• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2019 11:13 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
2352 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto

Car remains in accessory mode when I turn it off

So been experiencing the following issue for over 8 months now on my 2013 Mazda CX-5 (Button start), not consistently but at least once daily.

Basically, the car remains in accessory mode when the ignition is turned off. To solve this, I either have to switch the gear to N or R, then click on the ignition button again to switch it off. Sometimes it takes multiple attempts to get it work.

I have done some research on this and not much success. Some think it is the ignition key, others suggesting it has to do with a faulty door latch.

I have taken it to two different mechanics and no one has a clue. Actually, one of the two mechanics happens to be the one who programmed my car to start remotely. Not sure if this helps , but originally when he programmed it, he told me that when I sit in the car, when I press the brake, the car will turn off and I have to start it again. But one day, after remotely starting it, I inadvertently clicked on the ignition key and noticed that when I clicked on the Brahe, the car didn’t turn off. The mechanic thinks may be what is causing the issue with the car remaining in accessory mode when I try to turn it off.
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
2 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4867 posts
2067 upvotes
Edmonton
Woodbridge905 wrote: So been experiencing the following issue for over 8 months now on my 2013 Mazda CX-5 (Button start), not consistently but at least once daily.

Basically, the car remains in accessory mode when the ignition is turned off. To solve this, I either have to switch the gear to N or R, then click on the ignition button again to switch it off. Sometimes it takes multiple attempts to get it work.

I have done some research on this and not much success. Some think it is the ignition key, others suggesting it has to do with a faulty door latch.

I have taken it to two different mechanics and no one has a clue. Actually, one of the two mechanics happens to be the one who programmed my car to start remotely. Not sure if this helps , but originally when he programmed it, he told me that when I sit in the car, when I press the brake, the car will turn off and I have to start it again. But one day, after remotely starting it, I inadvertently clicked on the ignition key and noticed that when I clicked on the Brahe, the car didn’t turn off. The mechanic thinks may be what is causing the issue with the car remaining in accessory mode when I try to turn it off.
What kind of terrible mechanics are these?
Sounds like an easy fix. You said it sometimes work when you move around the shifter. Check the shifter.

Else if it has nothing to do with the shifter:

First step would be to remove the relay for the ACC which is on conjunction with the remote starter and then test.

Next step would depend on the outcome, but either would be test the ignition harness (didn't fix issue) or the relay/wiring (unplugging/removing relay fixed the issue).
More to follow depending on these outcomes.
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)