Parenting & Family

Car Seat / Travel System brands

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 5:33 pm
Aug 7, 2006
142 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
With my first expecting, we got a hand me down bugaboo camealeon gen 1. It's gone through 4 kids over probably a decade and still looks like new. It's a tank. You pay for more than just a name.... Solid quality and build. I'm looking forward to adding years onto it. Might as well be a family eirloom lol.
Jan 27, 2015
908 posts
335 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I spent a lot of time researching and figuring out price vs. value proposition for us.

At the end, we went with Graco Modes Sport Click Connect when it went on special for $499 (down from $729). This came with the Graco Snugride 35 car seat which basically means that we don't need to purchase a convertible car seat for at least 2 years.

The Modes Click Connect stroller also came with a bassinet for newborn, which is an extremely handy feature.

There are just so many great choices that at the end of the day buy what fits your budget and look for deals.
May 12, 2014
580 posts
161 upvotes
Markham, ON
FinancialFreedom wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 11:38 pm
At the end, we went with Graco Modes Sport Click Connect when it went on special for $499 (down from $729). This came with the Graco Snugride 35 car seat which basically means that we don't need to purchase a convertible car seat for at least 2 years.
FYI, you're going to want to shop for a convertible seat around a year. The kid will be too heavy and the Graco Snugride 35 is also a heavy seat. However if you use the seat till the kid is 2, your arms are going to be deadly.
Jan 27, 2015
908 posts
335 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Bobberts wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:22 pm
FYI, you're going to want to shop for a convertible seat around a year. The kid will be too heavy and the Graco Snugride 35 is also a heavy seat. However if you use the seat till the kid is 2, your arms are going to be deadly.
Around the one-year mark, I highly doubt that we will remove the Snugride car seat from the vehicle. We will buckle him ourselves and put him in the stroller when we are out and about.

Deadly arms are now just a pipe dream. LOL.