Freebies

Carrot Rewards App for free SCENE/Aeroplan/Petro-Points/More Rewards [BC/ON/NFLD only]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2017 4:20 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 20, 2009
390 posts
376 upvotes
Vancouver

Carrot Rewards App for free SCENE/Aeroplan/Petro-Points/More Rewards [BC/ON/NFLD only]

Seems to be a new app launched by Public Health Agency of Canada where you can earn points from partners such as SCENE, Aeroplan, Petro, SaveonMore points by doing surveys, quizzes etc about your health.

I got 100 pts for downloading the app, 25 pts for using SCENE25 code, and already another 120 points for the introduction.

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rrot&hl=en

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/carrot- ... 46824?mt=8

edit: seems to be BC only for now as per rugerty100's post below. I got about 680 scene points in 5minutes. Anyone try with Aeroplan?

MOD Edit: Do not post your referral codes here
460 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
1765 posts
1031 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Not available in my province (Ontario).

If you want the points, I guess you should do a BC address like OP, but it might ruin their province's stats.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
2547 posts
718 upvotes
Vancouver
With this free app, get advice on how to eat well and be more active, and earn points while you do it. The more articles you read, quizzes you take, and healthy choices you make, the more your points will add up. Download the Carrot Rewards app now to receive up to 125 SCENE points!*

To start earning make sure you’ve visited the iTunes app store or the Play Store and searched ‘Carrot Rewards’ – then:
Charles, now learning about and making healthy choices that can help you live well, can also get you SCENE® points! The Public Health Agency of Canada and the BC Ministry of Health and SCENE have teamed up to make it easier for you to get more points – just by engaging with the Carrot Rewards app.

With this free app, get advice on how to eat well and be more active, and earn points while you do it. The more articles you read, quizzes you take, and healthy choices you make, the more your points will add up. Download the Carrot Rewards app now to receive up to 125 SCENE points!*

To start earning:
Download the app on your phone and set up your account to receive 100 SCENE points.
Enter the exclusive promo code SCENE25 and your SCENE # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to get an additional 25 SCENE points. Your points will be added to your account once your card number is verified.
[OP]
Dec 20, 2009
390 posts
376 upvotes
Vancouver
Also extra 100pts per friend referral. No limit.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
3711 posts
570 upvotes
Vancouver
My thoughts: 7.5 million taxpayer dollars to develop this app. I think someone just got filthy stinking rich for starters. I think it's an excellent idea and it will catch on with all these free points being handed out like candy and with referrals but currently, the quizzes are far too simple and I'm not sure too many people will walk away learning something new they didn't already know- basically that exercise is good for you. I hope they improve the quality of these quizzes.

Edit: Okay, some of the quizes are okayyyyy.
Feb 17, 2015
66 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Quick Test: Doesn't work in Calgary yet
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2709 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
Cool thanks but doesn't work with Ontario either!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8865 posts
1376 upvotes
lhsonic wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2016 5:29 pm
My thoughts: 7.5 million taxpayer dollars to develop this app. I think someone just got filthy stinking rich for starters. I think it's an excellent idea and it will catch on with all these free points being handed out like candy and with referrals but currently, the quizzes are far too simple and I'm not sure too many people will walk away learning something new they didn't already know- basically that exercise is good for you. I hope they improve the quality of these quizzes.

Edit: Okay, some of the quizes are okayyyyy.
Tax payer dollars to develop an APP???
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Aug 20, 2014
40 posts
74 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Thanks! Easy 340 Aeroplan miles in 3 minutes
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8865 posts
1376 upvotes
sansera wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2016 8:05 pm
Total funding of $15 mil. lols. :facepalm:

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=1037789
Link didn't work for me, but when I googled it myself, went to the same site and worked... and secondly, why would I think that government would fund an app, wasn't a stupid question, thought a private party developed app with a kickback of some sort. Much like checkout51, Snap, etc... they don't make the products, but promote them and the user gets the reward.

[OP]
Dec 20, 2009
390 posts
376 upvotes
Vancouver
jackass_ca wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2016 8:24 pm
Link didn't work for me, but when I googled it myself, went to the same site and worked... and secondly, why would I think that government would fund an app, wasn't a stupid question, thought a private party developed app with a kickback of some sort. Much like checkout51, Snap, etc... they don't make the products, but promote them and the user gets the reward.
Sorry, facepalm wasn't directed at you haha, more at how much money was poured into this.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8865 posts
1376 upvotes
If the app is used the way it should be, and rolled out country wide, then the government investment is warranted. The article says that each year they put money into strategies, so this may be worthwhile, plus some of that was private investors. Honestly, I think if Canadians (actually, citizens of any country), knew how much their government poured into projects and resources, we'd all be astonished... especially to realize that we never see the result of the investment.

As for myself, I'd do these short surveys laying on the couch (How counterproductive to the app's intended purpose) and complete them, instead of playing Gummydrop!

Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2709 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder how long it takes to get the points.
Nov 18, 2015
535 posts
106 upvotes
Sepharite wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2016 8:51 pm
I wonder how long it takes to get the points.
my wife and I both did it and linked it to 1 scene card. we shall see if it works. says it'll take up to 30 days. got 650 scene points in 5 minutes

I think its BC only so far

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)