Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Esso

Cardswap - ESSO Super Sale - $25 ESSO Gas Card for $1.40 (starts April 5 @ noon EDT)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2012 3:36 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Esso] Cardswap - ESSO Super Sale - $25 ESSO Gas Card for $1.40 (starts April 5 @ noon EDT)

[QUOTE]
A minimum of 50 gift cards will be individually released at random times between 12-4pm EST today. Check out our Facebook comments below for hints on when a card might be released![/QUOTE]

http://www.cardswap.ca/buy/merchant/id/ ... -c3c5-0a5b

Good luck - you're gonna need it!
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
76 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2004
1001 posts
17 upvotes
sites shouldnt hold promotions if it cant handle the traffic
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2625 upvotes
Tough luck not to have a smart phone and a doctor's appointment at 11am MT.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1117 posts
282 upvotes
ca_gascon wrote: Tough luck not to have a smart phone and a doctor's appointment at 11am MT.

The odds wouldn't be much better if that wasn't the case anyway.

Hopefully at least people have learned from similar stunts held earlier by unrelated parties, when members of the press were allegedly quite lucky.
Domain name coupons, prices, OK registrars, loopholes - ask me anything about domains in this RFD Q&A thread.
Dec 29, 2009
231 posts
25 upvotes
Markham
lmfao, forget it, only 50 available over 4 hours, and the site can't even handle traffic.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Chrno wrote: Legit site?

Surprised you've never heard of them.

Bought about $300 (face value) worth of cards over the past couple of months.

The website is fine when they're not running crazy promos like this one.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1788 posts
2625 upvotes
Chrno wrote: Legit site?

Legit. I've been buying my CT gift cards there for 5% off and use it on the pump. Every cent counts + CT moolah!
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Site is horrible lol...only 50 cards in 4 hours not worth the time lol..I thought it was 50 an hour then it might be a tad worth it if u had nothing better to do
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2732 posts
3021 upvotes
Ottawa
I dont typically go gc hunting... good to know.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
nyxeus wrote: There's already a thread discussing this web site. legit or not I personally don't want to deal with them.

cardswap-ca-anyone-use-834178/

I'd never sell anything to them, but I've never had issues buying from them.

Another alternative is Swapopolis.com
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2005
1156 posts
886 upvotes
Waterloo
nyxeus wrote: There's already a thread discussing this web site. legit or not I personally don't want to deal with them.

cardswap-ca-anyone-use-834178/

This site was on Dragon's Den. Not that it legitimizes them but they're not a complete nobody.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2007
3772 posts
1067 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote: I'd never sell anything to them, but I've never had issues buying from them.

Another alternative is Swapopolis.com
Stranger wrote: This site was on Dragon's Den. Not that it legitimizes them but they're not a complete nobody.

I am saying they are not legit or trying to discourage people using them I just don't feel comfortable dealing with at the moment yet. BTW, $1.40 for $25 GC is definitely a super hot deal. :)
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
nyxeus wrote: I am saying they are not legit or trying to discourage people using them I just don't feel comfortable dealing with at the moment yet. BTW, $1.40 for $25 GC is definitely a super hot deal. :)

Not hot enough to get thanked by anyone apparently, but hey that's life ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2007
3772 posts
1067 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote: Not hot enough to get thanked by anyone apparently, but hey that's life ;)

That's very true considering 100+ viewing the thread right now.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2007
3772 posts
1067 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote: Not hot enough to get thanked by anyone apparently, but hey that's life ;)

Wow, just noticed how many thanks you have no wonder you made such comment. :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
do you need to constantly press refresh or does it get updated automatically when one is available ?

and thanked :)
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18946 posts
10528 upvotes

Panhandling for thanks on RFD? That's low.