Career change

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2016 11:37 am
Tags:
None
Jun 1, 2016
4 posts

Career change

I wish to make a change in my career because I am bored with working as a web developer (1-year experience). Lately, I am interested in mobile app development. I would like to get training in this field from Cestar college, Toronto ( www.cestarcollege.com ). I already have a degree, so am looking for diploma courses. My question is do I need to focus on particular module like ios, android? What are the current trends of mobile app development?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2006
2187 posts
509 upvotes
Marklin11 wrote: I wish to make a change in my career because I am bored with working as a web developer (1-year experience). Lately, I am interested in mobile app development. I would like to get training in this field from Cestar college, Toronto ( www.cestarcollege.com ). I already have a degree, so am looking for diploma courses. My question is do I need to focus on particular module like ios, android? What are the current trends of mobile app development?

may also be interested in that, how much is the tuition for that course?
Some people meditate, I smoke cigars.
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
13010 posts
3095 upvotes
Toronto
I would think it's quite cyclical if you do get pigeon holed in some ways. My ex-coworker's spouse works at Qualcomm. One year, they were hiring developers like crazy. Than next, alot of layoffs. Had to do with a change/shift in the market as their end market declined pretty quick. I forgot which, but it would be something like Samsung didn't do well as expected. Again, I don't remember the details but it can be challenging if not careful. Now of course if you develop flexibility, are more diversified, have good references where people want you on their team, you will be ahead of those awkward, anti-social folks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)