• Mar 16th, 2008 9:42 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 14, 2006
243 posts
1 upvote

Car Auctions :-

I am new to Canada from the United Kingdom.

Are there any car auctions a normal person can go to? GTA or in toronto. I am willing to travel.

I have heard that only dealers are allowed to attend.
12 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2005
1654 posts
144 upvotes
Victoria
there are auctions/ repo in canada.

public can attend. as of most auctions, no test drives.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
161 upvotes
usually off lease off rentals POS cars i wouldnt suggest buying any of these cars
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1511 posts
70 upvotes
http://www.repodepo.ca/

my sister got a g.cherokee from them couple of Gs less compared to what's listed on autotrader. 3 yrs and counting no problems.
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
Impact Auto is probably one of the most well known auctions in Canada. They have auctions in Stouffville, just north of Markham, every once in a while. HUGE selection. Everytime i've gone there have been at least 200 cars on the lot. Their website has a list you can look through, as well as a calender with upcoming auctions. You may need to be with a dealer to get in, I dont believe these are public auctions. Its either that or they charge you entry (or something along those lines)
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2039 posts
3 upvotes
you will be putting your luck to the test since there will be no test drives.

(from what I know lol)
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3608 posts
750 upvotes
nano wrote:
Oct 13th, 2006 12:12 am
usually off lease off rentals POS cars i wouldnt suggest buying any of these cars
Do you mean from the public auctions or the dealer auctions? The dealer auctions have some pretty nice cars, a lot of them too from the one in Milton.
[OP]
Feb 14, 2006
243 posts
1 upvote
The NTVA one looks like a waste of time as they will be high KM and abused cars.

Seems like no other auctions which will let in a normal customer. You always need a dealer!
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1511 posts
70 upvotes
repo depot doesn't require dealers. usually the cars that they got are repossesed so a big chunk isn't abused
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
161 upvotes
boonjaca wrote:
Oct 13th, 2006 10:46 am
Do you mean from the public auctions or the dealer auctions? The dealer auctions have some pretty nice cars, a lot of them too from the one in Milton.
well i have known a few people through my dad's auto shop that have purchased cars from auto auctions i would say 75% if them ended up getting a lemon. i even had a friend that use to work at a dealer auction he would say most of the high end cars were in good shape but most of the other cars had issues
Sep 21, 2005
271 posts
18 upvotes
Markham
Does that mean looking at places like Repotdepot is good if you want to purchase cars that are 1 or 2 years old? Is ReportDepot the only auctioneers that deals with reposess cars, dont they have ones for the banks as well? Like how they deal with defaulted Real Estate Property.

Looking to sell my 2002 Civic and replace with something newer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)