• Jan 13th, 2019 2:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2005
1826 posts
61 upvotes
Vaughan

Carrier Heat Exchanger Replacement warranty

Has anyone fixed their heat exchanger under the warranty? What is covered and what is not covered?
My 13 years old Bryant 345MAV furnace has its secondary heat exchanger failing and I am getting quotes of $900-1000 to fix it or offers to replace entire furnace for at least $3000.
Thanks in advance!
3 replies
Feb 9, 2006
152 posts
38 upvotes
Carrier/Bryant secondary heat exchangers were a big issue for them and continue to be today. Replacement is the best way to go but you can definitely just replace the heat exchanger. If you do replace the part just know that there have been issues with the new secondarys where they can fail again with the same symptoms in just a few years.
Also, when both heat exchangers are out it gives you a much better look at the primary as well and there is a certain area on those furnaces where small cracking will start to happen. If those cracks are found you will need to replace the primary cells as well and the labour cost will go up. Both primary and secondary will be covered under the warranty as well as the coupling box that joins them together. Labour never is covered and that is what the quote you're getting is for.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2005
1826 posts
61 upvotes
Vaughan
@Hexavalent , thank you for your input.

I am leaning towards taking advantage of the Carrier Trade-In Allowance Program and get Carrier 59TP6 furnace installed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)