Career Advice High Pay in Demand

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2019 8:17 am
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2014
2079 posts
836 upvotes
Alberta
Combine jobs. There is no job out there making 50k with all the restrictions you have. Combine a 30-40k job like accounts payable clerk which means just processing invoices with a side gig such as uber/Lyft.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
7847 posts
4802 upvotes
abc123yyz wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 12:35 am
Combine jobs. There is no job out there making 50k with all the restrictions you have. Combine a 30-40k job like accounts payable clerk which means just processing invoices with a side gig such as uber/Lyft.
40k just to enter invoices that’s a pretty sweet gig lol
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2014
2079 posts
836 upvotes
Alberta
Sanyo wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 12:17 pm
Why the “lol”. My previous company paid the ap clerk 47k. Processing invoices, reconciling vendor accounts, communicating with purchasing etc basically ensuring all vendors are paid on time. The senior AP person was making around 60k.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2439 posts
453 upvotes
Toronto
Sanyo wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 12:17 pm
TTC ticket collectors gets paid 60k to sit in a booth. I don't think 40k is high in comparison.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19187 posts
4263 upvotes
Thornhill
blitzforce wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 1:33 pm
TTC ticket collectors gets paid 60k to sit in a booth. I don't think 40k is high in comparison.
I don't know if that argument can be used as effectively, didn't they start transitioning those jobs?

I remember applying (why not) for those positions, but I assume they are filling them with existing employees.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31108 posts
2700 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bobby66 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 11:28 am
What you looking for is a government job or similar ones like hydro one, ttc, enbridge, opg, olg. These are high paying 100k+ jobs where you drink coffee and watch Netflix all day.
actually federal gov jobs don't pay much from what i hear, provincial and municipal is where the dough at, also it comes mostly in benefits.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31108 posts
2700 upvotes
Winnipeg
Messerschmitt wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 7:05 pm
Works amazing if you are female and ready to show a little bit. Provide fan service to dorks and teenagers.

I often watch streams, and it's sickening how many followers some female streamers have with no talent and no content. Yet donations and viewers are pouring in because they look half decent and show cleavage.

Seriously, if I had no job, I think the technology already exists where you can change your appearance to whatever you want (hot female) and voice changer. I'd definitely do more research into that.
you sure about that? all the top twitch streamers are guys
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2439 posts
453 upvotes
Toronto
coriolis wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 3:00 pm
I don't know if that argument can be used as effectively, didn't they start transitioning those jobs?

I remember applying (why not) for those positions, but I assume they are filling them with existing employees.
I don't think walking around waiting for people to ask them how to get to Yonge St is necessarily harder.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2439 posts
453 upvotes
Toronto
divx wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 3:05 pm
Guys that need to be good at the game.......There's a reason "most" of the female streamers have 80% of their camera view focused on their chest.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18515 posts
1794 upvotes
Humbersucks wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 10:07 pm
There are no jobs where you do nothing all day and watch netflix. Funny.
Yes there is. My buddy has been a first aid attendant at a seafood processing facility for over 10 years now and essentially sits around all day waiting for someone to come in looking for bandages. He use to have a PC there to play WoW and nap all day until the company clamped down on him. Now he just naps and watches Netflix all day now and changes the occasional toilet paper roll all at $25 an hour.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
9433 posts
2374 upvotes
divx wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 3:05 pm
Because they have crazy good charisma.

Most of the females who have hundred if not thousands followers have 0 skill or charisma, but all the kiddies and basement dwellers are salivating when they keep that cleavage showing. Most female streamers are downright annoying. There is of course the exception when few are skilled and charismatic too.
Mar 5, 2008
365 posts
48 upvotes
call me crazy but i feel like a degree in business administration, coupled with a few maybe professional development courses in Marketing/Media and an solid online social media presence, you would be able to leverage a position in a company managing online media/social media stuff like that for pretty much any company out there small to big whom is looking to actively pursue a social media marketing and business development

i know you seem a touchy on further education but thats why i suggested professional development courses offered through colleges/universities. Not a full fledged 4 year Degree, but maybe like a 4 month certification course in a specialized skill which you can leverage as a skill to supplement your existing education and skillset.

don't get down on yourself
always try and do things to make yourself better
apply to jobs often

something will present itself when you least expect it
Jan 9, 2019
1 posts
hello, please help someone ,is biztech college accredited and its vascular & cardiac sonography programs legitimate? please help. i am an IMG who cant go for medical council exams as it is along process and i need to feed my kids
Sep 8, 2006
246 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
FYI I worked for the municipal govt on a 6 month contract in Accounting. I was looking forward to the no-work-inflated-pay life, even if it's temporary. That wasn't even remotely my experience. I've never worked harder than I did there, and the $40/hr didn't come to the $80K I expected, but $71K, since they were paying for 7 hours a day not 8.

And this wasn't because I was on contract, my co-worker was perm and doing the same work.

So maybe things have changed, or maybe just in this department things are different. But yeah, I don't buy into that stereotype anymore even though I really want to.
Bobby66 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 11:28 am
What you looking for is a government job or similar ones like hydro one, ttc, enbridge, opg, olg. These are high paying 100k+ jobs where you drink coffee and watch Netflix all day.
Sep 8, 2006
246 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 4:28 pm
Yes there is. My buddy has been a first aid attendant at a seafood processing facility for over 10 years now and essentially sits around all day waiting for someone to come in looking for bandages. He use to have a PC there to play WoW and nap all day until the company clamped down on him. Now he just naps and watches Netflix all day now and changes the occasional toilet paper roll all at $25 an hour.
Oh wow!!