• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2019 8:17 am
[OP]
Nov 21, 2013
62 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I am not a troll idiot.

I hate sales. If i liked sales i could go do telemarketing.

There are no jobs where you do nothing all day and watch netflix. Funny.

Ive worked very hard for 13 years in many offices and a bank. 17 years if you include working on a farm cleaning houses, mowing lawns, and working as a busboy until I was 18.

I also have a degree in business administration with high honours which was very difficult. I slept 4 hours a night and went to school and studied the other 20 hours a day.

Im 31 now I dont have time to spend another 4 to 10 years in school.

Truck driving isnt as great as you think. I had an idiot friend who dropped out of business school to be a truck driver. Now he is a busboy. I also dont like driving big trucks. I tried driving a box truck once, never again.
Jul 27, 2015
665 posts
238 upvotes
British Columbia
You don't give yourself much choice when you ruled almost every job out!

Where abouts do you live? That could play a role as to why your not doing well with your BA.

Your feeling discouraged because your BA hasn't gotten you where you wanted/hoped to be, but don't give up on yourself!

If you don't wanna go back to school. Then your gonna have to start at the bottom. Then work your way up. Which could be years or never before you reach that 50k your asking for.

Here's my story: I worked like a dog at a meat factory straight out of high school for 13 years. I got Sick of it. Quit last month. Job search like it was my full time job! (Felt depressed and useless during the process) 31 days after i quit. 5am, i got an email and I'm grateful I landed a job in the trade I wanted with zero experience.
Now I expect to be WORKED like a dog for 3 months.
But my skin is tough and after those 3 months. I'll be up there again.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3491 posts
2106 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Raptors905 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 8:37 pm
He said that "require no job connections." Government jobs tend to be very insular and connected.
I don't think that's the case anymore. IIRC, there's no referral program and everyone has to go through the same vetting process of examinations and interviews.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Jan 13, 2017
107 posts
32 upvotes
Soon working at McDonald's will be the best if minimum wage keeps going up $2 each year.
Jul 8, 2017
90 posts
111 upvotes
Sounds like you just want the easy life, You're 31 and still dreaming of this fantasy job lol. Go on welfare, thats your best bet.
Aug 16, 2008
885 posts
201 upvotes
Markham
web dev requires 3 month bootcamp crash course, with your university background, you should be able to land a job no problem.

50k+ out the door.
Dec 23, 2017
21 posts
5 upvotes
Digital Marketer, you can get paid 50,000 -100,000 a year. Or run your own agency.

This consists of doing facebook ads, google ads, twitter ads, instagram/twitter/facebook page posts, collaborating with influencers. Online marketing is in demand, and most companies lack it. And decent amount allow to work from home.
You don't need a degree for this, I mean applied to 3 places that offered between 55 000 to 80 000, and asked for a business degree, but my resume and experience was a enough. I have no degree.
Average person with a business degree doesn't even know much about social/online marketing, so its kind of pointless to ask. Facebook pixel was released i think 2 years ago, so yeah.
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
24 posts
15 upvotes
bomber17 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 4:48 am
I don't think that's the case anymore. IIRC, there's no referral program and everyone has to go through the same vetting process of examinations and interviews.
What I think is still common is, they go through this process because they have to but they already know who they're going to hire. Often someone internally, that they all already know. And they interview him/her too because of the process, but people know this person is going to get it.

Kind of sucks for everyone else who had to travel there to interview.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
67 posts
27 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Shark828 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 6:46 am
Soon working at McDonald's will be the best if minimum wage keeps going up $2 each year.
Sure...if you dont mind waiting for increases every decade or so to catch up
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
67 posts
27 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Raptors905 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 1:20 pm
What I think is still common is, they go through this process because they have to but they already know who they're going to hire. Often someone internally, that they all already know. And they interview him/her too because of the process, but people know this person is going to get it.

Kind of sucks for everyone else who had to travel there to interview.
This is requirement at all big organizations/companies . It's good since we sometimes have someone particular in mind but we've gone with a surprise high caliber candidate from external

But it's very hard to hire qualified workers now with experience so we do recruitment abroad now as well
Aug 8, 2010
449 posts
45 upvotes
DesireSam wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 12:58 pm
Digital Marketer, you can get paid 50,000 -100,000 a year. Or run your own agency.

This consists of doing facebook ads, google ads, twitter ads, instagram/twitter/facebook page posts, collaborating with influencers. Online marketing is in demand, and most companies lack it. And decent amount allow to work from home.
You don't need a degree for this, I mean applied to 3 places that offered between 55 000 to 80 000, and asked for a business degree, but my resume and experience was a enough. I have no degree.
Average person with a business degree doesn't even know much about social/online marketing, so its kind of pointless to ask. Facebook pixel was released i think 2 years ago, so yeah.
No kidding?!
I know an acquaintance who does this. I googled, the salary is 50K something.
Those are easy stuff. Maybe I could do that in my parttime? perfect. It will be satuated soon though as soon as people realize the potential of it. as it's easy stuff.
Dec 28, 2017
127 posts
39 upvotes
wait.. why are we giving all these job suggestions before we even ask what the guy wants?

Of the full list, what is truly your passion? With your BBA.. why do you have Musician as your career choice? do you play an instrument?
Let me tell you something.. even if you become a 200k/year programmer.. if you hate programming... you will hate your job.. work will be miserable.
If you make 75k a year doing something you love.. life will be walk in the park.

The next high demand job will most likely be in A.I. programming... automation... in the banking sector and consultant firms, they are hiring alot of programmers for automation. (thanks to our minimum wage). The higher the minimum wage, the faster the growth.

In Canada, the marijuana industry is growing rapidly.. you can go there.

You can become a bitcoin miner ... just buy lots of hardware to do it.. not sure how long that will last before you don't make much money.

but first and foremost.. what is your PASSION?
without that answered... no one can help you
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9401 posts
2346 upvotes
coriolis wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 2:03 pm
Video Game streamer!
psyfer wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 3:04 pm
LOL Webcam streamer!
Works amazing if you are female and ready to show a little bit. Provide fan service to dorks and teenagers.

I often watch streams, and it's sickening how many followers some female streamers have with no talent and no content. Yet donations and viewers are pouring in because they look half decent and show cleavage.

Seriously, if I had no job, I think the technology already exists where you can change your appearance to whatever you want (hot female) and voice changer. I'd definitely do more research into that.