write them a letter removing all existing authorization for credit check.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
Are they doing soft checks on you or are they just reporting to Equifax that your account is still closed?
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4360 posts
585 upvotes
Messed Up Area
Your name could be on a mailing list for pre approval and they are pinging to see if you qualify.

I have FS and BB pinging my reports monthly and has not hurt me as soft inquires but have not been able to get them to stop either even after cpntacting headquaters, as they have nothing todo with the cards themselves and pass off to marketing/CC company.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
These ar esogft checks and do nothing to your record.

If you are worried about it contact Equifax and Transunion and see if you can block Capital One from your record totally. But I don't think that is possible, you have to get a "complete block".
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4175 posts
1483 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks for the responses everyone. I called capitalone first, and expected unable to help me out. I will check the report again, I am unable to see if it's soft or hard check. If they are soft checks, I guess I can just ignore it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)