• Oct 4th, 2010 9:02 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 23, 2008
935 posts
130 upvotes

car insurance related question

I was rear-ended and I have no collision coverage, but my insurance concluded that I was not at fault and they will cover the repair cost and car rental cost although it took me more than a week to chase them for their response. They suggested me to take my 10 years old car to their designated repair shop.

My question is who will ultimately pay for my car repair and rental. Is it my insurance or the other at-fault driver’s insurance? I am trying to find a reason why it took my insurance so long to respond to my claim.

The repair cost could be near the market value of my car and honestly I wish to have cash replacement value rather than fixing an old car. How do I approach this situation?

Any advice would be appreciated.
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9424 posts
450 upvotes
Ontario is under no-fault insurance meaning your own insurance company pays for your repair and rental.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2008
935 posts
130 upvotes
rems wrote:
Oct 4th, 2010 8:06 pm
Ontario is under no-fault insurance meaning your own insurance company pays for your repair and rental.

That's what i suspected the reason the assigned adjuster did not answere my call and i got the call trasnfered eventually and her colleague responded.