• Jul 8th, 2010 11:00 am
Tags:
None
Jan 24, 2007
290 posts
47 upvotes

Career Advancement: Flash Developer in TO

Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the average salary / experience required for Flash Developers in TO.

I have a job at the moment in a rebranding / advertising company as a junior web developer but as my first year on the job is coming soon I want to know what my opportunities are, since annual reviews are also happening. I'm currently making $45,000 annually but I have no concrete idea on whether or not this is high or low. Websites like Glassdoor and payscale aren't exactly the most accurate of sources so I'm taking those with a grain of salt.

Also, anyone know what kind of additional education would benefit someone in my position? I've been thinking of project management but not sure if that's useful or if there isn't something better.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
2307 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
Websites like glassdoor and payscale should give you a good enough, rough idea of what kind of range you could expect.

What makes you think getting those info from forums any better than those websites? Some in this forum thinks that you should be happy with min wage, some others think that you should be paid 6 digits annual salary ...

Jr. Developer jobs in toronto (1-2 years experience) can pay anything between $40-60k ... you'll see some people make more than that, but you'll also see some that make less ... 40-60k should be a good range depending on qualifications and experiences.
Jan 24, 2007
290 posts
47 upvotes
reason why I didn't like those 2 was because with payScale, at least the free version, showed similar positions at under 35k while GlassDoor showed a bunch of US job positions at 55-80k both of which seem wrong. Would rather trust forum postings than those sites.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
2307 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
Kirbyprime wrote: reason why I didn't like those 2 was because with payScale, at least the free version, showed similar positions at under 35k while GlassDoor showed a bunch of US job positions at 55-80k both of which seem wrong. Would rather trust forum postings than those sites.
  • On the very low end, but I wouldnt be surprised for someone who has 0-1 year experience to get around 35k pay ... sucks, but in reality it happens.
  • US generally have higher pay scale than Canada.
Jan 24, 2007
290 posts
47 upvotes
damnos wrote:
  • On the very low end, but I wouldnt be surprised for someone who has 0-1 year experience to get around 35k pay ... sucks, but in reality it happens.
  • US generally have higher pay scale than Canada.
Hummm I guess so then. Thanks.

Anyone know of any sort of certification would be helpful? I'm looking into the Adobe Flash Certification but not sure how recognized it is.