Automotive

Car door scratch repair cost estimation

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2019 4:51 am
Mar 15, 2017
3 posts

Car door scratch repair cost estimation

So I slided off my parking lot wall and scraped my driver side door, the door moulding strip also came off/torn and right now I am using tape to stick it.

I was wondering, how much, in estimate, it would cost to repair the door? There was no dent at all, it was just the scratch.

Also what should be the best course of action as well?

Finally, the model in question is 2007 lexus rx 400h and I am based in Vancouver, BC, Canada if that helps.

Images are here

https://imgur.com/a/gyRFMcI

Thanks
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
Post high resolution photos in better light. It’s very hard to gauge the damage. With the limited photos, 2-3k. I’d bet there are quite a few gouges in the metal. Did you scrape into the quarter panel as well? Are the moldings damaged? Most likely need a new molding if so.
Mar 15, 2017
3 posts
I think no damage to the quarter panel, the molding actually came off, and right now I am using tape to stick to it.

Is there any cheaper alternative? I don't want it to look like brand new, a few remaining scratches would be fine for me. The car had several scratches already when I bought it so a few extra scratches on the door is fine for me. I just am looking for a bit cheaper alternative so that it doesn't look as bad as it looks now. What are my options?