[Cards Against Humanity] Cards Against Humanity Saves America

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 5:29 pm
Dec 20, 2007
836 posts
171 upvotes
octobon wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 1:12 pm
Thanks OP, get this every year it comes out. Usually little fun gifts, and card expansion packages. Wouldn't be surprised if part of it is border land to stop a wall!
Day one preview is posted....
Donald Trump is a preposterous golem who is afraid of Mexicans. He is so afraid that he wants to build a twenty-billion dollar wall that everyone knows will accomplish nothing. So we’ve purchased a plot of vacant land on the border and retained a law firm specializing in eminent domain to make it as time-consuming and expensive as possible for the wall to get built.

On Day 1, all Cards Against Humanity Saves America recipients will get an illustrated map of the land, a certificate of our promise to fight the wall, some new cards, and a few other surprises.
May 21, 2014
640 posts
826 upvotes
Alberta, AB
convolution wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:23 pm
I'm not sure what I said made it so "clear" for you, but your assumption is wrong, and I have played the game before.
Well your statement of "one of them might be the game itself" makes no sense. If you have played CAH before you would know for $15 is just their random expansion cards.
Mahawka :)
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1348 posts
350 upvotes
BC
Mahawka wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 10:13 am
Well your statement of "one of them might be the game itself" makes no sense. If you have played CAH before you would know for $15 is just their random expansion cards.
So every player that plays the game has bought the game and knows the pricing? What logic is this? I've played multiple times with multiple groups without owning the game, nor asking the price. This is the first I'm hearing of an expansion pack. It's just cards, the mark-up can be anything and promo's can have exceptional pricing, so I really don't understand your thinking on what the price is supposed to let the buyer "know".

Assumptions, people. Wtf.

p.s. Their FAQ was good for a laugh.
May 21, 2014
640 posts
826 upvotes
Alberta, AB
Timbo420 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 6:23 pm
So every player that plays the game has bought the game and knows the pricing? What logic is this? I've played multiple times with multiple groups without owning the game, nor asking the price. This is the first I'm hearing of an expansion pack. It's just cards, the mark-up can be anything and promo's can have exceptional pricing, so I really don't understand your thinking on what the price is supposed to let the buyer "know".

Assumptions, people. Wtf.

p.s. Their FAQ was good for a laugh.
Yes. If you open the link it clearly indicates it's not the base game.
By playing the game before it's pretty obvious they are not selling the game for 15$. You can barley buy a sit down meal for $15 dollars.

...so assuming for $15 dollars you get the game is pretty ridiculous.
Mahawka :)
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1348 posts
350 upvotes
BC
Mahawka wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 6:42 pm
Yes. If you open the link it clearly indicates it's not the base game.
By playing the game before it's pretty obvious they are not selling the game for 15$. You can barley buy a sit down meal for $15 dollars.

...so assuming for $15 dollars you get the game is pretty ridiculous.
Umm, no it doesn't. Please quote what you are referring to that makes it crystal clear. Please do a search for "base" and "game" and let me know where it's clearly stating it cannot be the base game (is "base game" even a term they would use?). The only place to get an idea of what you'll get, says you'll get "some new cards"!

Again, your assumption on price is ridiculous. There are plenty of stores that sell grab bags of various value. Software bundles (retailing for hundreds of dollars separately) that sell for less than the price of individual programs are very common. Their material costs is a buck or two for paper and printing. $15 is not losing money. I'm kinda blown away by your thinking there is more than $15 in materials in the base game.