• Jan 16th, 2019 7:00 am
[OP]
Nov 21, 2013
62 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto

Career Advice High Pay in Demand

Hi.
What jobs or careers are in high demand for 2018?
That require no job connections.

Which jobs require little or no education that pay well? 50k year or more.

What healthcare jobs are easy to get and pay well?

I have a degree in business administration but it hasnt helped at all. I have had lots of office jobs but not anything good. The administrative field requires serious job connections in your network which I dont have. So it might be time to give up on that.

I cant do any hard labor jobs anymore thanks to health issues, so no running, standing all day, lifting heavy objects, no high stress jobs either. I have anxiety too now.

Ive been searching for different career ideas for over a year since getting sick.

Ive had a lot of temp jobs, office jobs, customer service which I dont like so much or sales.

I want a high paying job with potential to grow, have a professional title (Dr, Professor) or start own business someday.

Careers and jobs I have looked at:
Ultrasound Tech (requires too much school)
Paralegal (high stress but 3 semesters)
Nursing (too much stress and school)
Advertising (requires connections and IT skills)
IT Network Computer Tech (too much school/skills)
City Government Jobs
Social Work ( requires degree)
Teaching Prof (requires degree)
Financial (requires sales and connections)
Tattoo Artist ( requires talent)
Musician ( gave up dream)
Therapist/Psych (too much school)
Doctor (too long of education)
Graphic Design (too much competition)
Web Development (too much education)
Mechanic Auto (hard labor, education, license)
Optician/ eye Dr (2 years but need owm business)

I was going to do ultrasound tech but the only college around requires you go be regulated health professional already like nurse. Except Biztech but they have bad reviews.

City or Govt jobs pay high
But I am not sure which careers I could try.
I have tried applying mamy times but no luck.

I would like a fun job but that doesnt exist unless youre a rockstar, adult film industry, showbiz or some talent.

Any ideas? Tips? Advice? Feedback?

Im at the point I either need to lie like crazy on my resume or go back to school for at least 2 to 4 years.

I wish I had my therapists job, makes $150 an hour to nod his head, nap during sessions, etc

Or my doctors job who just uses google for looking up everything and tells me he doesnt know and writes a referral.

Any short term jobs?
Bartending, taxi driver?
49 replies
Jan 1, 2017
346 posts
206 upvotes
The job you are looking for doesn’t exist or if it did it is no longer in demand or high paying because others would have already gone after it. You are looking for a walk in the park... no education and no hard work but salary over $50k. Stop dreaming. You neee to get additional education and even then it won’t be super easy to get a job depending on the field.
Jul 6, 2008
585 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
What you looking for is a government job or similar ones like hydro one, ttc, enbridge, opg, olg. These are high paying 100k+ jobs where you drink coffee and watch Netflix all day.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1083 posts
428 upvotes
There is no such thing as low risk and high return

return is always always always associated with Risk or effort
Feb 24, 2004
349 posts
74 upvotes
Humbersucks wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 4:08 am

I cant do any hard labor jobs anymore thanks to health issues, so no running, standing all day, lifting heavy objects, no high stress jobs either. I have anxiety too now.
If you are unable to stand or be actively mobile then you are basically limited to an office job or driving job. Research which one pays over 50k and work on the qualifications for it.

There's also the possibility of becoming a professional poker player. Sit all day with unlimited earnings.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
18961 posts
4062 upvotes
Thornhill
Video Game streamer!
Aug 16, 2006
207 posts
58 upvotes
You should consider being a truck driver. My friend's dad is a truck driver and I think I heard him say he makes around 70k to 80k. License is pretty easy to get. TTC bus driver is also good.
Dec 11, 2013
307 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Go back to school for something you are good at, and focus on impressing and building connections.

You're not going to get what you want with your current situation.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4752 posts
914 upvotes
Troll post, folks. Troll post. gg.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1244 posts
159 upvotes
Markham, ON
If you want to have a professional title, it is time to look at programs that offer professional titles. Make your choice carefully, don't get into a program that's going obsolete. It's hard to tell what is obsolete in today's society.
Jul 22, 2015
246 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dimsum69 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 2:18 pm
You should consider being a truck driver. My friend's dad is a truck driver and I think I heard him say he makes around 70k to 80k. License is pretty easy to get. TTC bus driver is also good.
+1 for Truck Driver. Takes 1-2 months to get license depending on the school, they assist you in getting a job. No experience starts around 18/hr+ and after a few years of experience you can easily pull in 60k+. After a few years, you can also become an owner operator and easily pull in 100k+ but it comes with big headaches.
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
24 posts
14 upvotes
Bobby66 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 11:28 am
What you looking for is a government job or similar ones like hydro one, ttc, enbridge, opg, olg. These are high paying 100k+ jobs where you drink coffee and watch Netflix all day.
He said that "require no job connections." Government jobs tend to be very insular and connected.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
67 posts
27 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Bobby66 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 11:28 am
Or consulting, sales, IT, Broadcasting. A lot of jobs actually. Harder with government since they require you to show up as they're old school and don't do the work from home thing like consultants

When I'm on site, I do whatever I want at clients and there's lots of downtime. Same with auditors and sales who are on the road a lot