Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
570 upvotes
callitasicit wrote:
Apr 12th, 2011 6:16 pm
I assume many haven't tried the burger yet and are excited with the prospect of a new chain coming to Canada. I just want to try their milkshakes :)
Me too! I had one while I was in the states and it was very tasty! I hope they open one in Toronto or GTA.
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2004
4209 posts
339 upvotes
llb9977 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2011 1:56 am
GARBAGE FOOD, STAY AWAY, if i gotta eat fast food, i'll stick with Harveys, its the best. of the chain type joints anyways

THANKS. I guess we'll just close down all the fast food places and keep Harveys open.
It's funny how everyone always has an opinion like it's factual proof and if you disagree you are simply wrong.
Dec 18, 2008
948 posts
22 upvotes
Carl's Jr is opening somewhat aggressively in the vancouver area and BC

I tried the one in Chilliwack a couple months ago - it was quite good, just like the states

Carl’s Jr. set to open first of 25 Metro Vancouver restaurants

By Glen Korstrom
Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:00am PST

Multinational burger giant Carl’s Jr. is slated to open its first Lower Mainland store in mid-January and will then open another five outlets in Metro Vancouver in each of the next five years, the company’s head of Canadian operations told Business in Vancouver December 20.

“We’d grow even faster in Vancouver if we could find locations,” said Jeff Branton, Carl’s Jr.’s general manager for Canada, who is based in Vancouver.

“We’re under construction at the location at Dunsmuir and Howe [streets] in Vancouver and at one location in Kamloops.”

Carl’s Jr. opened its first Canadian location in Kelowna last summer and has since opened in Vernon, Chilliwack and Grande Prairie, Alberta.

Branton said the company has franchisees who have committed to open approximately 50 more stores, including one franchisee who has dibs on the Metro Vancouver territory and intends to open 25 stores.

The chain has put in multiple offers at various Metro Vancouver locations, but Branton said he could not confirm yet where the chain would open next.

Carl’s Jr. has a sibling restaurant chain Hardee’s. Combined, the two operations are the fifth-largest fast food chain in the U.S., with more than 3,400 outlets.

http://www.biv.com/article/20121221/BIV ... estaurants
Jul 14, 2006
809 posts
77 upvotes
Nope. We just have to continue dealing with Five Guys garbage.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17604 posts
737 upvotes
Brampton
13inches wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 12:53 pm
Nope. We just have to continue dealing with Five Guys garbage.
I wanted to like Five Guys, and did, for the first few times... but for me the menu is simply too small, and more importantly they offer nothing but ketchup for the fries which I am not a fan of.. i rarely eat my fries with ketchup. No gravy or nothing else for them makes it a very very boring meal

I think other people are getting sick of it too, the one at Bramalea City Center was a ghost town when I was there a few weeks ago... More employees than customers by far
Dec 18, 2008
948 posts
22 upvotes
thats kinda the point of five guys they are a burger joint and rather they do one thing good than a bunch of stuff mediocre - that said the hot dogs at five guys are awful, worst hot dog i ever had

still can't beat the fries

Carls Jr is now open in downtown vancouver on howe and dunsmuir street - across the street from sephora...

http://www.facebook.com/CarlsJrVancouver
Nov 25, 2007
442 posts
burger priest ftw ...yeeeeee. get the secret menu...yeeee.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8245 posts
2370 upvotes
Ottawa
VIKKO wrote:
Jan 31st, 2013 12:42 pm
burger priest ftw ...yeeeeee. get the secret menu...yeeee.
I try to avoid anything with burger, secret and priest in the same sentence.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
977 upvotes
N/A
Cas77 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2013 12:55 pm
I try to avoid anything with burger, secret and priest in the same sentence.
it's a burger, not a sausage, so you should be in the clear.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
× < >